PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Senior People & Culture (P&C) Business Partner plays a crucial role in the execution of the HR Transformation Strategy. Partnering with Client Business Leaders in support of strategic business objectives, the SBP advises and coaches executives, managers and employees in all elements of employee life cycle. The Senior Business Partner (SBP) works collaboratively with P&C Centres of Expertise, the Operational Effectiveness unit and the P&C Executive office to deliver integrated HR solutions, including workforce planning, performance management, talent transformation, management and leadership development, digitalisation, and all issues related to the rhythm of the P&C business.
This position will support WVI senior leaders in aligning people strategies, goals and priorities with Our Promise going further. (S)he will encourage the use of innovative People Management/OD resources, tools and practices to reinforce and positively change beliefs, attitudes, operating models and structure of organizations to facilitate the delivery of Our Promise.
Strategic Partner for leaders and client group Senior Leadership Teams (SLT)s:
- Work as first level consultant with leaders and managers to identify strategic people needs.
- Acts as a thought partner with leaders and managers to improve people-related priorities in the business unit.
- Assist leaders and managers with strategic planning and forecasting needs regarding people.
- Provides assistance and guidance to leaders and managers on the full range of P&C activities associated with the rhythm of P&C business.
- Act as an initial point of contact and intermediary for leaders and managers in assigned business units.
- Coach leaders and managers on HR and people management practice.
- Maintain current understanding of the client’s department, strategy, people-related issues by becoming valuable member of client's leadership team.
Small Team Management:
Change Agent for client groups, advising leaders on all aspects of organisational development involving:
- Collaborate with leaders and managers to design organizational structures, job roles.
- Function as HR lead for leaders and managers going through organizational restructures.
- Evaluate the impact of proposed changes on employees, and manage change to minimize disruption to the business.
- Advise leaders and managers on the need for, development and ongoing changes of the department's people plan.
- Actively partner with leaders and managers and work with them to collaboratively identify practice improvement.
Employee Champion acting as a single point of contact and intermediary for employees, leaders and managers in assigned business units.
- Directing employees to P&C Helpdesk and P&C Generalist Services in Effectiveness Unit as appropriate. Handling employee issues that are escalated from the P&C Help Desk.
- Provides guidance, counselling, and training to executives on employee relations issues.
- Assist leaders and managers with issues related in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, and other HR topics.
- Occasionally investigates and recommends solutions to employee relations issues in a quick and efficient manner.
Functional Expert who works to:
- Maintain current understanding of the client’s department, strategy, people related issues by becoming valuable member of client's leadership team.
- Maintain a current knowledge of legislation and regulation that relate to HR issues, and collaborate with office of CPO in developing appropriate policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with other P&C teams on cross-functional HR initiatives that support current and future business strategies.
- Coordinate with Operational Effectiveness unit to discuss/collaborate on operational P&C issues that have arisen in client groups.
- Communicates regularly with the Centres of Expertise to collaborate on issues related to client groups and give feedback on rhythm of business and P&C priority issues
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- At least ten years’ experience in HR Business Partnering or related high level specialist role.
- Strong consultation skills and experience influencing and interacting with senior leaders.
- Outstanding people and client relationship skills. Proficient in coaching, mediating, influencing, facilitation, presentation, communication, analysis, and problem solving.
- Bachelor degree from a college or university and seven or more years of related human resources experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Professional certificate in HR/OD/ Management.
- Strong business acumen in multi-national environment.