The Wikimedia Foundation is the nonprofit that hosts Wikipedia and our other free knowledge projects. We want to make it easier for everyone to share what they know. To do this, we keep Wikipedia and Wikimedia sites fast, reliable, and available to all. We protect the values and policies that allow free knowledge to thrive. We build new features and tools...
Read more about this company
The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a Development Associate to join our team, reporting to the Senior Events Project Manager. As the Development Associate, you will be responsible for the administrative support of fundraising data administration and fundraising events on the Major Gifts and Foundations team at the Wikimedia Foundation.
You are responsible for:
- Fundraising data administration
- Support the Major Gifts team in fundraising data entry, ensuring clean and up-to-date data in our donor database, CiviCRM. As needed, produce reports and donor lists from the database.
- Assist matching gifts process by verifying employee matching gifts, completing and returning matching gift forms via email.
- Assist with gift processing and donor acknowledgement services, working with team members to record donation details, produce donation thank you letters, and track donor recognition preferences. Collaborate with the Donor Services team to answer fundraising related questions over email and in our customer service software, Zendesk.
- Perform general administrative support duties, as needed, to support members of the Major Gifts team in efforts to grow and improve the Wikimedia Foundation's fundraising program.
- Fundraising events supportWork under the close supervision of the Senior Events Project Manager with the virtual events portfolio
- Assist with event-related administrative duties, including but not limited to recording and tracking event registrations, producing and sending acknowledgement and thank you letters.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all event tasks and timelines
- Update and maintain event-related donations and donor interactions in the donor database
- Respond to event-related donor inquiries in Zendesk
- Perform additional event-related activities as time permits
- Endowment SupportComplete endowment gift processing (Engage, including QCD, and Tides gifts) and reconciliation
- Support for Planned Giving tasks, as needed
- Perform general administrative support duties, as needed
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree + 1-2 yrs of relevant work experience in non-profit, tech or events
- Ability to work in an open, transparent, and collaborative environment, while respecting donor confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a dynamic environment, while providing attention to detail, and completing work in a timely manner
- Strong time management skills; planning and prioritizing work to accomplish all tasks in the time allotted
- Exercises discretion and good judgment
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
- Proficiency in Google Suite
- Virtual event management experience
- Experience working with volunteer-led, non-profit organizations
- Experience using a donor database or records management system
- Experience working remotely
- Experience working with a distributed organization
- Experience with donor engagement
- Experience with Zendesk (customer service inquiry management) and CiviCRM (donor database) platforms
- Understanding of the free culture, free software, or online rights movements
As an equal opportunity employer, the Wikimedia Foundation values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics.
If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 839-6885.