East Africa's leading branded alcohol beverage business with an outstanding collection of brands that range from beer, spirits and adult non alcoholic drinks (ANADs). With breweries, distilleries, support industries and a distribution network across the region, the group's diversity is an important factor in delivering the highest quality brands to East African consumers and long-term value to East African investors. As a consumer driven business EABL takes time to study the market and understand consumer needs and wants as well as how best to satisfy them.
Our client, a leading Clearing and Forwarding company providing excellence in superior logistic services across East Africa is looking to hire a Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE) Manager to join their experienced team.
Responsible for managing the quality, health, safety and environment (QHSE) functions within the company and drive an elevated level of QHSE performance to deliver the company's mission and QHSE vision.
- Oversee the continued development of all elements of the QHSE IMS to ISO standards including policies, processes, procedures, work instructions and related documents.
- Oversee the implementation of all elements of the QHSE IMS.
- To gain and maintain certification to specified ISO and other standards as may be required.
- Ensure compliance with national and international standards, legislation and customer requirements.
- Promote a prominent level of QHSE performance and a positive QHSE culture.
- Proactively manage action tracker(s) and drive closure of actions.
- Monitor QHSE incidents and complaints, undertake investigations and oversee closure of actions.
- Recommend structures for effective interaction and management within the company and its subsidiaries.
- Monitor QHSE performance by conducting analytical reviews of data and producing statistical and interpretative reports for top management.
- Identify relevant QHSE training needs, develop training materials and deliver training.
- Routinely evaluate customer perception of the company's services and prepare summary report with intended action and follow up on closures.
- Lead and engage with stakeholders, including customers and key contractors, to ensure that the company provides the highest quality professional service and are fully aware of customer requirements.
- Provide QHSE advice and assistance to Group personnel and subsidiaries as may be required.
- To travel frequently within East Africa (or as may be required) for undertaking audits, inspections and training, stakeholder engagement, supervising work or as may be required.
- To work in full compliance with the company's IMS and other policies and requirements always.
- Any other job that may be given to the job holder from time to time.
- A university degree in a business-related field.
- QHSE qualifications and training preferably including NEBOSH or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar role.Considerable experience of developing and implementing QHSE management systems including auditing and training.
- Experience of working in an international company or with international clients, preferably in the logistics, oil and gas or mining sectors.
- Experience of ISO standards and gaining ISO certification.
Our client, Freight Forwarders Kenya Ltd. is a leading logistics company with presence in Kenya and across East Africa. They are seeking to recruit a Project Cost Analyst.
The primary role of the position is to support the business development team in costing projects and providing project cost analysis results to assist in decision making. The job holder is required to understand the cost/changes in the cost of all component parts of the services provided by the company and ensure that these are reflected in the rates generated.
- Support business development team with accurate and commercially viable project costing.
- Help business development managers determine the requirements of their clients.
- Advise on the design and related cost implications of clearing, storage and transport cargo.
- Take an active role and responsibility in understanding any changes in the cost to company of component parts of the services provided and ensure these are reflected in the rates generated.
- Market research to understand the prevailing market rates and to benchmark company rates against the market.
- Design and maintain rate sheets.
- Prepare tender and proposal documents.
- Any other job that may be given to the job holder from time to time.
- A bachelor’s degree in a business-related field.
- Experience of costing international shipping into/out of COMESA region.
- Experience of costing export projects from COMESA region
- Knowledge in logistics management within the East and Central African region.
- Excellent knowledge of cargo types and the related processes and costs for clearing these types of cargo
- Sound knowledge of port operations and customs clearance processes in COMESA region.
FSD Africa (FSDA) is a non-profit company which aims to increase prosperity, create jobs and reduce poverty by bringing about a transformation in financial markets in SSA and in the economies they serve. It provides know-how and capital to champions of change whose ideas, influence and actions will make finance more useful to African businesses and households.
