We are pleased to announce the following Position in the Digital IT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Consumer IT Lead, the position holder shall provide leadership in driving delivery of Consumer Business Unit projects using Business Doman and IT knowledge. Leading a team of Architects and Business Analysts, as well as virtual IT delivery teams to implement Consumer Fixed (Home Fibre) propositions. Break down complex requirements into simple trackable tasks. Be committed to high quality and delivery on time.
- Responsible for all Domain business projects by resourcing and leading virtual teams across IT
- Responsible for delivering 95% of the projects on time
- Responsible for ensuring project stability within max 48 hours
- Ensure agile is implemented in at least 50% of the projects
- Maintain an accurate registry of all business projects with various statuses and ensure business teams are appraised at all times
- Agree with business product leads & PMO on projects KPI’s, milestones and timelines
- Attend business strategy meetings to ensure IT is aligned with business needs
- Regular team and one-on-one engagements
- Build the team skillset according to the fit for future program
- Team performance management
- Provide budget inputs for business solutions.
- Attend BU strategy sessions
- Weekly Delivery reporting to BU HoDs and Senior Managers on the status of their deliverables
- Responsible for gathering, detailing and documenting all business requirements
- Ensure sensible consensus is reached for all requirements/specifications and help business, IT, CXX, Revenue Assurance and test leads to have the same mutual understanding
- Ensure test plans cover all aspects of Business Requirements and existing business rules
- Responsible for Solutions Design to meet business requirements and non-functional requirements
- Drive reuse on all technical and business functionality designed and no duplication of business components
- Collaboratively oversee the development/configuration of solutions as per agreed designs
- Provide solution architecture input into all new system tenders
- Degree in Science/computer science/Engineering/Business related.
- Certification in Business Analysis & Agile Project Management will be an added advantage
- Strong business acumen and mindset – with bias to Consumer and Sales domains
- 5+ years of software development experience in a busy IT development environment, 2 years of which must include experience in Business Analysis and Systems design.
- 3+ years’ Experience in Technical Leadership of large IT projects
- Team player who is skilled at building up and managing stakeholder relationships successfully
- Ability to persuade stakeholders and to champion effective techniques through delivery.
- Ability to drive initiatives without any formal authority in an ambiguous environment
go to method of application »
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Sustainable Business & Social Impact Department within the Corporate Affairs Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Foundations Programmes, the successful candidate will be working across both the Safaricom and M-PESA Foundations. He/She will be responsible for the development and management of a robust monitoring and evaluation system, monitoring implementation of the Foundations’ strategy and investment frameworks, monitoring and evaluation of the Foundations’ projects/programmes. The candidate will lead in the Foundations’ data management, reporting and learning; and technical assistance to partners and employees in M&E. He/She will manage the M&E firms, support project/programme identification, lead in research and dissemination of results to stakeholders and represent the Foundations in different forums. The candidate will ensure continuous improvement of the Foundations’ M&E systems and adhere to ISO 26000 guidelines.
Monitoring the Foundations Strategy/Investment Framework:
- Develop and manage the Monitoring and Evaluation framework for the Foundations’ strategies/Framework.
- Analyze and report on the progress of the Foundations’ strategies/frameworks through the relevant dashboards on as per SLAs.
Project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the Foundations’ projects/ programmes’ performance on monthly/quarterly basis; and make recommendations for improvement where applicable.
- Coordinate M and E activities for partners and committees
- Monitor the sustainability of the programmes/project's results
- Coordinate Foundations’ brand research together with the research team
- Lead quarterly projects/programme performance reviews based on pre-agreed targets/milestones
- Track and report on the Foundations’ annual workplan
- Manage and monitor the external contracted M&E firms to ensure adherence to agreed upon monitoring and evaluation plans, Service Level Agreements and reporting systems
- Ensure the Foundations’ M&E systems and practices are informed by global and local best practices.
- Develop and maintain the Foundations’ data management system
- Collect all relevant programme/project data as per the SLAs
- Conduct data analytics based on strategy/programme needs to inform reporting at different levels
- Conduct data quality assessments and audits for the Foundations’ programmes/projects.
- Maintain a robust Foundations’ M&E database
- Conduct periodic update trainings on M&E for the Foundations team, partners, subcommittees, project champions as may be required
Reporting and Learning
- Compile reports for the Foundations and other key stakeholders as required
- Deliver the Foundations partners’ quarterly learning forums
- Conduct contextual analysis/research to inform implementation of the Foundations’ strategy/investment framework.
- Manage the assigned strategy pillar and region through programme development, partnerships management, implementation and reporting.
Representation and Partnerships
- Represent the Foundations in the different committees, technical working groups and forums as necessary
- Manage partnerships (including the community) to ensure engagement and delivery of impactful projects/programmes.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university preferably in Monitoring and Evaluation, Social Sciences, Sociology or Statistics
- At least 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E frameworks in development programmes/projects
- Proven experience in the development and delivery of programme evaluation designs
- Experience in designing tools, templates and strategies for data collection, analysis and reporting
- Proven experience in design, development and management of M&E databases
- Expertise in analyzing data and development of dashboards
- Five years of project/programme management experience and working experience in a busy environment
- Certification/post graduate qualification in project management, philanthropy project management by a recognized professional body will be an added advantage
- Good communicator with attention to details
- Proven analytical and report writing skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to project/programme sites