Kempinski Hotels S.A. is Europe's oldest luxury hotel group. The group now has its head office in Geneva but was founded in Berlin in 1897 as the ‘Hotelbetriebs-Aktiengesellschaft‘.
JOB REF: FIN-005
Reporting to the Credit Manager, the Accounts Receivable is responsible for handling and monitoring all matters relating to customer credit and timely collection of outstanding debts as well as timely issuing of invoices.
Overall Objectives And Responsibilities
- Investigate customer’s credit worthiness through various available resources (e.g. banks, trace and credit associations, etc) and to recommend credit approval or disapproval to management.
- Set and review credit limits for both in-house and City Ledger Accounts.
- Review daily the in-house guest credit limits and ensuring that Front Office Management follows up if exceeded.
- Record payments to the City Ledger daily.
- Verify the accuracy of all A/R postings.
- Review Travel Agency invoices and deducting the commission before issuing.
- Review and understand groups and catering contracts and the corresponding billing arrangements.
- Investigate disputed charges and following up when necessary.
- Review uncollectable accounts and recommending write-offs.
- Reconcile the control accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and send statements for outstanding City Ledger accounts and pending deposit payments.
- Answer and follow-up on customer inquiries on a timely basis.
- Perform any additional duties assigned by Management and assisting in other areas of Accounting as needed.
- Communicate with supervisor on any discrepancies in payments or other potential problems.
Qualifications And Skills
- Degree/Diploma in Finance/ Accounting.
- 2-3 years in accounts receivable or general accounting experience
- Experience in accounting software is a plus
- Knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles and local regulations
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Experience in a similar role and proven track record may be considered in lieu of specialized education
- Ability to handle high volume with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Applies a professional, confidential, and ethical approach at all times
- Works in a safe, prudent, and organized manner
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
go to method of application »
JOB REF: F&B-014
Reporting to the Assistant Food & Beverage Manager/Director of Food & Beverage, the Bar Manager will be responsible for producing an outstanding guest experience within the outlet concept by managing a service team. He will provide a courteous, professional and efficient service in accordance with the outlet, hotel and Kempinski standards, driving sales and maximises profit.
Overall Objectives And Responsibilities
- Responsible for Assistant Bar Manager, Bartenders, Barmen / Barmaids, Host / Hostess.
- Understand thoroughly the concept of the bar and train all employees of the outlet in regards to the concept.
- Set an example in terms of service and products knowledge.
- Prepare the bar menu design in cooperation with the bartending team
- Organise tastings of new menus.
- Have an excellent understanding of beverages in general including ingredients and techniques to ensure the right beverage / cocktail / spirit can be recommended.
- Have an excellent understanding of both classic and modern cocktails, their recipes and history.
- Participate in supplier meetings to negotiate beneficial agreements for the hotel or respective areas to ensure the best possible prices.
- Hold monthly trainings to the Food & Beverage team to ensure product knowledge is fostered.
- Develop cocktail specials, signature drinks and foster creativity and innovation within the bartending team.
- Perform up selling for all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Be knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
- Produce reports and analysis of the outlet and present report in the monthly performance meeting.
- Lead the outlet efficiently in cost and expenses, constantly delivering the highest quality as well as driving high top line revenue and profit.
- Assist in preparation of the outlet’s budget.
- Conduct monthly inventory of operating supplies and equipment together with the stewarding department.
- Obtain an account for the correct settlement of all sales and be overall responsible for outlet floats when and as required.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Handle guest enquiries and complaints in the outlet in a courteous and efficient manner and report to Head of Department / Assistant Head of Department ensuring that the follow up is performed with the guest.
- Ensure that the opening and closing procedures established for the outlet are followed.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Qualifications And Skills
- Diploma/Higher Diploma in Food & Beverage Management or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Bar Management role.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Power point.
- Strong knowledge of beverages (cocktails, liquors, wine, etc…)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
Method of Application
If you meet the above requirements, please send your cover letter and CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the position and job reference number in the subject line of the e mail.
All applications must reach us by close of business on 13th February 2017. We look forward to receiving your application. Due to the volume of applications received, please note that only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Candidates may be contacted for interview before the close of the application deadline. Thank you for your interest in joining the team at Villa Rosa Kempinski, Nairobi.