PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to provide technical advisory to WV’s governance and social accountability programs, primarily World Vision’s Citizen Voice and Action (CVA) approach, an enabling core model implemented in 50 countries to date and documented to significantly contribute to Child Well-Being outcomes in Education, Health and Child protection, with further implementation in WASH and Livelihoods. The Adviser will work with the Sectors, Regional teams and the Field Offices, innovating and adapting CVA to ensure its fit for purpose. The position will coordinate Design, Monitoring and Evaluation (DME) across Transformational Development and will lead CVA Design and Implementation and Quality Assurance (DIQA). Further, the Adviser will contribute to new and ongoing evidence building on WVs social accountability and its sustainability, ensuring links between evidence and grant opportunities, development of key relationships with research partners and maintaining WV as a global thought leadership on Social Accountability. Finally, the Advisor will manage the 100 member CVA Community of Practice.
Lead on Citizen Voice and Action innovation, adaptation and sustainability
- Collaborate with the relevant stakeholders to develop, pilot and socialise the adaptation of CVA for different contexts and sectors.
- Provide and refine technical guidance based on emerging evidence and best practice, including on integration with sector Project Models.
- Develop and promote approaches to sustaining CVA process and outcomes in grant and sponsorship programmes.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration, partnerships and though leadership towards the institutionalisation of CVA.
Coordinate TD DME & Lead Quality Assurance for Citizen Voice and Action
- Guide on indicator construction and programme logic (eg pathways of change and log frames) for TD teams.
- Advise other DME related functions to understand and integrate sustainability drivers in their work.
- Ensure up to date and complete CVA guidance and resources for Design, Monitoring and Evaluation including Design and Implementation Quality Assurance (DIQAs), Logic and Theory of Change diagrams, indicators.
- Monitor adherence to quality standards (e.g DIQA) and recommend actions needed to improve the CVA model, its implementation, capabilities, or other areas to maximize impact.
- Provide targeted support for CVA DME to other sector teams, Support, Regional and Field Offices.
Research, Thought Leadership and Knowledge Management
- Document best practice and examples of sectorial integration and share internally and externally.
- Work with the CVA database analyst to promote database externally and internally for both M&E purposes, advocacy and resource acquisition.
- In collaboration with the Evidence Building Team, establish new social accountability research partnerships and support the implementation of existing ones.
- Identify strategic research funding opportunities and support key World Vision stakeholders (e.g SOs, FOs) to submit these to the evidence building steering committee.
- Work with Evidence Building, TSO, SOs, ROs and FOs to ensure high quality CVA research designs.
- Provide interpretation of internal and external research findings for improved practice – including update and socialization of applicable technical guidance and popular knowledge products.
- Manage the CVA Community of Practice (including on WV central and wvi.org) - ensure technical guidance, best practice, research, global trends and innovation are appropriately and timely shared.
- Provides input to the Social Accountability Leadership Team (SALT).
- In coordination/collaboration with the TSO, maybe required to support the development of case studies and CVA evaluations.
- Keep abreast of latest developments and innovations in the broader sector that is relevant to WV and share them internally.
- Network with global peers, researchers and other relevant organisations to learn best practice and ensure WVs social accountability programming remains cutting edge.
- Contribute to WVs external thought and practice leadership on areas of social accountability innovation and adaptation – including with global donors and organizations through involvement in relevant conferences, research, communications and, where requested, representation.
Provide Technical Advisory for strategic grants for Social accountability
- Provide up to date social accountability landscape information to relevant teams in GC/RO/SO/NO – including GAM, Sectors and Advocacy.
- Develop and ensure up to date CVA Capacity statements and donor briefs to support grant acquisition and external engagement.
- In coordination with the TSO, ensure technical support to pre-proposal scoping, pre-positioning and proposal development for strategic and high value social accountability grants, including fit for purpose adaptations for new areas for CVA, ensuring technical quality incorporates strong evidence from practice and research.
- Keeps track of global data on CVA grants, through Horizon and where additionally available from SO, Regions and FOs and represents this internally to improve the efficiency and coordination of grant pipeline as well as for leadership updates.
- Represent Social Accountability to the GAM advisory group.
- Provides additional guidance to grant implementation where lessons are of strategic importance e.g. for program effectiveness, scale up, new adaptation or updating technical guidance.
