Position Responsible To: - Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer
Positions Reporting to Job Title:
- Manager, Financial Accounting
- Manager, Management Accounting
- Manager, Treasury and Investment
- Manager, Insurance
Prudent management of financial resources to achieve set corporate goals and objectives.
- Effective cost control
- Effective utilization of resources
- Timely availability and reliability of financial information
- Improved financial productivity ratios
- Formulating and implementing sound financial strategies, policies, procedures, and systems.
- Driving the financial planning of the Company by analyzing its performance and risks
- Providing adequate financial resources for business operations.
- Advising on investment opportunities that will yield maximum returns.
- Managing of the Company’s liquidity, working capital and mitigating on operational and financial risks
- Supporting the Board of Directors in strategic stewardship and governance roles
- Proactively ensuring that business decisions are grounded on sound financial advice and insights
- Compiling and reporting on Company’s statutory financial reports.
- Ensuring compliance with financial and accounting standards and regulations.
- Coordinating external Audit activities.
- Reviewing financial services performance and make recommendations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness
- Liaising with government and other stakeholders on finance matters.
- Implementing technological innovations for financial management practices.
- Implementing effective controls for prudent use of financial resources.
- Conducting appraisals on all projects to ensure positive returns on investments.
- Ensuring the Company interests are adequately covered through insurance and hedging instruments to minimize exposure to losses.
- Ensuring compliance of the Company policies, regulations, standards and procedures to enhance operational efficiency.
- Coaching, mentoring and developing the team to ensure optimal performance and effective succession planning.
- Preparation of budgets in a timely manner, and detailed variance analysis to be performed on a regular basis.
- Responsible for managing and monitoring risk and implementation of mitigation strategies.
- A minimum period of fifteen (15) years in relevant work experience and at least five (5) years in Senior Management role.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Commerce or any related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (K) or equivalent qualification by a recognized body.
- Member, Institute of Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) in good standing.
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the constitution
- Certification in Corporate Governance and /or Leadership from a recognised institution
- Understanding of Company business and financial processes
- Strong Communication & Negotiation Skills
- High levels of Integrity and Ethics
- Drive for results and achievement
- Analytical and strategic thinker
- Creativity and innovation
- Commitment to Company Vision and Values
go to method of application »
Our client, Fairtrade Africa (FTA) is the umbrella network organization representing Fairtrade certified producers and workers in Africa. It has four (4) regional networks – Eastern Africa, Southern Africa, West Africa, as well as the Middle East and Northern Africa. Established in 2005, FTA aims to effectively represent producers and workers within the International Fairtrade system and to provide services to them that contribute to the improvement of their livelihoods.
FTA is seeking to recruit a results-driven and highly motivated leader to join this winning team as the Executive Director (ED).
Reporting to the FTA Board, the Executive Director will provide clear leadership to FTA ensuring financial sustainability and strategic growth, develop FTA presence and profile in Africa by increasing membership and enhancing services to members through strategic and operational delivery of the strategic plan, act as an ambassador for FTA and champion the commercial needs of members and producers.
- Advise the Board on strategy, formulate a strategic plan and manage its progress;
- Develop an income strategy in conjunction with the Board to secure funding from a variety of sources;
- Lead and develop the fundraising strategy, identifying new income streams and products;
- Maintain a proactive relationship with the Board Chair and Board Subcommittees working with them to fulfill their duties and other responsibilities for the proper governance of FTA;
- Ensure that the organization has the right management systems and structures in place to carry out its work effectively, accountably, and safely and that professional standards are met;
- Provide leadership, motivation, support, and guidance to the senior team and build a culture of high performance, continual learning, and accountability throughout the organisation;
- Ensure the development of and drive the implementation of the overall communications strategy and a range of messaging for key audiences;
- Ensure the needs of members and producers are reflected both internally and externally. Act as a spokesperson for FTA, representing producer’s needs;
- Ensure the monitoring and evaluation of FTA programmes;
- Provide leadership and management oversight of FTA fiscal and programmatic operations;
- Ensure the overall financial health of the organisation in procedures with the Board; and
- Ensure the existence of a comprehensive human resources strategy and effective systems for the recruitment, induction, probation, training, development, and ongoing performance management of FTA staff.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Have a Master’s Degree in Agricultural Development/Economics, Rural Development, Development Studies or related field;
- Must have a minimum of 12 years senior-level management experience in a non-profit international organisation, with Board level interface;
- Have demonstrable experience of fundraising, organisational profile-raising, presenting to and engaging with a wide range of stakeholders in a variety of forums, and being the ‘public face’ of an organization;
- Possess extensive experience in building and maintaining positive relationships with staff, funders, statutory agencies, and other key stakeholders; and
- Have demonstrable knowledge of charity budgeting, principles of financial and management accounting, as well as an understanding of accounting principles for different funding sources.
If you believe you possess and can clearly demonstrate your ability in the required relevant criteria for the above role, please submit your application, including Authentic Certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and testimonials, your curriculum vitae, details of the current position, current remuneration, as well as email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees who can speak of your competence, character, and integrity.