Cereal Growers Association (CGA) is a national non-profit member-based farmer organization incorporated in August 1996, to bring cereal farmers together in addressing industry challenges in Kenya. CGA works with industry stakeholders such as agricultural input suppliers, financial institutions, insurance companies, output buyers, development partners, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), relevant Government of Kenya (GoK) agencies and others to provide services to its members. CGA aspires to be a leading agribusiness solutions provider through evidence-based advocacy, facilitating business linkages and strategic partnerships.
Terms of Employment: Contract
Location: Nairobi with approximately 15 % travel out of Nairobi.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Ensure staff files are up to date with all necessary documents in readiness for payroll preparation including filing of submitted timesheet and management of leave days;
- Provide administrative support for the whole HR function across recruitment, induction, remuneration, performance management, employment relations, HR policy and procedures, learning and development, health and safety and exiting;
- Ensure an efficient physical and digital filing system for all organization activities, partnerships and regulatory compliance;
- Ensure the general work environment is conducive and that all amenities are in good working condition;
- Take lead in identification, prequalification and negotiation with vendors and service providers;
- Supervise contracted vendors, service providers and casuals/interns;
- Prepare HR documents, like employment contracts and new hire guidelines.
- Manage both incoming and outgoing correspondence including telephone calls;
- Assist in the implementation of the staff welfare programs;
- Any other general administrative tasks as may be directed from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or Diploma in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or Information Management Systems;
- At least three (3) years relevant working experience;
- Good IT skills particularly a mastery of Microsoft packages.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality;
- Self-driven and ability to meet strict reporting deadlines.
go to method of application »
Duties & Responsibilities:
The County Value Chain Coordinator will perform the following responsibilities:
- To profile farmer groups and create a farmer database at the county
- To facilitate networking opportunities for key actors in the selected counties including county government, input suppliers and output market players.
- To facilitate the training of small-scale farmers at the group level on post-harvest management, organizational development, good agronomic practices, financial literacy and marketing.
- To lead in the planning and execution of CGA’s strategy at the county level.
- To coordinate communication between county stakeholders and the CGA head office. vi. To prepare and submit regular progress reports.
Relevant experience and skills:
- Degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, Project Management or a related field.
- Three (3) years’ commercial or farmer training / extension experience in the cereal value chain development.
- Experience in designing and/or implementing value chain development interventions in the cereal sector.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and proven ability to lead multi stakeholder forums.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Work Station: This position is based either in Meru or Laikipia County.
Duration: Two (2) years with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon satisfactory performance and continued funding.
Method of Application
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email contacts) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to email@example.com before or on 25th March, 2019.
The position title should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
Cereal Growers Association (www.cga.co.ke) is an equal opportunity employer.