Purpose of Position
To lead donor engagement, intelligent research on donor strategies, sectoral focus and forecasts, prepositioning for solicited and unsolicited opportunities and generate set annual grant income for World Vision Kenya. The incumbent shall contribute strategically to development of Grant Acquisition and Donor Retention Strategies for World Vision Kenya from the assigned Foundations, bilateral, and multilateral donors.
As part of the WVK family, the position holder promotes World Vision’s Christian values through its work in teams and with people from various backgrounds.
Growth of Grant Income as per Resource Acquisition and Management (RAM) Business Process as a result of strengthening GAM business process (50 %)
- Lead engagement exercise with WVK identified donors as related to WVKs donor mapping and tiering guidelines.
- Identify donor priorities and intelligence on upcoming opportunities
- search for information that will facilitate positioning and establishment of partnership for opportunities
- Lead the proposal development process in partnership with NO teams, SO and external partners/ consortia as relevant.
- Coordinated procedure for managing new opportunities including Grant startups
Donor attraction and retention (25%)
- Actively seek out strategic alliances with donors, NGOs, UN, governments, Support Offices, bilateral and multilateral agencies for purposes of coordination fund raising
- Pro-actively provide donor updates on existing grants and keep the donor relations on course to ensure repeat funding,
- Ensure good donor and World Vision International Support Office relations by meeting all contractual obligations and achieving high quality planning and implementation of RAM activities
Grants start-ups Monitoring, Reporting, Documentation and Knowledge Management (10%)
- Coordinate with Grant compliance Due diligence, pre-teaming, teaming process and sub-grant Agreement
- Lead the handing over process of awarded opportunities and support startup processes of grants as relates to business process.
- Lead the process of after action reviews after every submitted opportunity and document lessons learnt to improve our process
- Participate in donor grant monitoring trips as feasible
Capacity Building for staff on Grants Acquisition and Management (10%)
- support identification of WVK staff capacity gaps at all levels (NO, Regional & County) in regard to grants acquisition and donor requirements.
- support the development & implementation of NO GAM capacity- building plans.
- Facilitate capacity building on proposal development, donor engagement, WVK Branding and monitoring & reporting based on donor requirements.
- Research, develop & implement new initiatives that make GAM function more effectively e.g Subgranting
- Carry out any duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
- Participate and contribute in committees and task forces as may be signed from time to time
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Social sciences, Agribusiness, Economics, NRM, or relevant field from a recognized University. Post graduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 7 years’ relevant experience, 3 of which must be in grant acquisition and donor engagement,
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in leading and coordinating teams
- Must have experience in designing and programming project in the sector Livelihoods resilience or NRM
- Ample experience and expertise in partnering and engaging with government donors, multilateral & bilateral donors and private sector
- Ability to work under tight schedules and with highly competing priorities and deliver quality results
- Demonstrated strong presentation & writing skills; ability to develop quality concept notes, proposals, logical frameworks and reports under tight deadlines. Proposal Pro/ equivalent training will be added advantage
- Demonstrated experience in community development work, partnering and consortium management, staff capacity building,
- Ability to motivate multi-stakeholder teams and inspire teamwork and to manage donor expectations
- Significant experience in project management and grant compliance procedures.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Computer skills especially Microsoft