- In coordination with the TSO, support the implementation of CVA grants to FOs that are struggling with start-up and quality implementation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated experience in Design, Monitoring and Evaluation (DME).
- Demonstrated ability to developing technical guidance or capacity building resources.
- Track record in effectively convening, coordinating, and communicating with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, and analytic skills.
- Experience in thought leadership and strong writing skills.
- Master’s degree in a field related to international development, governance or social accountability.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in social accountability, governance, advocacy or international development, including significant field level experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in grant acquisition and management.
- Strong command of written and spoken English.
- Some working knowledge of either French or Spanish is an advantage.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrated networking skills with established networks among donor community.
- Easily establishes rapport with diverse range of actors.
- Experience in donor engagement and external representation.
- Demonstrated experience in the pre-positioning, development, design, and evaluation of large multi-sectoral grants.
go to method of application »
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Senior People & Culture (P&C) Business Partner plays a crucial role in the execution of the HR Transformation Strategy. Partnering with Client Business Leaders in support of strategic business objectives, the SBP advises and coaches executives, managers and employees in all elements of employee life cycle. The Senior Business Partner (SBP) works collaboratively with P&C Centres of Expertise, the Operational Effectiveness unit and the P&C Executive office to deliver integrated HR solutions, including workforce planning, performance management, talent transformation, management and leadership development, digitalisation, and all issues related to the rhythm of the P&C business.
This position will support WVI senior leaders in aligning people strategies, goals and priorities with Our Promise going further. (S)he will encourage the use of innovative People Management/OD resources, tools and practices to reinforce and positively change beliefs, attitudes, operating models and structure of organizations to facilitate the delivery of Our Promise.
Strategic Partner for leaders and client group Senior Leadership Teams (SLT)s:
- Work as first level consultant with leaders and managers to identify strategic people needs.
- Acts as a thought partner with leaders and managers to improve people-related priorities in the business unit.
- Assist leaders and managers with strategic planning and forecasting needs regarding people.
- Provides assistance and guidance to leaders and managers on the full range of P&C activities associated with the rhythm of P&C business.
- Act as an initial point of contact and intermediary for leaders and managers in assigned business units.
- Coach leaders and managers on HR and people management practice.
- Maintain current understanding of the client’s department, strategy, people-related issues by becoming valuable member of client's leadership team.
Small Team Management:
Change Agent for client groups, advising leaders on all aspects of organisational development involving:
- Collaborate with leaders and managers to design organizational structures, job roles.
- Function as HR lead for leaders and managers going through organizational restructures.
- Evaluate the impact of proposed changes on employees, and manage change to minimize disruption to the business.
- Advise leaders and managers on the need for, development and ongoing changes of the department's people plan.
- Actively partner with leaders and managers and work with them to collaboratively identify practice improvement.
Employee Champion acting as a single point of contact and intermediary for employees, leaders and managers in assigned business units.
- Directing employees to P&C Helpdesk and P&C Generalist Services in Effectiveness Unit as appropriate. Handling employee issues that are escalated from the P&C Help Desk.
- Provides guidance, counselling, and training to executives on employee relations issues.
- Assist leaders and managers with issues related in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, and other HR topics.
- Occasionally investigates and recommends solutions to employee relations issues in a quick and efficient manner.
Functional Expert who works to:
- Maintain current understanding of the client’s department, strategy, people related issues by becoming valuable member of client's leadership team.
- Maintain a current knowledge of legislation and regulation that relate to HR issues, and collaborate with office of CPO in developing appropriate policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with other P&C teams on cross-functional HR initiatives that support current and future business strategies.
- Coordinate with Operational Effectiveness unit to discuss/collaborate on operational P&C issues that have arisen in client groups.
- Communicates regularly with the Centres of Expertise to collaborate on issues related to client groups and give feedback on rhythm of business and P&C priority issues
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- At least ten years’ experience in HR Business Partnering or related high level specialist role.
- Strong consultation skills and experience influencing and interacting with senior leaders.
- Outstanding people and client relationship skills. Proficient in coaching, mediating, influencing, facilitation, presentation, communication, analysis, and problem solving.
- Bachelor degree from a college or university and seven or more years of related human resources experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Professional certificate in HR/OD/ Management.
- Strong business acumen in multi-national environment.