Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Sistema Biobolsa is a system that transforms the manure of animals into biogas and a potent, natural fertilizer. By inputting the manure in the system on a daily basis, you will be able to develop and grow your activities on the farm,
You can be a part of this impact story!
Who is the Operations Engineer at Sistema.bio?
Reporting to the Global Technical Director, the Operations Engineer is responsible for the facilitation, improvement and the cost optimization of field operation processes. The Operations Engineer will investigate the opportunities for improvement, develop and implement processes before measuring their impact on the operations.
The Operations Engineer will collaborate and coordinate with our analytical team, our training team and our local operations teams based in India, Kenya and Latin America. The Operations Engineer will also have the opportunity to support our partners and clients based in West Africa.
You’ll be in charge of:
- Investigating, analyzing and detecting opportunities to improve operational efficiency and reduce unit costs.
- Continuously improving our Health & Safety trainings and policies as per local regulations.
- Developing and implementing SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), involving digital tools and hardware.
- Coordinating the development of data collection tools.
- Coordinating training and development for the technical team.
- Monitoring the good implementation of SOPs.
- Supporting technically and coordinating with one or two West Africa Partners.
More about YOU
- You have 2 to 5 years of experience with exposure to Fieldwork, Operations, Health & Safety, Data analytics and Team training.
- You have an Industrial, Mechanical or Environmental Engineering Degree.
- You are process driven and are fluent in the development of SOPs.
- You have excellent communication, coordination and organizational skills.
- You have strong problem-solving skills, are creative and loves implementing solutions!
- You love field work!
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Fluent in Spanish or French is a plus!
Women are strongly encouraged to apply!
What it is like to work at Sistema.bio?
- Passion and purpose: Working at Sistema.bio, you will work with a very passionate team that believes strongly in working for the social and environmental impact they want to see.
- A growing team with growing opportunities: Sistema.bio is on its way to double in size in the coming years. This growth will open new roles, new countries and a world of new opportunities! We have a roll-up-your-sleeves culture where we offer new opportunities for our team members’ careers and aspirations based on their skills, interests and aspirations.
- Time in the field with the small and medium-scale farmers: At Sistema.bio, we are passionate about understanding and serving our customers: small and medium-scale farmers. Working with Sistema.bio, we will make sure that regardless of your background, you get to spend time in the field with farmers and genuinely understand their challenges and their everyday concerns.
- We care about your career progression: We have a strong culture of training and investing in developing our people. As a Sistema.bio employee, you’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to training programs and clear tracking of your performance and career development twice a year.
- Entrepreneurial culture: Your ideas matter. We believe in empowering people to own their projects and be able to take responsibility for them.
- Work-life balance: At Sistema.bio, we know you’re at your best when you’re rested and healthy. We therefore give you generous holidays options, parental leave, we pay for your health protection and give you options to work remotely when needed and possible.
- Gender Equality: Sistema.bio is committed to gender equality in the workplace. Thanks to our Gender policies and efforts, women represent 57% of the Global team and 27% of our overall workforce. We have flexible working hours and expressing spaces for lactating mothers.
We're excited to hear from you. Kindly prepare a structured and clear answer to the three questions below as part of your application. Only applications with complete and detailed answers will be considered.
- Tell us why your prior experiences make you the perfect fit for this role. Why now?
- What challenge(s) do you think you will face once you are involved in this position and how will you solve it (them)?
- Tell us how you fit into Sistema.bio values.
Location, Travel and Deadline
- Based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Travelling within Kenya up to 20 % of your time and possibly to India.
- Application deadline 4th March 2022.