If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Kenya Climate Innovation Center (KCIC)
provides holistic, country-driven support to accelerate the development, deployment and transfer of locally relevant climate and clean energy technologies. The KCIC provides incubation, capacity building services and financing to Kenyan entrepreneurs and new ventures that are developing innovative solutions in energy, water and agribusiness to address climate change challenges. The Kenya CIC is an initiative supported by the World Bank's infoDev and is the first in a global network of CICs being launched by infoDev's Climate Technology Program (CTP). The Kenya CIC is funded by the United Kingdom's UKaid and the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The Business Development Manager is expected to lead every aspect of the company’s business development in close collaboration with the CEO.
Roles for the Business Development Manager Job
- Develop a growth strategy focused on customer satisfaction and increased sales
- Identify new business leads for the different products offered by Hydroponics Africa by contacting potential customers, discovering and exploring opportunities
- Identify new ideas, by getting involved in related industry events and conferences, and becoming familiar with industry publications and announcements.
- Close on new business deals by coordinating requirements with other Hydroponics Africa departments and potential customers.
- Build relations with financial institutions with respect to providing financial assistance to potential Hydroponics Africa customers
- Management of Hydroponics Africa marketing and customer feedback tools e.g. social media, emails and telephone inquiries together with other Hydroponics Africa departments.
- Development of quarterly/ monthly newsletters highlighting achievements of Hydroponics Africa and future endeavors
Business Development Manager Job Qualifications
- At least 5 years’ leadership experience as a business development manager, sales executive or a relevant role
- Proven track record in delivering sales in diverse customer segments
- Experience in providing and developing customer support structures
- Deep knowledge of the market for technological solutions in agriculture or related sectors
- Proven communications and negotiation skills including ability to close deals
- Experience in working with financial institutions on consumer financing solutions
- Ability to build rapport with staff and manage effective teams
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Basic computer skills (minimum full Microsoft Office Suite)
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce with a bias in marketing and business strategy or a relevant field. A Masters degree would be an added advantage.
As soon as possible
go to method of application »
The Operations Manager is expected to take a lead role in setting the company on a strong foundation and work closely with the CEO in all aspects of company development.
Roles for the Operations Manager Job
- Manage the day-to-day operations of Hydroponics Africa under the direction of the CEO
- Oversee all operational processes relating to production, product installation, training, and maintenance
- Assessment of current operations and development of standard operating procedures in a new Operations Manual
- Implementation of Operations procedures throughout the organization
- Ensure service delivery of Hydroponics Africa systems is carried out in a cost effective and timely manner with respect to specifications and quality requirements.
- Promote continued improvement of operational systems, processes and best practices that guarantee organizational well-being, procurement of supplies, plan inventory and ensure storehouse efficiency
- Contribute towards achievement of company’s strategic and operational objectives
- Examine financial data and together with other departments (Business Development Manager and Head Accountant) use it to improve profitability
- Perform quality control and monitor production KPIs
- Recruit, train, supervise and appraise human resources in the department
Operations Manager Job Qualifications
- Proven work experience of at least 5 years as operations manager in similar organizations
- Extensive experience with organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Ability to build and manage teams and run efficient operations
- Self-motivated individual with an ability to work independently
- Budget development and oversight experience
- Working knowledge of budgets and forecasts
- IT skills (minimum full Microsoft Office Suite)
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Leadership and organizational skills
- Degree in Agriculture or related field. Masters degree is an added advantage.
As soon as possible
Method of Application
Please send your application letter and CV, together with an indication of your current salary and Expected salary to hr@Kenyacic.org on or before 9th July 2017.
Applications will be reviewed and interviews conducted on a rolling basis to identify appropriate candidates as soon as possible