The Bank is looking to recruit a competent and highly motivated individual for the following position:
REF APM/01/2020 : AGILE PROJECT MANAGER
The job holder will be responsible for working strategically with the management team (project sponsor, project owner/requestor, business stakeholders.) and will be responsible for planning, budgeting, leading, organising and liaising with technology partners on enterprise-level- delivery of technology projects.
The Agile Project Manager will also be the interface between the management team and project team (through the Scrum Master) with the responsibility of fostering transparency and ensuring good communication flow both internally within the development teams and externally amongst the technology partners and other relevant stakeholders in the organization.
The Incumbent will report to the General Manager – Strategy & Transformation and will be responsible for:
- Planning, leading, organizing Agile projects. The goals will be to achieve a high level of performance and quality and deliver on -time agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users.
- Providing weekly, monthly, and quarterly status reporting on project performance using best practices both internally and externally.
- Scheduling project meetings; creating and distributing meeting minutes.
- Helping foster transparency across the organization by ensuring that there is good communication flow both internally within the development teams and externally amongst other relevant stakeholders.
- Contributing to the determination of project scope, resource requirements, skill requirements, project milestones, risks and release plans.
- Monitoring, documenting and communicating project status; anticipating problems and resolving them or escalating them to the appropriate level of management to ensure proper project completion that maximizes value delivery.
- Managing, planning and coordination of broad organizational readiness such as launch, communication and training strategies, while ensuring alignment with technology team deliverables, in support of driving incremental value.
- The role holder will be the key point of contact between the implementation partner and technology partner.
· Managing large, complex enterprise-level projects with Agile delivery.
- Managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may be across multiple business divisions and countries.
- Defining and managing a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Defining the project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value;
- Playing a consultative role to put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools, to improve team efficiency and effectiveness
- Supporting the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Organizing and leading project status and work meetings as well as preparing and distributing progress reports;
- Managing risks and issues in relation to the assigned projects;
- Performing delivery planning for assigned projects
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- (Master’s degree in Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage)
- Agile certification is a plus – CSM, CSPO, PMI-ACP or other.
- PMP certification is a plus
- A minimum of 3 years of working experience as a Project Manager in an Agile setup.
- Well versed knowledge on Agile Project management
- Advanced experience with Atlassian tools – Jira, Confluence, Service Desk
- Results-driven and ready to adapt to a constantly changing environment;
- A clear understanding on how to integrate end-to-end web-based projects
- Familiar with collaborative tools;
- Effective communicator
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Good relationship management skills
- Good interpretation and decision-making ability
- Good people management skill
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to work independently/self-driven
- Strong planning, coordination and time management skills
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Desktop Software – Windows, Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
If you believe you meet the above requirements log onto our website www.imbank.com and click on careers and apply for the position or forward your application to email@example.com. Your application should reach us as soon as possible but not later than 29th January 2020. Please quote the reference number followed by the position applied for in the application.