Want to get a job fast?
At Sidian Bank, we recognize the significant accountability and inherent risks that an entrepreneur takes to make his ideas and dreams a reality.
It is for this reason that our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to create wealth through provision of transformational financial solutions that meet entrepreneurs needs and facilitate growth through convenience and choice.
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime Signup Now
Read more about this company
To oversee the customer onboarding functions to ensure full compliance to Account Onboarding policies and procedures, CBK Prudential guidelines, OFAC.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- Approving of account opening documents/Re-Activation/ Reinstatement
- To ensure all account opening are executed as per the existing policies
- Daily vetting and supervision of accounts, ensuring that Account Opening Forms are fully compliant
- Ensuring KYC processes are followed to ensure fraud and operational losses do not occur through fraudulent account opening process
- Support the AML-KYC function at Account opening to ensure that the Bank is not at risk of money laundering activities or at risk of being non-compliant to its AML-KYC Policies, the CBK Prudential Guidelines, POTA ACT and the POCAMLA Act
- Ensure operational risk controls i.e. policies and procedures, audit report findings, dormant accounts and management of overdrawn accounts
- In charge of data integrity
- Tools Management
- Ensuring tools are ordered for new and existing customers (timely)
- Revenue assurance: Continuously analyzing revenue streams i.e. chequebook charges, debit card, credit card
- Blocking/restricting of accounts channels as per instructions
- Management of customer statement
- Oversee distribution of tools to branches on a timely manner
- Preparing of KYC/Dormant/tools reports (monthly)
- Actioning on instruction from various bodies
- To ensure action on instructions from KRA, Kenya Police, Courts, CBK etc from time to time
- Facilitate internal and external audits
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- These decisions are made in consultation with the Head of shared services
- Decision making is guided by clearing policies and procedures and CBK Prudential guidelines
- Carry out continuous improvement initiatives within unit
- Audit and controls champion for Customer Onboarding UnitThe job holder will be responsible for decisions relating to any discrepancies on account opening form e.g. where the account is in KYC and requires to be lifted or honoured. In cases where incoming funds have an invalid account and an alternative has been provided by the branch or relationship manager
- Any KYC related issues
Bachelor’s degree in a business course
At least 5 year in Banking with working knowledge of the Prudential Guidelines, AML Policies, KYC, OFAC
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literate (Ms Word, Ms Excel and Windows)
- Understanding of the KBA rules and standards
- Good organizational and leadership skills
- Understanding of Prudential guidelines on KYC and AML
- Records Management
- Analytical and keen to details
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
Diploma in Banking – AKIB will be an added advantage
go to method of application »
The candidate will be responsible for on boarding, managing existing and new SME clients, increasing uptake and usage of the Bank products, services and resources in order to maximize the value of the business relationships while ensuring profitability for the Bank and the Client.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
Strategy & Policy Implementation
- Ensures achievement of targets and other goals outlined in the units Key Result Indicators.
- Support the implementation of the Bank’s lending policy and procedures.
- Loan origination for new and existing credit facilities within the limits and criteria stipulated by the Bank’s policy and guidelines.
Business Development and Relationship Management
- Provide advice on promoting, selling and structuring a wide and diverse range of financial solutions customized to best meet the financial needs of SME customers.
- Develop a target market database of clients in the Bank’s desired industries/sectors, have well defined call objectives and drive a robust calling program that will generate sales and business for the Bank.
- Mine and analyse customer data to identify and plan for expansion and/or additional business opportunities.
- Perform a proactive liaison role between customers and back office service operations and credit functions.
- Interact frequently and closely with clients to analyse needs, assist clients to better understand their financial requirements and tailor creative solutions to meet individual customer segment needs.
- Accurately and efficiently process customer mandates/documentation requirements for financial facilities.
- Work closely with Credit Analysts and Credit Risk to initiate business deal proposals for new facilities, or facility modifications that require the assessment of credit or other risks, and motivate the deal with insightful information regarding business strengths and vulnerabilities.
- Facilitate renewal of revolving lines of credit in a timely manner as guided by the Bank’s policies and procedures.
Monitoring and evaluation
- Monitor referrals daily to ensure that client facilities are managed within the parameters set by Credit Risk and exercise discretion regarding account conduct based on a close knowledge and understanding of client activities.
- Proactively identify potential problem accounts and formulate appropriate risk mitigants.
- Monitor and ensure compliance of facility covenants to ensure performance and profitability.
- Provide regular call reports for all facilities to enhance Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Monitor service delivery to bank customers to ensure high levels of efficiency and effectiveness.
Risk and Compliance
- Ensure compliance with both internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with risk and compliance units to ensure effective controls to mitigate against inherent operational and business risks.
- Ensure implementation and compliance with operational policies and procedures, AML/CFT Policy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree would be an added advantage
- University degree with minimum of Second-Class Honors, Upper Division
- KCSE B- with Maths – C+ and English – C+
- Diploma in Banking – CKIB/AKIB/ACIB
- Diploma in Sales & Marketing would be an added advantage
- At least 5 years Banking experience in a Managerial Position
- At least 3 Years in Relationship Management within the banking industry
- Proven experience as a Client Relationship Manager
- Problem-solving attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Aptitude for fostering positive relationships
- Teamwork and leadership skills
- Customer-oriented mindset
go to method of application »
Ensuring overall Branch Management, Staff Management, Business Growth and Development and Operational Excellence. This role also develops and implements business strategies to deliver performance and growth targets as well as maintain good business environment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
Strategic input and planning:
- Contributes to the completion of the Sidian Bank Retail Operational plan by preparing and implementing a branch business plan that encompasses strategies for performance on branch growth objectives.
