BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team. With a strong commitment to encouraging future and current team members to “Unlock the Best You!” the BIC People Promise reinforces the principle that people are at the heart of its business success. BIC is committed to its team members and to the promise of helping them unlock their full potential.
We believe that the way we reach our customers is as important as the product we choose to sell, and following this mission, the required position will be responsible for the Order Management process in East Africa, from order collection to order delivery and returns, to ensure optimal service level and customer satisfaction. Working in close collaboration with the East Africa Supply Chain Manager, Sales department, Customers and various different stakeholders, the East Africa Customer Service Manager will be responsible for driving outstanding customer satisfaction at optimal costs, being the main link between the customer and the company, in order to respond to the business needs. The position will also be responsible for the engagement, development and growth of its direct reports.
Being East Africa a new subsidiary, there will be an initial phase of development and implementation that will later leave room for the daily operation:
Development & Implementation:
- Design, develop and implement all Order Management processes from order collection to order delivery and return, aiming to provide the best possible service level towards our customers.
- Develop procedures, establish standards, and administrate activities to assure accurate order entry, efficient shipment tracking, and timely delivery of products to customers.
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures both for internal processes and with our customers.
- Lead the IT implementation for Customer Service modules, including ERP and CRM systems. Participate in all necessary tests to make sure systems run according core model processes.
- Define and implement tools and reports in order to measure the Customer Service activity and its performance.
- Develop, implement, set and meet targets for key performance indicators.
- Define Customer Service team needs, roles and responsibilities. Participate in team’s recruitment if necessary.
- Develop a customer service operation that provides a high-quality support to the business and ensures growth and development of employees.
- Plan and manage activities of the customer service and team to meet the needs of customers and support area operations.
- Act as main link between the company and the customers. Ensure an effective communication and mutual understanding. Focus on understanding our customer’s needs.
- Update and maintain all customer accounts in the systems.
- Collect and follow up customer orders through CRM and ERP systems. Ensure a close follow up of daily order entering and guarantee strict order management accuracy.
- Follow up on specific payment terms; align all necessary documentation to the specific payment method.
- Issuing of local and export documentation including Invoice, Packing List, Proof of Delivery, Certificates and verification when necessary.
- Order tracking and follow up until delivery.
- Work closely with Finance, Marketing and Sales, Logistics and Transportation departments to reduce order cycle times and improve fill rates while controlling the cost of serving customers.
- Work closely with the Demand & Supply planner. Assist in forecasting sessions and communicate customers ordering pattern as input to the forecasting efforts.
- Participate in S&OP monthly meetings. Set supply priorities based on Customer hierarchy and classification.
- Work closely with Finance to ensure timely booking of invoices & accruals. Most importantly to maintain a clear audit records related to department activities.
- Work closely with Sales & Marketing on business priorities specially events, activities and urgent ad hoc orders.
- Be an active participant in product range definition, rationalization efforts and inventory depletion actions.
- Prepare and coordinate orders outlook as input to planning forecast, warehousing operation forecast and transport forecast.
- Liaise with company management to support and implement growth strategies.
- Regular follow up and update on OIS number and comparison to business targets.
- Maintain a weekly shipment outlook and lead weekly/ monthly meetings with all stakeholders to review order status, priorities and challenges.
- Compile and give feedback on indicators with regard to business performance and services provided to customers
- CRM system administrator and facilitator.
- Drive operational excellence.
- Maintain regular meetings with key customers and sales team to review service levels and requirements and following through on action plans to further improve service.
- Manage customer escalation issues effectively and timely. Ensue an effective response to customer requests, problems, and special needs.
- Track customer claims and ensure a daily follow-up of outstanding items. Investigate claims and set action plans to prevent re-occurrence.
- Oversee cross functional work relations that are targeted to resolve issues raised by Customers.
- Focus constantly on service level performance improvement.
- Manage resources by setting clear expectations, creating accountability, and enhancing collaboration to meet or exceed service level and quality expectations
- Act as a resource and role model for all members of the Customer Service organization.
- Propose and organize trainings for itself and for its team.
Key Performance Indicators
- 19M EUR in OIS
- 225M units
- Kenya Domestic Market and 5 distributors export markets
- 2-4 Direct reports (on going project)
- X domestic accounts (on going project)
- Number of Customer Claims Solved on time.
