Vivo Energy is the Shell licensee in 16 countries in Africa. We are proud to offer our customers the very best of Shell’s high quality products and services - including supply reliability, technical expertise and unmatched customer service - in the countries where we operate.
In doing so, we have in place industry-leading health and safety standards...
Read more about this company
Job Purpose: To offer support to the Legal Team
Contract approval tool
- Timeously uploading all contracts forwarded by staff for approval by legal and in any event on the same day
- Circulation of all physical forms of contracts for signature by directors after approval by legal
- Circulation by way of sign off using a log book
- Follow up for signature
- Collection by way of sign off using the log book
- collection of ALL signed agreements from directors
- Uploading of all signed copies on share point
- Storing a copy of ALL signed agreements at legal
- Archiving all contracts more than 6 years old / expired
- Disbursement of signed agreement to contract holders
Leases, Charges, Transfers, Indemnities
- Preparation of the documents for signature
- Marking of relevant pages for signature
- Stamping and sealing
- Keeping an adequate number of passport photos of all directors for use
- Custodian of all the companies Seals
- Keeps adequate red stamps for use at sealing documents
- Keeps a record of all sealed documents plus their value for ratification at board meeting
- Custodian of the code
- Classify, Store and manage the company’s legal documents in the company safe and control their movement.
- Keeper of documents of title all arranged in a systematic manner for ease of retrieval by team
- Keeper of leases and charges all arranged in a systematic manner
- Keeper of company records-all arranged in a systematic manner
- Keeper of company secretarial records
- Classify, Store and manage the company’s legal documents (titles, leases, charges, agreements etc.) in the company safe
- Keep a log accessible to legal staff on location of every important document
- Control movement of company records through an updated movement register
Management of records / files
- Filing of documents in a systematic manner
- Opening of files for litigation and other matters
- Proper organization of all files in the strong room- proper labelling for ease of retrieval by legal team
- Maintain an up-to date filling register (online and booklet) (where anyone in legal team can register and open a file).
- Central Legal archiving- share point
- Archiving of closed files at depot/info fort and keeping an updated log of all archived documents
Digitization of Legal records:
- Keep all records under Legal digitized except Correspondence files in accordance with group policy
- Regularly upload on Blue print, Merrill and SharePoint
- Group Company Secretarial tool- Blue print
Group Legal archiving- Merrill data room and share point
Company Registry – e- citizen & physical updates
Company Secretarial matters (Vivo Energy Kenya Limited, Vivo Energy Malindi Limited, Vivo Energy East Africa Limited, Vivo Energy Marketing Kenya Limited(Engen)
Annual Shell Assurance letters
Letters and other documents addressed to the company/Legal Dept./ forwarded to dept.
Correspondence from department
Meetings with external service providers and with other teams
Payments of legal fees & other services
Travel by staff in legal
Vivo Energy Provident Trust Limited
Annual verification exercise
- Keep updated at all times
- Keep updated at all times
- Updating status of the companies at the Companies Registry
- filing of Annual Returns for Vivo Energy Kenya Limited / Vivo Energy East Africa Limited / Vivo Energy Malindi Limited / Vivo Energy Provident Trust Ltd/ SVLK/ Vivo Energy Marketing Kenya Limited
- Obtain CR12s for VEK, SVLK, VEEAL, VEML & VEMKL by 30th June each year to ensure validity by January each year.
- Booking meeting rooms and arranging for refreshments
- preparing board packs – agenda, TT, Action items, minutes of the last meeting, accounts and significant matters, board papers etc.
- preparing AGM packs- agenda, minutes and accounts
- Preparation of all requisite documentation accompanying this letter
- Reminding Finance in November to have all insurances ready and reminding them in readiness for letter.
- Timely retrieval of required documents and files on request.
- Receive all correspondence
- Bring all to the attention of HOL daily
- Distribute to the team what is addressed to each daily together with the relevant files
- Attend to letters with actions directed to her/him
- File Away in appropriate files
- Respond to email queries within the timelines agree
- Manages all correspondence from department
- Keeper of letterheads for all companies
- Ensures timely delivery of all correspondence from the department
- Arrange meetings as requested by legal team
- Book meeting venues
- Arrange for water and refreshments
- Set up weekly departmental meetings and take minutes
- Monthly lunch for legal team
- Arrange away days for legal team
- Custodian of department P-Card
- Manages budget within limits especially stationery, training, travel and entertainment.
- Monthly update to HOL on budget use (before monthly call with General Counsel)
- Works closely with Finance & HOL during planning for legal budget
- Forward fee notes to Senior Lands Clerk for payment
- Keep a record book of all fee notes received and date paid
- Arrange trainings, workshops, seminars and meetings.
