Reports to: Branch Leader
Job location: Kisumu, Nakuru, Eldoret- Kenya
Job Opening: 16th November 2020
Application Deadline: Open
About this Role:
This position will play an integral role in the operations of Tugende. The Senior Field Intelligence Officer will serve as the main point of contact between Tugende and clients who have any motorcycle security issues. The goal is to help Tugende in maintaining excellent working conditions by keeping our assets and our customers safe and problem-free.
The position involves creating a secure work environment for our staff and customers. As a Senior Field Intelligence Officer, you will be responsible for minimizing theft, vandalism and any other suspicious or criminal behavior, working closely with relevant law enforcement authorities. You will also be a key point of contact for customers who have security challenges, respect customer dignity and professionalism are key attributes for this job.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all client security issues are dealt with integrity and in a timely manner.
- Support the field team in coordinating collection and recovery operations
- Ensure all field operations conducted by the Field Officers are managed effectively, with safety & care
- Coordinate all security-related measures for Tugende, including making reports and follow-ups with police and other relevant authorities
- Maintain proper record keeping and timely reporting on any security and safety threats to the company
- Ensure safe custody of all company property/assets at all times
- Advise the company on all security-related matters both internally and externally as well as participate in taking corrective/preventive actions on such matters
- Supervise the day and night time security guards
Preferred Skills, knowledge & abilities
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to quickly analyze information and make informed decisions
- Good risk assessment skills
- Ability to build strong professional networks
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Motorcycle riding proficiency with the willingness to quickly develop into expert status
- Proficiency in multiple local languages will be an added advantage
- Computer literate with the ability to use MS Office and Google Suite
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A diploma preferable in any business-related field from a reputable institution of learning
- Relevant training in security from a recognized institution is an added advantage
- 2 years’ work experience as a Security Officer in a reputable organization.
- Good customer experience and ability to deal with difficult clients
- Hold values similar to our own: Integrity, Empathy, Teamwork, Solutions Oriented and Always growing.
- Confidentiality: Able to handle sensitive information professionally and confidentially
- Positive Attitude: maintain a mindset of “getting things done” and finding satisfaction in developing sustainable long-term solutions at all times
- Flexible and resilient: Willingness to travel, flexible in schedule and work hours, seek direct feedback and see every challenge as an opportunity to grow.