Through access to finance initiatives, FSDA seeks to build financial inclusion. Through capital market development, it looks to promote economic growth and increase investment. As a regional programme, it seeks to encourage collaboration, knowledge transfer and market-building activities – especially in Fragile and Conflict Affected States (FCAS).
FSDA is funded with UK aid from the UK government through the Department for International Development (DFID).
Reporting to the Director, Financial Markets the successful candidate will be a key member of the team that will manage the implementation of capital market initiatives across sub-Saharan Africa. She/he will also contribute to the implementation of strategies for enhancing capital markets: bond markets, equity markets, alternative finance markets, capacity building, professional investor base development, market infrastructure and knowledge management, and may specifically oversee the building of services in one or more of these markets.
- Work closely with the Director, Financial Markets to support the development and delivery of the team’s strategy;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of agreed strategies to build capital markets;
- Conduct needs assessments and support the design of specific programme interventions with regulators, market participants and investment partners;
- Ensure the delivery of programmes is focused to meet DFID’s expected outcomes and FSDA’s broader impact goals;
- Research and analysis of, for example: macro-economic or regulatory environment, concept notes from prospective investees, specific industry sub-sectors to build domain expertise;
- Providing technical assistance to clients and partners;
- Manage relationships with regulators, investment partners and networks, leveraging new opportunities that may arise and dealing promptly with any difficulties;
- Develop effective relationships with colleagues in other FSDA work streams and seek out joint working opportunities;
- Build and maintain relationships with other FSDs across SSA ensuring a collaborative approach on all assignments;
- Develop and leverage personal networks to support the team’s (and FSDA’s) objectives;
- Support the development of a database of international and pan-African technical experts and service providers;
- Coordinate activities of project steering committees for each FSDA investment/project under their responsibility;
- Develop terms of reference and ensure effective and efficient procurement of external resources in line with FSDA procurement processes, and monitoring of grant/investment programmes in line with project plans;
- Institute impact oriented monitoring and evaluation mechanisms for projects to ensure that FSDA investments achieve the desired impact as regards both financial deepening and improved livelihoods of people on the African continent;
- Oversee the collection of data from regulators and investment partners and support the monitoring and evaluation of investments;
- Contribute to FSDA’s marketing and communications activities, building FSDA’s web presence, supporting thought leadership activities (publications, briefing notes, case studies, conference presentations), co-ordinating events, seminars etc. within the areas of responsibility.
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Development Studies, or other relevant fields
- At least 8 years working experience in capital markets in a relevant institution with a significant and proven record of achievement
- Knowledge of global regulation in the capital markets
- Ability to conceptualise and present ideas with conviction and influence at highest levels
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage a diverse portfolio of projects
- Knowledge/experience of working in Africa
IFFWA (Kenya Innovative Finance Facility for Water) is a Kenya-based co-developer of water initiatives. It provides funding, financial engineering and additional support to carefully selected initiatives to enable them to reach financial close. KIFFWA seeks to be revolving by recouping its investments in projects at financial close. This could be a one-off fee, equity stake or a loan, whatever fits the particular project structure and business case. KIFFWA has a broad water focus. All water sub-sectors are eligible for support.
They are seeking to recruit an Associate – Investments and Business Development.Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Associate – Investments and Business Development will be responsible for developing, take the lead in new business development for existing KIFFWA initiatives.
- Identify, assess and engage with (existing) pipeline of potential initiatives, and provide help to develop initiatives to Intake Document level (input for KIFFWA Investment Committee);
- Develop investment thesis, author investment memorandums, Financial modelling and analysis;
- Pipeline development- Lead new business development and marketing efforts, including maintaining detailed pipeline of prospects and potential deals i.e responding to questions and requests regarding KIFFWA; identify new initiatives that meet KIFFWA requirements; engage with developers to assess the seriousness of initiatives, etc;
- Conduct detailed Market research in water sector and other related sectors that compliments KIFFWA operations by establishing and maintaining industry business relationships and contacts that can be used to generate on-going deal flow;
- Capital Raising -Involved in internal and external meetings with members, donors, project developers among others. Support CEO in capital raising by reaching out to potential financiers in consultation with the CEO. Work with external capital providers to gain support for investment financing;
- Deal Management and Execution – The associate will directly be involved transaction execution from receipt of quick scan, intake documents, MoU, Due diligence, Joint Development agreement in line with KIFFWA internal processes. Post investment monitoring of management accounts;
- Liaise with external consultants - The Associate will be the key contact person between various external consultants, both technical and financial, with KIFFWA. The associate will be in charge of the due diligence processes and evaluation of KIFFWA projects to qualify potential investment opportunities with the input of the Investment Committee;
- Post-closing - Interact with the management of portfolio companies, monitor performance and report internally on regular basis;
- Providing support to CEO from time to time when called upon.
