The Head of Compliance, Africa is a newly-created position at the Foundation and comes at an exciting time of growth for the Foundation as it implements its new strategy, Young Africa Works. The Foundation is evolving to a new way of working to deliver on our Young Africa Works Strategy. This role will focus on co-creating and implementing compliance programs across various regulatory areas and overall leadership development of a function.
Reporting to the Head of Legal and Compliance and working closely with the Head of Legal, Africa, the Head of Compliance, Africa will provide a broad range of high-impact compliance practices and strategies to the Foundation. They will be a leader, subject matter expert and critical resource to the organization. They will also be responsible for the design and implementation of best-in-class practical compliance programs to promote the highest levels of integrity and ethics and ensure the Foundation meets its regulatory requirements.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Participate in the creation of an integrated Compliance vision and framework to build organizational capacity in support of the Foundation’s reputation as a leader in integrity and ethics.
- Lead the design and delivery of the Foundation’s Compliance framework that enables the achievement of organizational goals.
- In partnership with the business leaders and external partners co-create the design and lead the implementation of Compliance programs.
- In conjunction with external partners, co-create Compliance solutions that address emerging and future needs of the Foundation.
- Lead the implementation of training and e-learning as well as introduce engaging and impactful learning solutions/experiences that enhance employee compliance capabilities.
- Lead the development of systems and processes that support efficient and effective management of all regulatory compliance for the Foundation.
- Provide strategic direction to the senior management team on compliance matters for the Foundation.
- In partnership with Programs stakeholders, oversee the Foundation’s Safeguarding compliance components.
- Oversee and continuously improve monitoring and due diligence activities.
- Develop annual compliance plans that uniquely address the compliance needs of the Foundation
- Periodically revise the compliance plan as the need arises across the Foundation.
- Champion a values-based compliance culture as our organization evolves.
WHO YOU ARE
- University Degree and/or Graduate Degree (Masters/PhD), preferably in Law, Accounting or a related field and/or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in Compliance, including anti-terrorist financing and anti-money laundering, anti-corruption, anti-bribery, and privacy and data security, within various African jurisdictions.
- Experience in developing and delivering a broad range of learning experiences including experience with e-Learning Platforms.
- Proven ability to effectively influence, build relationships and leverage the formal and informal organizational structure.
- Ability to exercise appropriate and sound judgement and discretion in dealing with legal matters.
- Experience working in a start-up or ‘build’ environment.
- Ability to take initiative, “roll-up one’s sleeves” and bring creative new approaches and diverse solutions.
- Results driven; motivated by a sense of performance excellence and a sense of urgency.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Ability to challenge appropriately and voice alternative perspectives and viewpoints.
- Professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Must be fluent in English.
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Foundation and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks (criminal and credit), and proof of education are essential conditions of employment.
If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please contact the People and Culture Department at email@example.com. We will work with you to provide a positive recruitment experience in a confidential manner.