- · Book Venues.
- arrange local travel for team
- arrange for visas for international travel
- Purchase tickets for local and international travel
- Book and arrange transport for all travel
- arrange and book accommodation for staff going on business trips
- Ensures adequate supply of stationery for the department
- Controls usage of stationery
- Ensures legal printer always well supplied and in working condition
- Arranging all board matters- meetings- board packs etc.
- Keeping a segregated filing system for the Trust
- Keeping all the registration documents
- Segregated filing system for the Trust
- ·All correspondence from RBA
- Printing and keeping file fully updated. Updating the Laws.
- Updates the calendar of legal team with all hearing notices and mentions
- Accepts service of court papers served on the company in the absence of HOL
- Seeks advice on receipt of ALL service
- Organize an annual verification exercise of company documents, titles, leases, charges, agreements, certificates etc. in collaboration with the Senior Lands Clerk.
- Provide administrative Support to HOL to deliver various projects and impromptu assignments that may arise in the course of the year.
- Comply with HSSE Golden Rules
- 100% compliance to life saving rules
- Bachelors Degree Degree
- Builds Shared Vision/ Engages Stakeholders- Knowledge
- Champions Customer Focus- Knowledge
- Delivers Results- Skill
- Demonstrates Excellent interpersonal and communication skills- Skill
- Demonstrates Professional competency- Skill
- Displays Personal Effectiveness- Skill
- Works well in Teams- Skill
go to method of application »
Deliver the expected Volume, profitability, and Debt results in the assigned portfolio, maintain and develop strong customer relationships, whilst at same time adopting defend and growth strategies.
Sales / Customer
- Manage customer portfolio to achieve business KPI’s: Volume, Margin, Debt, and Customer Service.
- Maintain sales portfolio, monitor growth and performance. Use available sales tools to drive business growth with quality and accurate account plans for all key customers.
- Proactively identify and maximise emerging opportunities in the market and recruit new customers to grow business size.
- Build rapport & maintain good customer relationship with all customers
- Market monitoring and Intelligence – Maintain database of the market size, competitors and market shares. Provide regular market intelligence such as pricing, new customers, competitor activities etc.
- Comply with standard offer book as per the customer promise initiatives.
- Defend business from competition by renewing all major customer contracts.
- Manage Credit in-line with the company credit policy and manual of authorities. Collect Debt in line with agreed trading terms and complete customer Credit appraisals as they fall due.
- Ensure all invoices and statements are delivered timely to customers. Highlight and resolve invoice disputes with customers.
- Implement company policies and procedures, and ensure relevant controls are in place.
- Carry out regular equipment audits at customer sites and advise / take timely remedial action. Liaise with Engineering where necessary on equipment installations, maintenance and other technical requirements.
LPG Distributor Management
- Manage LPG distributors in line with VE procedures, diligently applying the required tools e.g. business plans, capability assessment, D-Spancop etc.
- Implement appropriate LPG Route-to-Market to increase effectiveness / sales / penetration
- Brand Promotion: Grow market share in assigned Sales territory. Assist in planning and executing customer events, marketing propositions & promotions in the area, with support from Marketing.
- Promote the use of alternative payments methods (Pre-payments) for small volume customers and Resellers
- Provide accurate sales forecasts for effective S&OP process.
- Work with distribution to ensure smooth product delivery to customers.
HSSE / Technical
- Train customers and other stakeholders on product knowledge and HSSE.
- Address / Resolve any technical needs that customers may have.
- Deliver assigned HSSE plan items, including: site audits, toolbox and other HSSE meeting participation, PI identification and reporting, TnT engagement, Defensive Driving Compliance, Fitness to Drive, VEK safety rules / driving standards etc.
- Competition: especially from new and rapidly expanding/increasing non-traditional companies. Rampant dumping of product into assets (tanks) owned by other companies.
- Customer demands: successfully positioning the value of premium priced products in the face of customer demands for higher discounts, driven by cost reduction needs in CRT sector
- Credit Management: trading within terms in face of cash flow management needs of customers.
- Continuously strive to exceed customer’s expectations in delivery of service while optimising use of company resources.
- Working and delivering results with minimal supervision, as the role is field based.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Qualifications and experience:
- University Graduate in business or engineering related fields
- Demonstrated ability to work and deliver results independently with minimal supervision is critical.
- Sales experience with proven success in customer account/relationship management, sales, negotiation, debt management and business analysis.
