If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Mentor Management Limited (MML) has been operating from its headquarters in Nairobi for over 30 years, building a reputation as the largest and most respected Project & Construction Management business in East Africa. MML has not stood still during this time, it continues to innovate, drive value and maximize returns for its clients, helping them turn vision into reality. In 1987, MML created the first project management business in East Africa. In 2011, sub-Saharan Africa’s most experienced private equity real estate investor, Actis, acquired a controlling interest in the firm. Actis, drawing on its CDC history, promotes best-in-class real estate projects across the African continent
Job description for Senior Project Manager
- Provide day-to-day leadership of the projects during the immediate pre-construction selection and appointment of professional consultant team through to construction phases, acting as a co-ordinator between internal and external partners.
- Contract appointment and administration.
- Establish a reporting format in co-ordination with the rest of the development and client team and prepare regular reports to senior management and client bodies to inform of project progress, risk management, report against programme and budget objectives, quality control etc.
- Assist in the defining of and managing the development budgets and the programmes.
- Work closely with the development manager to co-ordinate the planning and development process of each project.
- Manage the contracted consultant teams to optimise contract terms and ensure timely delivery of all objectives.
- In close co-ordination with the development team, manage relationships with the contractor, brokers, the legal team and tenants.
- Contribute in discussions about design related activities and be involved in the product development aspect of the development process.
- Play a co-ordinating role in the interface between the leasing team and the project team, overseeing the development of related manuals and monitoring the tenant co-ordination process.
- Introduce best-practice systems of project and construction management, leading the implementation of quality control and relationship management techniques, in close co-ordination with the Managing Director.
- Actively assist in the development of new business and new clients.
- Assist in the management and co-ordination of all project cost control and quantity surveying activities within the Company.
Key Project Deliverables
The Senior Project Manager must manage the consultant team and the contractor to ensure that the key deliverables relating to time, cost and quality are achieved for each project under his/her responsibility:
· Time - delivery on programme
· Cost - delivery within the approved budget
· Quality - delivery to the agreed design and the specified finish
Desired Skills and Experience
You will have:
- A construction related Under-graduate degree and ideally further studies (PMP, MBA, MSc etc) with 7 or more years experience.
- A Professional Certification in the construction field.
- A track record of successful Project Management experience to include Developing Countries, ideally within Africa. Educational Sector/Institutional sector and multi-site/country developments preferred.
- International Experience with strong leadership skills
- A Strong working knowledge of all aspects of construction project and commercial management including budgeting, contractual agreements, construction techniques, design process, scheduling and quality assurance procedures, building trades, construction materials, and building codes.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English
- Culturally sensitive with the ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies at a local, regional and international level including contractors, government officials and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to commit to the East African region for the next 5-10year.
go to method of application »
Job description for Business Development Administrator
- Develop a growth plan in line with MML’s strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients
- Promote the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
- Keep records of meetings and follow ups.
- Provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers
- Develop entry level staff into valuable salespeople
- Conduct Competitor analysis and report to senior management.
Preparation of proposals & conduct win and failure reviews after proposal process
Desired Skills and Experience
You will have:
- BSc/BA in business administration, sales or relevant field with 3-5 years’ experience, a professional certification in a marketing field would be an added advantage.
- Working or appreciation of the real estate environment would be desirable.
- Proven working experience in business development, sales executive or a relevant role.
- Proven sales track record.
- Experience in customer support is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office and MS Power Point.
- Proficiency in English.
- Construction Market knowledge is an added advantage.
- Excellent Communication and negotiation skills.
- Time management and planning skills.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send CVs to Emmy Cheruiyot at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only successful candidates will be contacted