Duma Works is changing the way people think about hiring. By efficiently connecting employers and potential hires through our mobile platform, we make finding that perfect person a fun experience, allowing businesses to grow and job seekers to access new opportunities.
You will as Communications Associate be responsible for communicating the leading African accelerator and it impactful activities to a broad range of stakeholders: Funders, investors, prospective applicants for our acceleration programmes, partners, potential clients, alumni and employees etc.
You will be tasked with the execution and follow-up on the organisation’s communications strategy as well as be a key contributor to the development of the strategy going forward.
Integral to the role is the operational and tactical development of a core base of communication resources covering among others: programme templates, profiles and presentations, press releases and interview guidelines. Developing the fundamental communication resources will be one of the first key tasks.
Communications Associate Job Responsibilities
- Drawing attention of investors, funders, partners and mentors to the clients ventures;
- Development of a core base of communications templates and resources, e.g. interview guidelines, profiles and presentations;
- Attracting high-potential and growth-oriented startups and ventures to our acceleration programmes and other services;
- Co-creation and implementation of communications towards the client’s complex web of clients and stakeholders;
- Developing and refining copywriting for on- and offline plus social communications channels;
- Positioning the client in relevant on- and off-line media especially outside Kenya by co-developing, documenting and maintaining public
- Bringing a data and research supported approach to our communications and positioning;
- Draft periodic reports for funding partners; communicate impact data and derived insights;
- Assisting in the development of funding and partnership proposals;
- Providing communications related advice and support to our ventures, e.g. investor briefs, pitch decks;
- Driving internal communications protocols and policies; train staff on the same.
Requirements for the Communications Associate Job
- 4+ years of work experience, with at least 3 years dedicated within communications;
- Undergraduate degree in communications-related studies (journalism, media, mass comm. etc.).and pursuing a graduate degree preferably in business-related studies (e.g. MBA);
- You can position a brand to stakeholders from diverse geographic and socio-economic backgrounds;
- You have been involved in the development of organisational strategies relating to communications;
- You have clear results in implementation of corporate communications;
- You have impeccable verbal and written English communications skills;
- You have a strong attention to detail; meticulous and hardworking;
- You are a people’s person who enjoys personal contact with a wide range of stakeholders;
- You are resourceful and simply roll up your sleeves to get stuff done. In our environment, we substitute a corporate budget with creativity, network and team work;
- You regularly demonstrate leadership by contributing beyond your area of responsibility;
- You are a team-player and you inspire colleagues to collaborate on communications;
- Previous experience in developing fundraising proposals and donor-communication, managing social and online media, content development on social media and blogs is an asset.
You have the cultural fit to work in the client if:
- You are passionate about seeing Africa’s growth through business and entrepreneurship;
- You are excited to walk hand-in-hand with entrepreneurs and businesses across Africa;
- You are concerned with social issues and innovative approaches;
- You thrive working in fast a growing environment and are flexible to adapt to changes;
- You are open to working when and where the work needs doing (this occasionally includes weekends).
go to method of application »
Personal Driver Job Responsibilities
- Acting as a personal driver and running errands.
- Ensure vehicles are kept clean and in good working order.
- Ensure safety of the equipment while in transit.
- Inform the Office Manager in due course on expiry of all permits, insurance and other statutory documentation required to keep the vehicles on the road.
- Ensure timely pickup and drop off of clients as allocated by the operations officer.
- Drive clients safely to their destination and ensure strict adherence to the driving rules as required by the law.
- Should inform and agree with the client on the amount to be paid before embarking on any trip and communicate the same to the operations officer on duty including any extra charges e.g. for extra luggage.
- Should inform and agree with client when changing routes apart from the recommended.
Qualifications for the Personal Driver Job
- Familiar with routes in Nairobi.
- Should have a certificate of good conduct.
- AA driving license preferred but not mandatory.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Fluent in English and polite.
- At least secondary Form 4 Education.
- Qualified driver in classes B,C,E.
- Basic numerical knowledge.
- Should be 30 years and above.
- Well organised.
- Good spoken English communication.
Method of Application
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to email@example.com marking the subject as “2967”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2967 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 11 August 2017
N.B. * You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.