REPORTS TO: GLT Plant Manager
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
Thika GLT Threshes tobacco mainly for BAT Kenya & other external partners. Customers have varied information needs and this means the production services executive must work in a flexible and customer driven information environment.
Most services within GLT are outsourced and thus the Production Performance Coordinator supports management of production planning and outsourced service requests for optimization of cost and resources.
Our new colleague will support the Team by providing information and analysis on factory performance for operational planning, decision making and performance tracking. He/she will coordinate GLT production planning and outsourced service requests for cost optimization and proactively manage GLT WMS and WIP stock levels to optimise working capital management in GLT operations. The Production Performance Coordinator also known as the process lead owns the integrity of the line event data system and is responsible for data analytics of line losses.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Ensure GLT management team and operators receive concise, accurate and timely reports and analyses of production performance.
- Generate timely and accurate customer processing reports and circulate to all customers for process optimization.
- Generate timely reconciliations reports for all crops processed in the GLT.
- Manage GLT weekly processing schedule to facilitate online process data capture for all inputs and outputs. Maintain daily, weekly and monthly GLT processing information and minutes actions for meetings.
- Manage weekly service requisition for process, cleaning, and Administration.
- Negotiate all GLT low value spend purchasesthrough the LVS system and provide reports.
- Effectively track all GLT outsourced service provisions to ensure quality and cost optimization from requisition to delivery of services. Maintain contractor review logs and issue register.
- Establish plant replenishment plans to support both production plans
- Support GLT processing and blending teams to achieve performance targets
- Demonstrate that all information boards, team boards and visual screens are well maintained and updated on a daily, weekly /monthly basis.
- Always challenge the status quo by suggesting more innovative and creative processes and procedures to enhance cost reduction and analysis to highlight issues and drive improvements.
- Monitor plant performance and continuously assess process efficiencies of yields, throughputs, schedule attainment, downtime/breakdowns and productivities and continuously challenge team for improvement ideas.
- Participating in shift DDS and line DDS process daily to set priorities and allocate resources, and report results for previous 24 hours:
- Analyses line data to identify and prioritize loss elimination opportunities including the creation of current state and future state loss trees utilizing tools such as loss allocation and S-shape
- Leads root cause problem solving efforts on key chronic losses for the processing line.
- Coaches teams to build capability in problem solving skills and formal tools, including but not limited to initial problem solving, unified problem solving, 6W2H, and 5 Why’s.
- Leads and builds the capability of team around process failures technical troubleshooting.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- A university degree in Engineering field and at least 1- 3 years’ experience in a large manufacturing environment.
- A very good knowledge of IT skills and applications. (Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills)
- Good analytical skills.
- Power BI and other digital IT tools are added advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and understanding of how to deal with customer partners.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Credibility and management experience and flexibility to deal with people at a variety of levels.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good team player with high integrity.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity, and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!