Duma Works is changing the way people think about hiring. By efficiently connecting employers and potential hires through our mobile platform, we make finding that perfect person a fun experience, allowing businesses to grow and job seekers to access new opportunities.
As Head of Finance, you will oversee all financial operations of the company to inform our long term strategy, set quarterly and annual goals, and develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information. As a key member of the leadership team, the Head of Finance will work directly with the CEO to build creative finance solutions, and prepare the company for growth.
Finance Job Responsibilities
- Provide guidance, direction and strategic thinking to the leadership team related to cash flow management, financial risk planning and other strategic initiatives
- Lead all financial initiatives, including but not limited to, budgeting, forecasting, financial statements, funding activities, taxes, option plans, and insurance
- Assess, recommend, and implement a cash management system
- Partner with leaders across the company to drive revenue and innovation, and identify opportunities for cost savings
- In conjunction with the CEO, help with the company’s fundraising strategy and execution
- Manage corporate policies and internal controls to ensure the company’s financial reporting and general business practices are compliant with GAAP and governmental regulations
- Provide support and guidance for pricing, structure, and other contract details with key partners
- Manage financial information systems and accounting tools including maintenance, evaluation, and implementation
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with third parties such as external auditors, financial service providers, and investors
- In collaboration with the leadership team, identify key metrics to monitor and track company performance
- Coordinate financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
- Support the CEO in communication with investors and the board
- Over time, hire and scale a finance and accounting team to support the company’s growth plans
Qualifications for the Finance Job
- 5+ years financial management and accounting experience
- Proven expertise leading and building a scalable finance function including budgeting, financial modeling, accounting systems, as well as leading and promoting high performance teams
- Experience with private fundraising
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with customers, partners, employees, investors, and management
- A strategic mindset but comfortable and excited to contribute to the tactical day-to-day operations as needed (ready to get your hands dirty!)
- CPA, CFA and/or Finance MBA preferred
- Startup experience
- Experience and interest in IoT, Energy, and Fintech
go to method of application »
Sales and Marketing Rep Job Key Responsibilities
- Business to business selling of Vegetables & Fruits.
- Lead generation and closing of sales
- Attending field appointments
- Building and managing relationships with clients
- Advising customers on delivery schedules and after sales service
- Meeting or exceeding set targets
Qualification for the Sales and Marketing Rep Job
- Minimum of 1-2 years field sales position
- Previous experience in the industry to corporates a plus
- Diploma or Degree
- Computer literate
Skills and Competencies
- Drive and commitment
- Honesty and integrity
- Confident and able to overcome challenges
- Professional appearance
- Good communication skills
- Strong English language skill
- Someone with clientele
- Very creative
- Self Motivated.
go to method of application »
The position will involve new lead generation, sales, account management, training staff of key accounts, and developing business strategy for wholesale clients.
This is an outside sales position and requires a tremendous amount of hustle, lead generation, independence, and self-motivation. We are looking for someone with hundreds of existing business contacts, a hunter.
Sales Representative Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Prospecting/Lead Generation: Responsible for finding new leads, setting meetings, introducing the company, and closing sales deals. We are looking for a real hunter, an aggressive sales person, who is chasing down leads and closing deals 24/7.
- Sales: Pitch, negotiate, and close outside sales deals.
- Account Management: Be the primary contact person on your accounts, regularly meet with clients to strengthen relationships, introduce new products and grow clients’ monthly sales.
- Client Training: Train your client’s staff on using the company’s products, the organization’s value position, and how to sell these products
- Consult Client on Business Strategy: Work with clients on their business strategy to ensure success on their sales. Consult your clients on their distribution methods, margins and pricing, staff training, incentive programs, and more.
- Measurement & Analysis: Consistently track sales performance, measure and analyze your monthly sales projections versus actuals sales, perform ROI analysis, use data to determine sales strategy.
- Professional Development: Attend training and meetings at the head office as requested. Develop a Sales
- Strategy and personal Business Plan.
Qualifications for the Sales Representative Job
- A Degree
- At least 3 years of experience in sales.
- An extensive list of business contacts within Kenya.
- Previous experience in outside sales, especially selling wholesale consumer durable goods.
- Previous experience with sales projections and meeting sales goals.
- High energy, positive, willing to close deals 24/7 at the office, in a coffee shop, or in a matatu.
go to method of application »
He/she will Develop, improve and implement manufacturing processes, including tools and jigs for fabrication, assembly, finishing, and infrastructural materials, among others.
Roles and responsibilities
- Work closely with and help to train QC inspectors, technicians and production personnel in enhancing the quality and manufacturability of our product.
- Creating and editing SOP’s and QC inspection documents.
- Root cause analysis and trouble-shooting production issues and further refining the production system. This often requires creativity and resourcefulness to keep the factory running while waiting for proper repairs or components.
- Evaluation, maintenance and repair of factory equipment including mechanical, hydraulic, and electronic systems.
- Take a leadership role in bringing up new production lines.
- Read and manipulate models and drawings in CAD.
- Problem finder and solver.
- Hands on.
- Action oriented.
- Mechanical aptitude, ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical issues with production equipment and tooling.
- Excellent communicator.
- Detail oriented and well organized.
- Works well in a team.
- Comfortable working with basic shop machines and tools: manual mill, lathe, welders, etc.
- Familiarity with basic metrology as it applies to our stove parts and tooling.
- Welding and fabrication skills are preferable.
- Experience in a medium volume, medium tech manufacturing setting, preferable.
- Electrical control system basics is preferable.
- Solidworks CAD skills: able to read drawings and complete design work
Method of Application
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2654”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2654 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
N.B. * You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793. If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer