The GM will organize, direct and manage KISCOL operations; prepare, monitor and ensure efficient utilisation of capital expenditure budget; Promote team work in a multicultural and diverse working environment.
Minimum Job Requirement:
1. Educational Background
Masters degree in Management, Finance.
15 Years of senior management, out of which four years as General Manager/ Chief Executive Officer in a Manufacturing set up.
Experience in industrial and agricultural sector in a multinational will be an added advantage.
3. Knowledge & Skill
• An excellent knowledge with the regional business environment / markets including experience with contracts and negotiations
• Strategy design and implementation
• Board level engagement
• Financial skills
• Leadership skills
• Communication skills
• Management skills
• Computer Literacy
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify the strategic issues, challenges and choices for the organization as a whole, and provide high level strategic, planning and policy advice to the Managing Director, Executive Management Team and Board on all matters affecting the current and future business operations.
• Maintain and enhance relationships with government agencies, regulators, major commercial clients and the community with the aim of enhancing the Company’s corporate image
• Develop, direct and control the strategic and operational planning frameworks and planning outcomes for the organization in the short, medium and long term; and assist the Board execute approved strategies.
• As a member of the Executive Management Team, be responsible for robust governance and strategic direction of the organization.
• Evaluating and advising the Executive Management of long term planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
• Lead the Executive team in formulating the annual budget and plans
• Ensuring proper utilization of allocated budget and fostering the best use of facilities in the interest of the organization.
• Providing recommendations to Board on the operational areas that need improvement
• Ensure proper use and maintenance of the plant in line with best operation practices.
• Leading the site operations team in execution of their business.
• Monitoring the organization’s goals and objectives by administering the policies and work-related procedures for their operational areas.
• Subject to the approval of the Board, employing, assigning and dismissing the officers of the enterprise and designing their functions.
• Employing, assigning and dismissing other employees of the enterprise in accordance with legal requiremets and internal polices.
• Assessing on regular basis performance of key personnel and report to EC.
• Ensure annual budget have been prepared on time and the organization operates within its financial budget.
• Maintaining and sustaining relationships with the Syndicate Lenders for effective operation of the business.
• Minimize cost and also advocate for new services, products or other functions at site to obtain executive support required to improve productivity and profitability.
• Lead the CFO in ensuring delivery of the financing strategy within the overall corporate strategy to deliver sustained growth and share holder value.
• Effectively managing the cost of production
• Providing leadership in the development of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
• Design, implement, and facilitate annual marketing plan for the company on all by-products of sugarcane during season and off-season.
• Support and facilitate development and implementation of marketing plans.
• Plan and administer the company’s marketing budget and keep cost in control.
• Customize materials according to specific market or customer requirements.
• Establishing & maintaining good relationship with both external & Internal customers
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications to send their applications to HRConsulting@aon.co.ke by 27th January 2017. Please indicate the job title as the subject.