Report to: Chief Executive Officer
Grade: IGRTC Grade 2
Salary Scale: KES 215,964.00 – 318,231.00
House Allowance: KES 60,000.00
Commuter Allowance: KES 20,000.00
Leave Allowance: As per the existing allowances in the Committee
Annual Leave: 30 working days
Medical Cover: As per the existing scheme in the Committee
Terms of Service: Three years contract renewable
This position exists to provide strategic leadership and operational management in the implementation of the institution’s technical decisions in line with the Constitution of Kenya 2010, the Intergovernmental Relations Act, 2012 and the committee’s strategic plan specifically in execution of the following functions in line with the committee’s strategic plan and departmental work plan;
- Functional analysis, costing & transfer of functions
- Assets and liabilities and related records
- Undertaking functional analysis and transfer of residual functions to either level of government as provided under the Fourth Schedule;
- Undertaking costing of functions for optimal resource allocation and utilization;
- Coordinating the transfer of functions, power or competencies from and to either level of government;
- Conducting transfer of assigned functions by mutual agreement between the two levels of government;
- Validating the inventory of all the existing assets and liabilities of government, other public entities and local authorities;
- Making recommendations for the effective management of assets of the national and county governments;
- Initiation and development of knowledge based research to inform policy decisions on issues affecting devolution and intergovernmental relations.
- Ensure compliance with the approved work plans and execution timelines.
- Coordinate officers working in the division.
- Facilitate preparation of proposals for resource mobilization.
- Coordinate the preparation of quarterly reports for Summit, monthly reports of the committee.
- Coordinate preparation of the department’s quarterly reports.
- Coordinate the preparation of general monitoring reports for the division.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to pay attention to details;
- Ability to observe and understand business processes; ensure processes are documented completely and accurately;
- Self-driven individual with ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of ethics, confidentiality and professionalism;
- Strong time-management and organization skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Public/Business Administration, Management, Economics, Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Planning and Management, Communication, Policy Analysis, Leadership and Governance/Management or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Public/Business Administration, Law, Management, Economics, Statistics, Project Planning and Management, Leadership and Governance/Management, Communications and Public Relations, Conflict Management and Resolution or Commerce from a recognized institution.
- Have a post graduate qualification in any of the following disciplines: Public/Business Administration, Law, Management, Economics, Statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Planning and Management, Policy Analysis, Leadership and Governance/Management, Public Relations or Conflict Management and Resolution from a recognized institution
- iv. Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution.
Professional Qualifications/Membership to professional bodies
- Be a member of a professional body for a minimum of 8 years.
- Have a Certificate in Strategic Leadership lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution and attach clearance certificates from DCI- Certificate of good conduct, EACC, HELB -Compliance Certificate , KRA - Compliance Certificate and CRB – Clearance Certificate
- Previous relevant work experience required.
- Have at least twelve (12) years professional experience in public service three (3) of which should be in the level of Deputy Director or an equivalent senior management position.
- Have served in a reputable organisation for twelve (12) years, five (5) of which should be in a senior management position.
- Have demonstrable competence in administration of not less than five (5) years;
- Candidates must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and attach all relevant clearance certificates when submitting their applications.
- Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
IGRTC is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution - Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. Therefore, people with disabilities, the marginalized and the minorities are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Committee on or before 23rd March, 2021 latest 5.00 pm
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications to;
Chief Executive Officer
Intergovernmental Relations Technical Committee
Parklands Plaza, Chiromo Lane/Muthithi Road Junction, Westlands
P.O Box 44880-00100
Through email; firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject of the email “Director Functional Analysis, Costing, Transfer, Assets and Liabilities” or “Chief Legal Officer”