- Prepares the branch budget for approval and contributes to the overall control of expenditure by monitoring costs and reporting on performance against budget variations.
Sales & Business Development:
- Full responsibility for all product lines and all sales and business development for entire branch business.
- Develop business opportunities and monitor business’s activities in line with the Bank’s long-term strategic and annual business plans and ensure that the Bank remains competitive and promptly reacts to changing market conditions and customer needs.
- Develop and implement a branch turnaround strategy to ensure that at least the branch is profitable.
- Develop a focused relationship management system, which increases the branch ability to increase the flow of business and generate deposits, lending and revenues from existing and new customers in line with the enterprise strategy.
- Enhance the appropriate controls and monitoring mechanisms for the development of a high-quality lending.
- Ensure full compliance with the Bank’s Credit Policy, Central Bank of Kenya guidelines and appropriate provisions of the Banking Act with respect to lending.
- Enhance relationship marketing and management – to establish, maintain, and enhance relationships with customers and other partners, at a profit, so that the both the customer and bank objectives are met achieved by a mutual exchange and fulfillment of the brand promise.
- Ensuring compliance to the Environmental Social Management (ESM) policy and procedure in day to day branch business.
Embed strategic marketing by focusing on how to develop competitive advantage into the changing marketplace and leveraging on the banks distinctive capabilities to drive value.
- Enhance creation by creating, communicating, delivering, and offering solutions that have value for customers, shareholders and partners.
- Build the Sidian Bank Brand to ensure that the bank is top of mind as an enterprise bank.
- Understand and provide clear direction to the branch based on market analysis of local area consumer trends and competitor offerings.
- Ensure that merchandising materials are displayed in accordance with guidelines.
- Brief staff on promotional and product launches; provide regular feedback on sales performance.
- Establish relationships with key clients or business influencers in the local area, including client entertainment within budget limits set by the business.
- Support product specialists and the sales team in marketing of initiatives and other products to local businesses.
Strategic customer experience
- Key driver for not only customer satisfaction, but building a base of promoters by enhancing positive customer experience and advocacy to drive competitive advantage, leading to faster organic growth and lower cost.
- Create a differentiated customer experience design, tailored to target customer needs and optimize customer interactions with the brand, offerings, and touch points to consistently deliver and make continuous improvements to the design.
- Link sales and service and embed customer service culture as the bedrock to grow the balance sheet.
- Ensures operations meet legislative and Sidian Bank policy requirements, including health and safety requirements, by monitoring systems, procedures and workflows, and implementing corrective action.
- Responsible for all security procedures within the branch including opening procedures, camera surveillance and maintenance, video monitoring, robbery and fire drill procedures.
- Ensures adequate cash levels to support operations.
- Ensures branch staff are adequately trained in KYC and AML and are adhering to the prudential guidelines.
Leadership & People Management:
- With the support of Human Resources, is responsible for the Human Resource Management of the branch staff and consults with HR on clarity and interpretation of the HR policy.
- Contributes to the ability of staff to meet performance objectives by providing day to day supervision, training and support and leading performance processes in accordance with Sidian policies and procedures.
- Responsible for identifying and developing career path opportunities for staff.
- Contributes to the development of staff by assisting with the interpretation and implementation of operational policies and procedures.
- Responsible for assigning tasks to staff, scheduling and monitoring work and reviewing results for timeliness, accuracy and quality.
- Contributes to the flow of staff communications, by conducting regular staff meetings – morning huddles and weekly progress meetings.
- Encourages staff to participate in internal and external training and development opportunities as these arise and in accordance with individualized development plans.
- Responsible for the presentation and service standards of retail staff to ensure a professional image is maintained with all clients.
- Ensures adherence to dress code, code of conduct and HR policies and procedures and follows laid down grievance and disciplinary procedure to ensure a conducive work environment.
- Responsible for mentoring and coaching the retail team to enhance staff motivation, engagement and improve performance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Sound knowledge of Retail Banking/SME products, services and processes together with exposure in Retail Banking Branch Operations or Customer Service Delivery.
- Profound understanding of retail market, key competitors and offerings as well as competitive edges to win quality customers.
- Thorough understanding of CBK regulatory framework and pertinent regulations impacting corporate customers.
- Strong leadership, marketing, sales and management skills.
- Highly effective communicator with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Solid performance management and motivational skills.
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong managerial, planning, analytical, decision-making, lateral thinking and project management skills
- Demonstrate ability to develop and lead teams to achieve goals and have strategic perspective
- University degree or above in a relevant business discipline e.g. Business Administration or Finance
- Professional qualification is an added advantage e.g. CPA, ACCA, AKIB
- At least 10 years’ experience in Retail Banking and/or Commercial Banking including a minimum of 5 years proven and progressive management experience.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love