WE is looking for an outstanding Driver
The position will be based in Tigoni, Kenya with frequent travel to Narok.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Applicant should have a Tourist service vehicle badge (TSV) not PSV
- He/she should be able to drive trucks and bed fords
- Should have mechanical experience in order to help in servicing vehicles in Nairobi
- Applicant should be conversant with Nairobi routes and its environs
- Should Eloquently speak English due to Wageni transfers
Minimum Skills and Qualifications Required;
- KCSE C- certificate
- Driving license class B/C/E with TSV endorsement
- Exemplary work performance
- 3 years’ experience as a driver II or equivalent
go to method of application »
We are looking for a talented story teller with strong writing skills to join our team in Kenya to capture the stories of impact that take place in the communities where WE Villages works.
This role involves gathering content from the communities we work with in Narok County to produce quality online print and video blogs, and assist with reporting needs for our flagship development model WE Villages. The position involves project management, interviewing, writing for web, writing for video, filming, photography, comfort being on camera, and the ability and sensitivity to draw out meaningful stories from the communities we work with and tell them in an engaging way.
This position is best suited to a journalist with experience and interest in development work and working with marginalized communities.
The ideal candidate will have strong writing abilities, impeccable research and interview skills and a firm understanding of journalistic practices. The candidate will be well informed on issues affecting the local populations of Narok country (particularly the Kipsigis and Maasai), have a passion for social change, and a desire to tell the stories of the communities we work with in those areas.
The candidate will have a willingness to be coached and a desire to develop stronger skills. Training will be provided.
The position will be based out of the WE Village office in Narok County, with travel to Nairobi as required.
The position is available immediately.
- Story Telling and Project Management
- Plan and implement monthly content needs, including print and video blogs, and in-depth interviews and testimonials.
- Identify stories of change and research, interview, and tell stories (through print, photography, and video) in style in line with the organization’s editorial needs.
- Active communication with Kenya report and editorial team in Toronto.
- Adapt to organization’s voice and style.
- Fluent in Swahili and English.
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience with photography and interest in filming
- Engaging speaker, and willingness to be on camera
- Good research, interviewing and reporting skills
- Good journalistic intuition
- Ability to adapt to suggestions provided
- Need initiative and ability to work independently
- Excellent editing skills, both copy editing and for content
- Must have an ability to improve copy, as well as perform rewrites or reshoot, where required
- Work quickly and handle deadline pressure
- Willingness to learn and be coached
- A Minimum of a Diploma in Journalism or Mass Communication from a reputable University/College
- Experience in journalism and story collection
- Background, education and/or in-depth experience with writing for web, a newspaper or related experience
- Minimum 2 years of writing experience -- samples required
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Able to meet demanding deadlines, producing high quality work and project a positive attitude
- Willing to be a dedicated member of the team with a positive and flexible attitude
go to method of application »
WE are looking for a Warehouse Coordinator to be responsible for controlling the flow of stock through a warehouse, monitoring goods in and out, safely and efficiently moving and handling items and keeping stock records. The Warehouse Coordinator is accountable to the Warehouse Manager - Supply Chain for the responsibilities stated in this job description. These responsibilities will be monitored and managed through annual performance review and supported through the monitoring of KPIs.
- .Inspect incoming inventory for quality quantity and specification to ensure they incoming goods match the Purchase Order.
- Coordinate movement of inventory inside the warehouse between receiving and Dispatch area
- Use moving equipment pallet jacks to safely and efficient move inventory around the warehouse and shipping facility.
- Monitor and assist loading and unloading of merchandise.
- Prepare products for shipping purposes.
- Manage documentation associated with shipping processes i.e delivery note, invoices
- Manage product inventory and adjust any entries that may need to be regulated.
- Document all actions by handling logs and records and managing information on forms.
- Conduct physical Stock take to determine losses and identify stocks for shipment.
- Compile work orders and ensure appropriate compliance.
- Record all Inventory transactions in the Warehouse Management system-INFLOW.
- Evaluate materials performances to ensure durability and economy.
- Direct the work of warehouse personnel and oversee all associated activities.
- Evaluate staff performance and manage employee appraisals.
- Assume warehouse operations responsibility in the absence of the manager.
- Assist in developing policies and procedures to direct the operations of the warehouse.
- Investigate and report warehouse operational discrepancies.
- Retrieve outgoing freight on shipping docks and ensure warehouse maintenance.
- Supervise Packaging and Loading inventory in vehicles safe shipping.
- Ensure delivery schedule is maintained and promptly alert supervisors if a delay occurs or is likely. Perform periodic inventory checks to ensure the accuracy of database information and minimize the risk of inventory issues
- A high level of integrity.
- High Eye to detail.
- Project management and planning.
- Time management skills.
- Interest in market dynamics along with business sense.
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Determination and Persistence.
- Flexibility and ability to support the entire supply chain network (inbound/operations/outbound logistics)
- Diploma in a business related course Supply Chain Management/Finance/Stores Management from a recognised institution.
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of working with ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) Software
- Registered Member of KISM and/or CIPS.
- At least 2 Years’ Experience in supply chain.
WE are delighted to have you join our journey to bring about change in the world. WE are proud and excited to have you as part of our team! WE sincerely thank all those who will apply, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please send your cover letter and resume (indicating your current salary) to email@example.com on or before 29th February 2020