- Business/Financial and commercial acumen, including debt management
- Results driven, good team player, with ability to provide solutions that are creative and innovative
- Proven track record in implementing Marketing initiatives
- Management of key accounts
- Market/Competitive Analysis
Sales Competence Required Level
- Selling & Negotiating: SKILL
- Customer Relationship Management: SKILL
- Market Awareness: SKILL
- Customer Value Propositions: SKILL
- Distributor Management (if required) SKILL
- Maximise Business Potential: SKILL
- Lead Self and Others SKILL
Leadership Competence Required Level
- Maximise Business Potential: SKILL
- Lead Self and Others SKILL
- Deliver Results SKILL
go to method of application »
Responsible for developing plans and executing projects and initiatives that support the broader short and long-term marketing strategy. Works in collaboration with other internal stakeholders to ensure that the brand remains relevant to consumers and that all initiatives support the brand promise. Additionally, takes a lead in managing vendor partners and communication agencies, and all aspects of their projects.
- Create and execute the brand strategies and marketing plans for the brands, including managing both the existing product portfolio and new product launches
- Leading the strategic planning process for the assigned brands based on key consumer insights to enhance current portfolio and improve communication with consumers.
- Manages the day-to-day activities associated to all marketing efforts, including, project management, creative development, cross-functional implementation, campaign tracking and reporting as necessary.
- Leverage knowledge of business, category and brand marketing strategy into actionable marketing strategies and plans to deliver against the company’s business objectives.
- Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, editorial, marketing, design, and operations to develop, coordinate and execute specific marketing plans for each assigned title.
- Involvement in the development of the company’s long term planning that identifies new business opportunities, markets and partners.
- Implementing the marketing plans by working with internal and external suppliers to deliver in a timely manner and on budget.
- Participate in key sales and marketing presentations as necessary.
- Maintains brand integrity across product lines, advertising, and all other internal and external communication as it pertains to assigned brand.
- Develops and manages the Brand platform to include a definition of the brand vision, promise and value proposition as well as positioning, personality, voice, tone and manner, behaviors.
- Be the most knowledgeable resource in the company as it relates to the brands and champion the brand throughout the organization, with partners and external agencies.
- Manage brand guidelines to ensure all vendors and internal audiences follow them and update them as necessary.
- Assist in monitoring brand health metrics and support the development of new brand tracking across businesses.
- Leads the Marketing lifecycle process for designated brand(s).
- Prepares marketing objectives and schedules for all phases of product solicitation and introduction to market including but not limited to sales materials and retail presentations.
- Works closely with all relevant Media departments to integrate media mix plans.
- Develop and execute national advertising and promotional activities to effectively communicate the strategic positioning and lifecycle development of products to customers.
- Assist with management of third party agencies.
- Lead insight gathering research into consumers and competitive category to secure knowledge that can be utilized to enhance and evolve the brand. Leverage consumer insights to develop brand and product positioning.
- Produces competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors.
- Working closely with distribution partners and Marketing Research companies to obtain relevant information, including the development and implementation of brand audit studies and focus groups.
- Develops monthly and quarterly reports for management.
- Monitoring and analyzing business performance vis-à-vis business goals (awareness, share, consumer diagnostics, profitability, etc.) and the competition.
- Assist with financial projections and budgeting process.
- Manage budgets and financial related to marketing campaigns.
- Be the owner of pricing in the relevant brands
- The incumbent will be responsible for driving forward the business in the OU Structure and will need to work very closely with other sales, technical, operation and marketing colleagues.
- New Business Opportunities, both in sectors and geographies
- Highly mobile role, will need to spend significant time traveling in the Country.
- Will need to work effectively with Local staff and with Pan African Marketing, Technical and other functions
- Manage the diversity of indirect channels and implement Marketing programs in order to improve the profitability of the business
- Optimal integration of Global/Local OEMs Partnerships outcomes
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experiences:
- Category knowledge in Fuels & Convenience Retailing is essential
- Good understanding of Retail, B2C and/or B2B markets
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams in both leadership and member roles.
- Strong presentation and writing skills.
- Analysis skills to not only present data but also summarize the findings and propose recommendations for future improvement.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and is a relationship builder.
- Must have a style that promotes respect, credibility and trust throughout the organization.
- Must be a business leader and a calculated risk taker.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strategic thinker and creative marketer
- Results oriented and self-motivated.
- Strong Leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Generating Insights- Skill
- Strategic Marketing & Planning- Skill
- CVP Development – Brand- Skill
- CVP Development – Product/Service Portfolio- Skill
- CVP Development – Pricing - Skill
- CVP Development – Promotions- Skill
- CVP Development – Channel/Sector Managements- skill
- Effective Messaging - Skill
- Delivering Excellence in the Market- Skill
Method of Application
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.