- Customer Retention Rate
- Customer Service Level
- Back order evolution
- R- University degree completed in relevant field.
- R – Minimum experience of 3 years’ experience with Customer Service organization.
- R- Business oriented mindset.
- R – Strong organization and time management skills. Efficient and can prioritize workload.
- R – Process oriented, solution driven and a continuous improvement mindset. Be able to perform in a Lean organization.
- R – People management skills.
- D – Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- D – Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- R – Overall Order Management process knowledge, including technical knowledge such
- R – Specific payment terms knowledge such as L/C or documentary remittances.
- R – Knowledge of ERP system (e.g. JDE) and CRM system (e.g XTEL). Advanced excel.
- R – International Trade knowledge: documentation, processes, negotiations, regulations.
- R – Understands Financial statements and the impact of all Customer Service functions in it.
- D – Develops and improves Customer Service processes. Makes sure that all processes are align to the SC Strategy.
- D – Shows knowledge on Project Management: understands the methodology for planning, organizing and managing resources to achieve a project goal.
- D – Deploy action plans throughout the organization, aimed to improve the Customer Service performance and achieve the proposed objectives.
- D – Manages risks; counts with alternative plans for the strategic activities of the department.
- D – Is creative; challenge the status quo.
- D – Technical savvy
Leadership Criteria and other soft skills:
- R – Embodies all the BIC Values & Behaviors: Simplicity, Ethics, Responsibility, Teamwork, and Ingenuity.
- R – Strong managerial skills. Ability to manage direct lines, as well as influence none-hierarchical teams such as sales and marketing, which have a strong impact on the department’s and company’s goals achievement.
- R – Ability to influence none-company parties such as Customers or Partners, in order to find solutions that best fits all parties involved.
- R – Team work and team spirit.
- R – Effective communication skills and agility: business, technical and operational languages.
- R- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, across disciplines and throughout different levels of the organization.
- R – Solution driven with the willingness and ability to implement innovative ideas and improve working methodologies. Able to breakdown complex issues into simple components and build/implement required action plans.
- D – Strong Drive for results / entrepreneurial Spirit / decision making: committing and delivering, acting with autonomy as it was their own company while fully respecting corporate rules and procedures, and applying the appropriate level of reporting to Management.
- D – Hands-on in line with BIC culture, can handle various tasks with humility and business drive
- D – Strong team player and can empower the team to grow and be responsible for their own work.
- The candidate will meet current employment equity guidelines.
- The candidate will be a good communicator and have excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills in dealing with the various departments namely Sales and Marketing / Production / Finance / Import and Export / Warehouse and distribution staff.
Picking Supervisor is responsible for managing a team of warehouse picking personnel to ensure the provision of a professional dispatch service to customers, maintain stock system accuracy, encompassing safety, speed and accuracy
- checking of unreleased picking slip report and the computer system on a daily basis, making sure that there are no outstanding orders or backlog orders.
- Updating of picking slips – re-issuing and de-issuing of stocks on picking slips that takes priority over others.
- Allocation and control of picking slips to the various Pickers.
- Supply of performance statistics of the pickers to the Warehouse & Distribution Manager on a daily basis.
- Producing a weekly picking slip report on Excel spreadsheet and copying the relevant persons.
- Attending to all stock adjustments requested by other departments.
- Control of the back stock and forward order report. Transfer of stocks from warehouse to Warehouse to clear back orders.
- Filling relevant documents.
- Producing a monthly Warehouse 10 performance report on Excel spreadsheet.
- Assist with the monthly stock counts and variances.
- Any task of a temporary nature.
- Re-stock inventory manually or with warehouse equipment.
- Keep records of completed orders.
- Adhere to health & safety policies and quality standards.
- Ensure the accuracy of each order.
- Ensure a clean working area at all times.
- Perform quality checks to identify and replace damaged materials.
Required work experience
- Proven experience as a picking supervisor or other warehouse position
- Experience in RF devices.
- Able to read and write in English.
- Great attention to detail.
- Diligent and punctual.
- Matric (Grade 12)
- Computer Literate.
- NQF 5
- Qualification in Warehouse Management/ Warehouse Supervisory Diploma.
Apply Today! There’s never been a better time to join BIC. We’re a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.