Mercy Corps is a global humanitarian aid agency engaged in transitional environments that have experienced some sort of shock: natural disaster, economic collapse, or conflict.
The Jobtech Alliance Impact and Insights Manager will provide a cross-cutting support to several projects, helping to measure impact, conduct research, synthesize learnings, and develop content required to advance Jobtech Alliance’s results, learning and research agenda. S/he will work across a portfolio of programs to gather, analyse data on the Jobtech Alliance’s impact objectives, monitoring results, as well as supporting its research, learning and adaptive management approach.
In summary, the Expert will:
- Help to manage a learning agenda for inclusive jobtech tech innovation programs.
- Contribute to the results measurement of Jobtech Alliance program by gathering and analysing program related data.
- Developing and implementing research approaches and methodologies in a manner that is adapted to each innovation project’s needs.
- Support the venture building team by supporting the research and learning agenda of innovation sprints through the program lifecycle from shaping research objectives of sprints, collating and analysing emerging data on a regular basis, as well as drafting end-of-project reports on findings.
- Creating knowledge products as a primary author for various forms of audiences and channels, including longform reports, blogs, newsletters and other communication mediums for knowledge products.
- Manage editorial and publication of output from a community of researchers from end-to-end.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
LEARNING AND RESEARCH INSIGHTS
- Contribute to the overall advancement of the learning research agenda for the Jobtech Alliance and advise on learning questions, indicators, and tools to measure impact and drive learning.
- Analyze, synthesize, and produce key insights that can easily inform multiple audiences across the Jobtech Alliance network—from jobtech ventures, donors, and investors to our wider community of stakeholders via storytelling media and platforms
- Support the production of research output in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to share learnings, including blogs and similar products.
- Provide research and analytics support to the venture building team through collating data and insights, leveraging relevant research tools and methodologies to support the innovation sprint learning and research agenda.
IMPACT MEASUREMENT & ADAPTIVE LEARNING
- Deliver results measurement insights on the impact of the Jobtech Alliance’s programmatic work.
- Manage and coordinate implementation of measurement and evaluation systems, including data collection, analysis and report writing of the monitoring and research efforts.
INTERNAL PROJECT COORDINATION
- Participate in internal project coordination and relationship building internally and externally for project planning and systems management, presentations of program insights as needed and at times attend local events, meetings and networking activities.
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Minimum Qualification & Transferable Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, international development, or a related field.
- 3+ years of relevant experience, including experience in research and implementing impact measurement activities for technology startups.
- Demonstrated expertise in both quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Demonstrated familiarity with and understanding of development and monitoring of output, outcome, and impact indicators.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, with a keen ability to synthesize and present complex data in a simple, compelling, meaningful way (ability to produce beautiful and top-notch data visualization is a plus)
- Computer proficiency in word processing, databases, spreadsheets.
- Must be a strong self-starter.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while balancing several assignments with inputs from multiple team members