VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
Salary: Competitive- local benchmark
Contract type: Permanent
Full Time: 35 hours per week
Application Closing Date: 13 Oct 2019
Interview date: W/C 21 October 2019
Start date: January 2020
Job Purpose: Responsible and accountable for sourcing of diverse global talent pools of adequate quality and size to meet current and emerging plans. The post holder will also be responsible for designing an inclusive and varied people plan to enable the successful delivery of an impactful and responsible programme.
- Develop sustainable sourcing plans and strategies to deliver a fit for purpose talent pool to meet the people demand for Resilient Livelihoods
- Utilise both innovative and traditional sourcing techniques in order to build a talent pool of active prospects who engage with VSO through a variety of channels
- Accountable for designing plans to meet project objectives that includes how partnerships, events and networking, social and professional networks, digital mediums, direct sourcing and the retention and mobility of talented people have been considered and will be mobilised
- Identify the critical and hard to fill roles required globally and locally and work with colleagues to prioritise recruitment. Head hunt for candidates as required.
- Carry out sourcing labour market analysis, collaborate with others to design people teams and roles to deliver impactful and sustainable volunteering for development programmes; ensure full cost recovery within plans
- Work in partnership with hiring managers across global VSO to understand, influence and help fulfil employee and volunteer recruitment needs at all levels and ensure recruitment of the right people, with the right skills at the right time
- Responsible for effective collation, analysis and presentation of management information on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Design and deliver training to those involved in the sourcing process as required
- Build and maintain strong working relationship with all key stakeholders
- Global lead on sourcing across VSO, credible reference point in advising and influencing on professional specialism
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- 5+ years recruitment experience, including an understanding of global mobility and talent management in an international context
- Excellent understanding and experience of using multi-channel attraction methods.
- Demonstrable experience of direct sourcing strategies and end to end recruitment processes
- Experience with HRIS, sourcing and recruitment marketing tools
- Proven experience of designing recruitment activities and the candidate experience to positively impact employer brand.
- Experience in developing new partnerships with a proactive and creative approach in seeking out and pursuing opportunities.
- A strong team player with a positive attitude, sensitivity to the needs of others and cultural awareness
- Adept at navigating a changing environment and the ability to find innovative ways of solving or pre-empting recruitment problems
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communications skills in English
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
Must be eligible to work on local contract in one of VSO office locations.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
- Matching requisitions to LPOs and invoices and ensuring they are approved by relevant staff subject to approval limits.
- Timely and prompt processing and review of payments to suppliers, volunteers ICFA & HCFAs, temp staff payroll preparation and staff advances processing.
- Ensure statutory and regulatory compliance; (NHIF, NSSF, Sacco loans, PAYE, W/tax, HELB, NITA) and accurate remittances are paid on time and annual filing of returns.
- In charge of preparation and coding of bank payment vouchers, payment processing and posting after review.
- Manage all correspondence with banks and creditors to ensure sufficient liquidity at all times.
- Providing monthly cash/bank forecasts to the Head of Finance & Operations/CD for approval and onward forwarding to treasury.
- Ensure that all finance and accounts IT processes such as data entry and backups are carried out on weekly basis.
- Responsible for carrying out Month end process filing and save reviewed monthly reports to T drive and share points effectively and on time.
- Support the audit process including preparation of audit schedules for audit purposes for review by HoFO and support documentation extraction.
- Invoicing of Donors, partners, Incomes accruals, hosted partners etc. invoicing, receipting and acknowledge incomes appropriately.
- Carrying out Accounts codes reviews, allocations and reconciliation of all balance sheet items.
- Sharing monthly, periodic staff, suppliers and partner's advances statements.
- Carry out Supplier statement reconciliations including medical insurance claims and reconciliations.
- Raising reversal journals, preparation of recodes, their support and approvals.
- Keep safe custody of cash, cheque books and financial records.
- New staff/volunteer (joiners) orientation on finance policies, other VSO policies, and manuals and ensure finance clearance of leavers.
- In charge of data/ file archiving and updates - soft and hard files and maintain soft & hard files for all transactions.
- Exercise appropriate controls over and authorisation of all liquidations to ensure accuracy and completeness of documentation. Reviewing of accountabilities submitted by volunteers and staff.
- Ensuring regular financial monitoring in the field are undertaken and any findings and recommendations are implemented in good time.
- Work with other colleagues to provide support to finance team in country in financial accounting and management.
- Maintain good relations with external donors by providing narrative and financial reports on a timely basis and in line with donor criteria when necessary.
- Upon assignment by HoFO, support projects proposal writing, PTC development and Donor budget mapping.
- Preparation of audit schedules, annual and quarterly financial reports/statement. Act as a focal point for coordination of organizational audits. Work with the HoFO and FA in ensuring that all activities, preparations and follow-up with respect to audits are done on time.
- Full-fill other appropriate level responsibilities as defined by the Head of Finance
Desired Skills and Experience
Technical Accounting Expertise-Degree in Business Accounting, Finance or related degree and at least CPA 2 Certification
- Good technical accounting skills.
- At least 3 years' experience of financial accounting, bookkeeping practice and principle, knowledge of internal controls, general ledger, cash management and reconciliations, payroll processing and taxation.
- Experience of financial budgeting/reporting, measurement and analysis.
- Experience of rules and regulations for non-profit organisations.
- Knowledge of donor financial reporting and donor procurement procedures.
- Experience of working in multiple foreign currencies and understanding of foreign exchange hedging.
- Experience of field work and supporting partners and staff at the front line of operations.
- Risk Management - Experience of identifying and analysing financial risks
- Decision Making and planning - professional judgement and discernment.
- Capacity for inquiry, research, logical and analytical thinking, powers of reasoning and critical analysis.
- Experience of decision modelling.
- Planning and Organisation -
- Able to prioritise within restricted resources to tight deadlines.
- Able to anticipate and adapt to change.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated to set initiatives and self-learn.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Financial and Information Technology Systems - Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel particularly. Use of accounting software, SUN Accounts system preferred.
- Communication and Influencing Skills-
- Good written and verbal communication skills - able to listen, present, discuss, report, put views forward, negotiate with confidence.
- Sensitivity to cultural and language differences, able to interact with people at all levels of the organisation.
- Able to work with others in a consultative way, ability to withstand and resolve conflict, negotiating professional solutions.
- Commitment to VSO's work and values
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.