- Proven new business origination, negotiation and deal closing history as a principal and/or in an advisory role;
- Relevant capital raising and sponsor relationships experience within middle market space
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Finance and/or commerce and banking;
- MBA or MSC in Finance preferred;
- Finance / project development experience. Strong finance / project development background;
- Entrepreneurial, strong personality and able to make connections by building strong relationships
- Strong budgeting and control skills
- Able to manage multiple projects and people
- Office management skills
- Good Presentation and - Reporting skills.
The Water Sector Trust Fund (WSTF) is established under the Water Act 2016 as a water sector financing institution. The objective of the Fund is to provide conditional and unconditional grants to counties, in addition to the Equalization Fund and to assist in financing the development and management of water services in marginalized areas or any area which is considered by the Board of Trustees to be underserved. The Fund actively seeks funding from various sources including the Government of Kenya and development partners and is responsible for the design and effective implementation of the programmes and projects that enable it to achieve its mandate. For more information, visit www.waterfund.go.ke
One of the key programme areas at the Fund is Urban Investments, a program implemented through the Water Services Providers (WSPs) and is aimed at providing support towards water supply and sanitation projects for low income urban areas. We are seeking a self-driven, open-minded and passionate individual to fill the position of Manager, Urban Investments who will be responsible for the effective management of this program. He/she will oversee the effective and efficient design and implementation of projects for urban water and sanitation services of the Fund, ensuring accurate accountability, timely completion and value for money.
Reporting to the Chief Manager, Investments & Programs, and working with both internal and external teams directly or indirectly, the Manager, Urban Investments will have the following key responsibilities. A detailed job description can be downloaded from the WSTF website.
- Contribute to the development of the Investments & Programs departmental strategy, through the generation of new ideas, alternatives, strategies, policy papers and solutions for Urban Investments In liaison with the resource mobilization department, develop concepts and proposals in respect to Urban Investments as well as marketing documents as necessary
- Coordinate the internal communication and cooperation with other managers to ensure a smooth and planned operation of Urban Investments at WSTF High level representation of WSTF to investors, Ministries, Counties, etc as necessary and the management of relationships with various stakeholders in regard to project implementation
- Effective people management including the development of appropriate job descriptions, managing team performance, mentoring and coaching as well as discipline
- Determine trends and develop market understanding, that facilitates the generation of new ideas, alternatives, research and solutions, and prepare concept notes for the design of projects
- Effective projects implementation through the design of project selection criteria, interpretation of project proposals and agreements, operational planning, supervision of implementation, budgetary control, risk management and monitoring and evaluation of the projects
- Effective reporting and documentation throughout the project life cycle, and especially at project closure ensuring that lessons learned are captured and disseminated to the different stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Engineering, Water Resource, Social sciences or related field and a Master’s Degree in a relevant field
- Relevant professional qualifications and registration with the Engineers Registration Board or any relevant body
- At least 10 years’ work experience with 5 years in a managerial or supervisory position.
- Proven program management experience
- Demonstrable people management experience, preferably multiple teams. Experience in a matrix organization structure will be an advantage.
- Good understanding of the water sector and the challenges of water in the Urban and Peri-urban areas
- Strong verbal and written communication with solid experience in report writing
- Meet the conditions of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.