If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Aga Khan University Hospital
s in Karachi, Pakistan and Nairobi, Kenya are private, not-for-profit institutions providing high quality health care. The Main Hospitals serve as the principal sites for clinical training for the University's Medical Colleges and Schools of Nursing and Midwifery in Pakistan and East Africa. Our Vision of Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is to be the premier, tertiary, teaching and referral health care facility in sub-Saharan Africa. For over fifty years, Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi (AKUH) has been taking care of families in East Africa. As a private, not-for-profit hospital, we strive to provide access to quality healthcare to all who need it. At AKUH, patients are our first priority. Our team of medical professionals, faculty and staff are here to provide you and your loved ones with the highest standards of healthcare. We are committed to working together to ensure that you and your family receive outstanding medical services, first-rate facilities and compassionate care. The Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi has set the standard for comprehensive healthcare and modern medical education in East Africa. Our dedicated staff, advanced facilities and state-of-the-art technologies have earned the hospital great reputation as a leading medical institution and teaching hospital in the region, and beyond. Patients benefit from our unique team-based approach to care, which enables you to benefit from the diverse expertise of our entire team of medical professionals. As the teaching hospital for Aga Khan University’s Medical College and School of Nursing and Midwifery, we practice an evidence-based approach to medicine, driven by the cutting-edge research conducted by our experienced faculty members. Our approach to care is guided by our core principles of Quality, Access, Impact and Relevance.
Position Summary: The Patient Referral Coordinator will provide corporate client support, serving as a liaison to specific corporate clients and also participating in formulation of business growth plans for the hospital.
- Communicate and Coordinate referral appointments from outside doctors
- Organize one-on-one visits with corporates in regards to outside referrals and processes
- Plan for one-on-one visits to doctors mainly outreach centres and other referring doctors
- Follow-ups through emails and telephone conversations
- Respond to questions, requests and concerns regarding the status of patient referrals, care coordination or follow-up status.
- Continuously work with the foundations of medical tourism ensuring we follow best practices, negotiate on accommodations and if necessary packages for long stay and family accommodations
- Coordinate care and ensure the referring doctors are updated on patient progress and discharge plan
- Keep the referring doctor’s and institutions database and continuously update on AKUHN new services/clinical staff
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent.
The successful candidate(s) should have a minimum of five (5) years of Hospital Care Management experience, strong interpersonal skills, ability to work well under pressure and good time management.
S/he should be an expert in report writing. Knowledge of French will be an added advantage
Method of Application
Applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, names of three referees, clearly indicating current & expected pay should be sent to,
the Manager, Recruitment,
Aga Khan University Hospital,
so as to reach not later than 14th July, 2017.
Please Quote the position title and reference number on the email subject.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted