If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Uber - We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About The Role
The Kenya Country Team is at the heart of our drive to make Uber both big and beloved by the people that matter in the cities we serve - both now and in the future. We are on the front line when it comes to shaping regulation, advocating for our vision for urban mobility, striking strategic partnerships and celebrating cities in ways only Uber can.
As the Country manager for Kenya you will play a critical role in developing and nurturing various channels in your cities for Uber that will grow our business, raise our profile and shift perceptions across fast growth cities. This role will be the interface between the business and our key stakeholders in our cities (i.e. supply networks, customers, corporates, etc.).
This is a particularly challenging and rewarding role: Kenya has some big opportunities and can be a challenging market at the best of times with established competition and complex market dynamics. You will need to deal with both businesses and business groups as well as helping with engaging local licensing and policy makers.
What You’ll Do
You will be responsible for the growth of our cities. This will include building a sustainable growth trajectory in the cities we serve. You will:
- Work cross functionally with regional teams to deliver the best possible experience for Uber riders and driver partners across our cities in Kenya.
- Build the country strategy, with focus on growth, expansion and fierce P&L management
- Guide regional ops and marketing investment decisions in Kenya to efficiently grow the business and meet ambitious targets.
- Work with regional ops and marketing teams with guidance as the local subject matter expert and as project manager to ensure execution on the ground
- Work with our policy team to maintain and grow strong working relationships with local and national government stakeholders and regulators
- Work with regional and HQ product teams to deliver product outcomes for our riders and driver partners
- Engage with local organisations and businesses to develop partnerships that benefit Uber driver partners and riders
What You’ll Need
- A minimum of 5 years in business management experience in operations, consulting, strategy, technology, business development or a similar area. (Rapidly changing environment, P&L ownership are a plus)
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgement - We use data to inform our decisions; you'll quickly identify what data you need to solve a problem and how to analyse it to get to the answer. You'll have experience dealing with complex data sets, deriving insights and checking against what you see in the real-world.
- Creative solutions driven mindset - You have a "get things done" attitude and willingness to get "in the trenches" to work with our stakeholders to make Uber a better experience for all.
- Effective project management - experience delivering on a multifaceted projects with many stakeholders
- Stellar relationship building skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen, from negotiation to execution
About The Role
We are looking for a Operations Manager focused on launch and scaling new low cost products across SSA.
This is a particularly challenging and rewarding role: SSA has some big opportunities and can be a challenging market at the best of times with established competition and complex market dynamics.
You will need to deal with a variety of stakeholders including Ops, Marketing, Policy Legal, Partnerships etc… to ensure we are able to build reliable marketplace.
What You’ll Do
- Analytics . Utilize driver data to understand driver behavior and areas for improvement in our driver communication, sign-up and incentive programs
- Develop & Optimize Processes . Take big picture ideas and break them into actionable steps with progressive timelines for completion
- Partner Relations . Oversee driver relationships, identify and resolve problem areas for drivers, and negotiate with businesses for partner rewards
- Driver Support. Lead the day-to-day issues of thousands of drivers on our system
- Be Resourceful and Take Initiative . Take ownership of Uber's growth in your city and do everything you can to support and enhance the quality of our services
- Collaborate . You will have the backing of subject-matter experts who you will collaborate on a daily basis to make magic happen on the ground
- Product Improvement . Diligently search for bugs or new features which could improve a seamless driver and rider experience
What You’ll Need
- Startup/all-hands-on-deck approach.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in finance / business analytics / applied economics or related experience;
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking and experimentation
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize in a constantly-changing work environment
- Stellar Excel and SQL knowledge and a passion for data needed
- Openness to constant traveling across SSA
Bonus points if
Python, R or any other scripting language
About The Role
The Account Executive role is a great opportunity to leverage sales skills and abilities in order to expand the number of restaurants that work with Uber Eats. We are looking for someone who is a natural at selling and knows where the best eats are in Kenya, passionate about food and enjoys negotiating to build the best partnership. Your primary focus will be bringing on new restaurants that fit our partnership criteria and leverage your skills in pitching, negotiating and driving internal processes to set up our partnerships for success.
What You’ll Do
- Leverage prospecting skills and relationships to build partnerships with brands and restaurants interested in Uber Eats in Kenya.
- Manage contract negotiations aimed at establishing the foundation of a strong working relationship with our restaurant partners, including sustainable economics for both parties.
- Clearly communicate the value of Uber Eats and its newest products and projects.
- Help craft and redesign processes to ensure Uber Eats can move quickly and succeed at large scale.
- Work closely with product teams to innovate on our ability to grow our business & form best in world customer relationships
What You Need
- Minimum 2+ years of inside and / or field sales experience in high growth company
- Experience in sourcing, negotiating and driving contracts to closure
- Team management experience a plus but not necessary
About The Team
Uber Eats makes eating well effortless at any time, for anyone
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.