Department Commercial Services Department
Position Reports to Managing Director
- Area Managers
- Customer Service Manager
- Commercial Manager
- Senior Enforcement Officer
Purpose of the Job
To plan, direct and co-ordinate all commercial operations, which will include strategy for service delivery, revenue generation, collections and debt management.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities are:
Managerial Roles and Responsibilities
- Developing and implementing commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives;
- Conducting market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities for expansion, business development and growth;
- Identifying, analyzing and understanding customer needs while working closely with other departments to develop practical solutions;
- Managing and supervising all the company’s business/commercial operations particularly as they relate to customer service, metering, billing, revenue generation and collection;
- Ensure reduced loss of revenues due to illegal water and sewer connections as well as through tampering of company assets including meters, customer connections.
- Developing long term business strategies and operational plans that reflect the long-term goals and priorities of the department;
- Ensuring the provision of comprehensive commercial information systems, including up-to-date customer database;
- Automation of all processes including customer relations, metering, billing and work orders to streamline service performance;
- Continuous process improvement of services offered by the department;
- Ensuring customer satisfaction of the consumers of the services provided by the department.
- Processing new customer accounts, Updating the customers register/accounts
- Oversee performance management in the department
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the department
- Prepare Board management papers for approval
- Ensure that all the data with regards to monthly meter readings and payments is entered and verified
- Ensuring timely billings of all services provided to customers q. Maintaining accurate records
- Preparing accurate reports as required
- Work closely with other departments/sections in all areas.
- Performing related work as may be required
Operational Roles and Responsibilities
- Preparation of annual budgets, work plans and cash flow plans for the department;
- Review, scrutinize, and develop operational process flows;
- Liaising with other sections in provision of quality service to customers;
- Attending promptly to complaints from customers;
- Identify training needs for the departmental staff;
- Develop department budget and work plan;
- Mentor and coach departmental staff;
- Identify procurement needs of the department;
- Participate in strategic planning and implementation;
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the company;
- Makes strategic, operational and financial decisions for the department;
- Resolve contractual and commercial problems;
- Initiate growth of customer market and area of coverage;
- Establish and direct operational procedures;
- Liaise closely with Customer Service section and Area Management to improve service efficiency and customer satisfaction;
- Ensuring water tariffs are reviewed as appropriate;
- Ensure timely, complete and accurate meter reading and billing of services as well as ensuring subsequent collections;
- Ensuring credit control and collection of all outstanding commercial debts;
- Maintain sustainable and productive relationships with existing clients;
- Influence a culture of good customer care throughout the company;
- Create public awareness on the company’s products and services;
- Carrying out customer surveys and proposing improvements arising from feedback received;
- Ensuring customer complaints are tracked and effectively addressed conclusively and communicated effectively to the relevant audiences;
- Ensuring all financial adjustments affecting customer accounts are justified, accurate and properly authorized;
- Plans the work of subordinates, assigns work to subordinates, and monitors subordinates work performance. Appraises/evaluates subordinates’ performance.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned
Key Result Areas:
The jobholder’s accountability areas are as follows:
- Effective operational cost control of the department’s financial resources;
- Successful implementation of quality control standards for services offered by the department;
- Effective supervision and direction of employees assigned to the department;
- Maximization of productivity in the department;
- Continuous process improvement of processes and services offered by the department;
- Ensuring customer satisfaction for the consumers of the services offered by the department and the company as a whole.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
The jobholder must possess:
- A minimum of Masters in Business Administration; Finance/Accounting/Marketing or any other relevant field;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Management/Marketing or any other relevant field;
- Be a registered member of a relevant professional body.
- Professional qualifications such as CPA/ACCA will be an added advantage;
- A minimum of 12 years related work experience in a busy commercial environment, six (6) of which should be in senior management.
- Must have demonstrated ability to handle departmental budgets, resources, processes, projects and relationships;
- Should have good knowledge of the water services industry/sector as well as knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Must be capable of functioning effectively both as a team player and a team leader;
- Must have ability to plan, organize, implement and evaluate departmental goals;
- Must demonstrate ability to handle multiple roles and work well under pressure and strict deadlines;
- Should have strong analytical skills and be results oriented;
- Must have high standards of integrity and ethical practice;
- Must have management and leadership skills;
- Must have ability to accurately plan work assignments, prioritize tasks and deliver within deadlines;
- Should have high level problem solving and decision making abilities;
- Should be an effective communicator with the ability to handle both internal and external communication;
- Should have effective people management and conflict resolution skills;
- Must have knowledge in the use and experience of MS office packages and financial modeling tools.
Applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org , deposited at our Head Office OFF Kambi Somali Road next to Coca Cola or posted to:
The Managing Director,
Eldoret Water and Sanitation Company Ltd.,
PO. BOX 8418-30100,
Eldoret Water and Sanitation Company is an equal opportunity employer and the marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. Note: All applications to be received not later than Thursday 24th December 2020 at 16.00 Hrs.