If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Telkom Kenya was established as a telecommunications operator under the Companies Act in April 1999. We provide integrated communications solutions in Kenya with the widest range of voice and data services as well as network facilities for residential and business customers.
Reporting to: Pre-sales and Commercial Manager
The job holder will be required to ensure that the financial business case activities for the Enterprise department meet the Enterprise objectives with minimal risks, through management of the entire bid process and commercial activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop business cases and any escalation packs within the Telkom policies and develop commercial solutions/terms and conditions with minimum risk in accordance with the overall financial strategy
- Develop the customer solution business case as well as internal technology optimization business cases to support new technology implementation and sales growth strategies.
- Determine pricing and financial information based on internal and external costing
- Oversee the design of customer solutions to address business needs and goals while leveraging Telkom’s products and services
- Attending pre-bid meetings as per customer’s invitation to qualify and scope the bid documents to determine client needs.
- Compiles the final bid document and submits to customer.
- Deliver professional presentations to customer together with the sales team.
- Facilitate the resolution of customer bid queries through relevant stakeholders
- Report accurate, relevant and timely information on solutions and bid progress tracking.
- Responsible for ensuring all technical proposal on EOI/RFP/RFI in support of the sales team
- Manage and drive innovations within the Enterprise product offering by tailor making solutions to drive high value sales
- Supports the bid process by providing financial proposal and tender security value to be incorporated in final bid document response
- Submits and receives bid request feedback from listed partners for services not offered by Telkom
- Manage internal cross functional and inter-departmental stakeholders’ communication on bid requirements
- Identify and build relationship with internal and external partners required to build end-to-end bids
- Maintain a due diligence database to ensure Telkom is competitive with financial proposals
- Complete the Investment Committee document to go for approvals as per documented Investment Committee Management Process.
- Manage internal approval requirement for all statutory documentation requested for in bid document
- Reporting progress of all bids from initial stage to submission and post submission stages
- Produce post bid reviews and handover documentation to Implementation tea
Academic/ Professional Qualifications:
- Relevant business related degree.
- 2-4 years’ Experience in Commercial Management, Sales Cycle and Procurement Laws.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Good in commercial management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Be a natural communicator with excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Strong planning, organization and time management skills
go to method of application »
To implement and drive the sales strategy and action plans for the sales and distribution of Telkom product and services for SME Enterprise customers within a specified region. Furthermore, must facilitate and enable the meeting of sales targets and revenue margins across the customer network within the region. Will also be responsible for consistently achieving sales targets and growth plans for the region, relationship management with key SME customers and leading the sales team through effective people management practices
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively manage the budget of the sales team within the region and ensure sales are done cost effectively
- Monitor and measure the profitability levels of customers within the region
- Develop and demonstrate a thorough understanding of the partner and customer’s business within the region
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers and facilitate the continuous growth of the customer base within the region
- Forecast and achieve sales for the relevant market segments within the region
- Address and resolve escalated issues from sales team and customers
- Ensure the effective management of the customer account and timeous problem solving
- Ensure the delivery of expected sales delivery and performance of the sales team within the region
- Conduct analysis of customer, partners and sales metrics, costs and categories to inform business decisions
- Compile action plans to grow specific product and service categories within the region
- Communicate changes in processes, product or service changes, promotions and any other developments of the company to the sales team within the region
Academic/ Professional Qualifications
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in sales & Marketing or Business Administration or IT with strong bias in sales. Master’s degree is desirable but not a requirement.
- 3 - 5 years in Sales & Marketing Management or Business administration and management
- Team Leadership & Management Skills
- Relationship Management
Method of Application
Application should be sent by latest 29th May 2018 , please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees to email@example.com. Apply and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.