Note: Never pay any money to any recruiter for any purpose (certificates, medical testing, interview, work kit or any other thing).
GitLab is a complete DevOps platform, delivered as a single application, fundamentally changing the way Development, Security, and Ops teams collaborate and build software. From idea to production, GitLab helps teams improve cycle time from weeks to minutes, reduce development costs and time to market while increasing developer productivity.
Read more about this company
At GitLab, developers are independent and self-organized individual contributors who work together as a tight team in a remote and agile way.
Most backend developers work on all aspects of GitLab, building features, fixing bugs, and generally improving the application. The Manage team works on the backend part of GitLab for the Manage product category. Among other things, this means working on GitLab's functionality around user, group and project administration, authentication, access control, and subscriptions.
Telemetry manages a variety of technologies that are important for GitLab's understanding of how our users use our products. These technologies include but are not limited to; Snowplow Analytics, Pendo.io, and an in-house tool called Usage Ping which is hosted on version.gitlab.com and also includes a separate service called Version Check .
- Develop features from proposal to polished end result.
- Support and collaborate with our support engineers in getting to the bottom of user-reported issues and come up with robust solutions.
- Engage with the core team and the open source community to collaborate on improving GitLab.
- Manage and review code contributed by the rest of the community and work with them to get it ready for production.
- Create and maintain documentation around features and configuration to save our users time.
- Take initiative in improving the software in small or large ways to address pain points in your own experience as a developer.
- Keep code easy to maintain and keep it easy for others to contribute code to GitLab.
- Qualify developers for hiring.
- You have worked on a production-level Ruby application, preferably using Rails (this is a strict requirement ).
- Experience in data and analytics.
- Google analytics
- Experience with other technologies a plus.
- You can reason about software, algorithms, and performance from a high level.
- You are passionate about open source.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and have strong organizational skills.
- You share our values , and work in accordance with those values.
The compensation calculator for this job can be found here .
go to method of application »
This job is remote - Yet must be willing and able to work closely with the US - Pacific Timezone to help support business needs.
The Contract Manager is responsible for managing the contracting process for sales and non-sales engagements . At the direction of the Director of Contracts and Legal Operations, the Contract Manager will review, negotiate, and manage all contracts, as well as oversee the overall contracting process. This is a remote role.
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of contracts including services, consulting, marketing, licensing, non-disclosure, data privacy, and other commercial and technology related agreements
- Work closely with members of the Legal team to develop and improve applicable standardized forms, processes, and procedures
- Perform risk analysis review for all contractual documents and recommend mitigating options
- Understand the Company and products in order to identify risks, develop solutions, mitigation and negotiation strategies
- Input completed contracts into the contract management system and capture key terms
Requirements for candidate
- Must be willing and able to work closely and collaboratively with the US Pacific Timezone team to support business needs
- Minimum of 5 years of contracts drafting, reviewing and negotiation experience at a software technology company
- BA/BS required. JD, paralegal certificate, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Expertise in drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial, licensing and other technology-related agreements.
- Understanding of data privacy requirements.
- Proactive, dynamic and result driven individual with strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, the ability to interface effectively with all business functions throughout the organization.
- Enthusiasm and "self-starter" qualities enabling him or her to manage responsibilities with an appropriate sense of urgency; the ability to function effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced & dynamic environment.
- Superior analytical ability, project management experience, and communication skills
- Ability to manage internal customer priorities and needs.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 min screening call with our Global Recruiter.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our Senior Director of Legal Affairs.
- Candidates might at this point be invited to schedule with an additional team members.
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email.
- Previous experience in a Global Start-up and remote first environment would be ideal.
- Successful completion of a background check.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook . The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page .
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.