We are looking for a Restaurant Manager to lead all aspects of our business. You will deliver a high-quality menu and motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service.
Restaurant manager responsibilities include maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality goals. You will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need management skills and experience in both front and back of the house. We want you to know how to oversee the dining room, check-in with customers and balance seating capacity. Back of the house management experience is also essential, as you’ll hire qualified Cooks and Wait Staff, set work schedules, oversee food prep and make sure we comply with health and safety restaurant regulations.
We’ll expect you to lead by example and uplift our staff during busy moments in our fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you will ensure our restaurant runs smoothly and customers have pleasant dining experiences.
- Proven work experience as a Restaurant Manager, Restaurant General Manager, Hospitality Manager or similar role
- Proven customer service experience as a manager
- Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge, with ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform customers and wait staff
- Familiarity with restaurant management software
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Acute financial management skills
- BSc degree in Business Administration; Hospitality Management or Culinary Schooling is a plus
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events
- Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media ads)
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
go to method of application »
We are looking for a professional Barbecue Chef in our kitchen, following our Executive Chef’s specifications and guidelines. The successful candidate will employ its culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our customers’ satisfaction.
- A genuine passion for food, people and the overall hospitality experience.
- Previous experience in cooking over a char grill an advantage.
- 2 + years of proven kitchen experience will be an added advantage.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Working to standards and recipes.
- Advanced understanding & appreciation of all aspects of food & its service.
- Advanced communication skills.
- Flawless presentation, hygiene & grooming standards.
- Physically fit to lift heavy items.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Performs preparatory work such as cutting meat, skewering meat, mixing sauces among others
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
Please Note :: The Luke Hotel DO NOT ASK FOR MONEY OR ANY FAVORS FROM APPLICANTS. ALL OUR INTERVIEWS SHALL TAKE PLACE IN OUR HOTEL AND email@example.com USED TO RESPOND TO OUR EMAILS.
The Luke Hotel will not be liable or take any responsibility in any eventuality.