Business Development Officer Job at Janta Kenya
Posted on: 30 January, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Janta Kenya
To prospect, acquire and retain Group Risks and Retirement Benefits Business in line with the set Company targets and standards.
Business Development Job Responsibilities
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with intermediaries and existing customers.
- Training and supporting Tied Life Agents (TLAs) in the region on group business.
- Training and supporting intermediaries in respect of retirement benefit schemes and group risks.
- Introducing new products and promoting them through regular visits and frequent communication with intermediaries, existing clients and prospects.
- Ensuring credibility with clients by maintaining detailed knowledge of current market conditions and competitors’ products.
- Delivering good customer service by responding swiftly to queries and concerns from clients.
- Attending service meetings of Group Risks customers.
- Attending meetings for trustees/AGMs and providing education on retirement plans to scheme members.
- Providing management with market feedback and intelligence.
- Monitoring and reporting on performance against agreed sales and retention targets.
- Preparing regular management reports.
Requirements for the Business Development Job
- An undergraduate degree in a business or social science related field.
- Have ACII or IIK qualification or demonstrate significant progress towards attainment of the same.
- At least 3 years’ experience in marketing of life and pensions solutions to corporates and organized groups.
- Appreciable understanding of the Kenya insurance market, the prevailing business environment and products by the competition.
- Good communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated but able to work as part of a team.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, self-driven and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Good negotiation skills and persuasiveness.
- Confidence presenting to large groups of people.
- Trustworthiness and discretion when handling confidential information.
- A smart appearance and professional manner.
Method of Application
If qualified kindly send your application letter and CV to email@example.com clearly indicating ‘Business development officer- Life’ by 4th February, 2017.Do not attach any certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Janta KenyaSimilar Jobs
- Business Development Executives at Growth Partners - 2 Positions
- Area Sales Rep at Kentrain
- Accountability Consultant at Palladium
- Job Opportunities at Alternate Doors
- Job Opportunities at HRBP Solutions - 3 Positions
- Lubricants Sales Representative at Sheer Logic Management Consultants (SLMC)
- Job Opportunities at NFT Consult
- Policy Analyst Job at NGO Recruit Africa