Janta Kenya is a HR Consultancy firm established with an objective of encompassing integral and necessary skills that most individuals and organizations need in everyday business. We have a team of professional HR consultants with extensive experience in all people management issues, and we are therefore well placed to offer advice for private, public and not-for-profit organisations.
- Take complete responsibility for the management of the inventory and warehousing operations in the warehouse, in line with policies and procedures; including the receipt, storage, accounting, dispatching and reporting of all commodities received and stored in the warehouse;
- Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning, even cold chain requirements, and that all relevant records are properly maintained.
- Ensuring regular stock reports, daily stock position, monthly commodity and logistic movements reports through the usage of platform and technology;
- Oversee all the loading and offloading activities at gate, counting of bags and stock while loading and offloading, prepare arrangement plans for stock based on warehouse segmentation
- Ensure prompt dispatch of products to the clients, production of delivery notes prior to client loading/delivery and filling of all related documentation;
- Train and supervise the junior warehouse staff, storekeepers and tally clerks;
- Assess availability of space and prepare stacking/storage plans prior to commodities arrivals;
- Ensure that all the receipts, delivery notes and invoices are properly documented, including any damages and shortages.
- Take periodic random checks during loading/offloading operations to ensure that commodities by the trucks confirm to quantity record on the truck waybill;
- Monitor the quantity and quality of commodities stored. Carry out regular commodity physical random check/inventory of the warehouse;
- Ensure security of warehouse, commodities and staff;
- Ensure all necessary licensing requirements are up to date, all health and safety regulation are adhered to;
- Ensure the adequate provision of all warehouse equipment such as pallets and tools and the provision of reconstruction materials such as sacks and strings; ensure warehouse cleanliness;
- When necessary, arrange fumigation of infested stocks and inspection certification of damaged cargo; prepare all procedures and necessary steps for commodity disposal;
- Prepare loading and offloading plans and ensure that standard waybills are duly filled for outgoing stock;
- Assess the strengths and the weaknesses of the warehouse operation and propose corrective actions and technical advice to the management on storage needs and options;
- Identify alternative warehouse facilities when needed;
- Organize and facilitate training on staff, business partners, counterparts in warehouse management practice.
- If necessary, implement and organize new warehouse facilities which may include installation and assembly of temporary warehouse structures.
- Be prepared to meeting urgent timelines to deliver to client locations collaborating with third party transporter.
- Assist in training of warehouse staff in warehouse/Inventory management best practices.
- Guide warehouse staff, build capacity of staff and ensures strong teamwork.
- Liaise with other staff to implement new initiatives, align with business practices and insure continuous improvement.
- Support in establishing close collaboration with government and partners on warehouse management issues, support in assessing partners and counterparts’ capacities;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to work strategically to realize organizational goals, develop strategies, set clear visions.
- Ability to persuade and influence, negotiate to obtain agreement, promote ideas.
- Ability to network and establish good relations with stakeholders
- Fast learner, adapts and respond to change, tolerate ambiguity
- Proficiency with the use of SAP.
- IT proficiency
- Knowledge of the latest developments and technology in warehousing management,
- Strong understanding of supply chain and warehousing processes, from needs assessment, through planning, category management, procurement, logistics and delivery, monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong overall knowledge and understanding of public procurement principles, financial and legal aspects of supply chain issues, ethics and risk management of warehousing operations.
- Degree in Procurement and Supplies or Related Course.
- Certification in Warehousing or equivalent certification is an asset or CPA-K Finalist.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience at the manufacturing industry warehouse/Inventory Management.
- Ability to lead large teams
- Ability to work in high-pressure context
go to method of application »
The job holder will oversee logistics, fast track order processing, stock movement and documentation, Distribution Center management and be the link between logistics and other related departments in the organization. The job holder will also be expected to learn on the go and to deliver agile and flexible ‘end to end’ logistics and distribution solutions.
- Provide high level fleet management advice including optimal scheduling, documented analytic reports on vehicle usage, tracking information, fuel consumption reports and master calendar for all vehicles.
- Take part in ensuring that company vehicles properly managed, serviced, optimally utilized and allocation schedules effectively done.
Process Improvement & Compliance
- Champion logistics solutions and continuously improve existing warehouse operations processes, collate and adopt best practices to ensure optimal efficiency in the unit.
- Provide and analyze the operating costs and reporting to management and other key stakeholders with required frequency.
- Design dashboards to easily identify bottleneck areas of the operational processes, analyze risk areas and recommend mitigating solutions to the relevant state holders.
- Liaise with other relevant departments to ensure an integrated internal controls framework, transparent, technically proficient processes in order to attain operational excellence.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
Staff Management & Supervision
- Ensure development, update and adherence to procurement & logistics policies and procedures by all staff and efficient delegation of roles and optimal staffing in distribution center at all times.
- Responsible for conducting performance appraisal for the distribution & logistics staff and generally motivate staff to improve performance.
- Promote learning and development among distribution & logistics staff through on-job training’s and coaching by promoting appropriate work ethic, knowledge development, and integrity among others
- Expediting picking and dispatch processes so that the outlets are replenished on time to avoid stock outs and oversee stock deliveries to all branches through the respective warehouse staff.
- Monitor and coordinate deliveries of items between suppliers to ensure timely delivery of all items to site/store on time and put measures in place to ensure all the incoming and outgoing goods are inspected thoroughly to ascertain the right quantities and quality.
- Creating, implementing and maintaining a systematic and updated DC layout plan that streamlines the storage and retrieval of the goods and ensure cleanliness is maintained at all time.
- Ensure optimal stocking in the DC by performing accurate demand planning and expediting delivery of orders issued to suppliers.
- Oversee distribution operations to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness through the centralized model.
- Coordinate reverse logistical functions for products, internal allocation, delivery, re-use, or final disposal in adherence to disposal procedures.
Method of Application
If qualified kindly send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title on the subject line, by 31st August