The networks administrator will be responsible for maintaining a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network. The candidate will be able to deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operation.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade corporate customer’s networks and in house servers
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications
- Keep an eye out for needed updates
- Support and administer third-party applications
- Ensure network security and connectivity
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Resolve problems reported by end user
- Define network policies and procedures
- Specify system requirements and design solutions
- Research and make recommendations on server system administration
- Degree in Information Technology or Information Systems or Computer Sciences or Business Information Technology or Business Information Systems, Telecommunication or related discipline.
- Must be CCNP certified.
- 3 years’ experience as a networks engineer.
- Strong customer support and client relation skills.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Willingness to learn new things and share them with others.
- Team player.
- Strong Problem solving/analytical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.