The holder of this position will be reporting to the DVC(AFD) and the main responsibilities include; coordinates formulation of Human resource strategy and policy development in line with set business plans and objectives, ensures that the University attracts, develops and retains the best talent in the industry and aligns them to AIU’s business strategy, coordinates facility maintenance and ensures safety of the University’s infrastructure and assets and assets including third party service, ensures smooth transport system, custodian of legal contracts and insurance services for the smooth operation of the University in line with policies, processes and procedures to achieve overall University strategy.
- Designs, develops and implements effective human resources strategy, policies and procedures in line with University objectives.
- Formulates and monitors the implementation of the University services management strategy in line with overall strategy, policies and procedures to achieve the institutions objectives and goals.
- Ensures alignment of HR policies and procedures to the labour laws and other appropriate legislations
- Monitors the University establishment, cost, productivity and advises on remedial actions.
- Leads the reward and recognition policies, processes and their implementation.
- Leads in developing a performance culture through elaborate policies and procedures to achieve the University’s strategy
- esponsible for talent management in the department including coaching, mentoring, developing, motivating, training and evaluating staff to achieve highest levels of performance.
- Prepares, monitors and reports the departmental budgetary allocations.
- Leads and manages the department’s communication.
- Manages and implements change initiatives to achieve desired university plans and culture.
- Identifies, implements and benchmarks best practices in Universities facilities management.
- Managing office space, staff housing and student accommodation to ensure availability and usability
- Ensures availability and usability of classrooms and office facilities including furniture and fixtures to achieve customer satisfaction
- Leads and manages the third party service delivery through Service Level Agreements (SLAs) including monitoring and providing periodic reports
- Ensuring University’s safe and healthy environment including waste management in line with set local and international environmental standards
At least a Master’s degree in Administration and/or Human Resource Management or equivalent. Ph.D holders in the above fields will have an added advantage. Professional qualifications such as a Postgraduate Diploma in Administration or Human Resource Management is desirable. Should be a full member of IHRM with a practicing certificate. Key job skills for the job include; strategy formulation & implementation, talent management, performance enhancement, maturity as well as Interpersonal and communication skills, conflict resolution, stress management and counselling, leadership & team building skills, analytical & negotiation skills, governance and compliance and proficiency in information technology. Relevant experience of at least 10 years of productive experience in Administration and Human Resource Management in senior management, preferably at university setting.
go to method of application »
The job holder shall implement specific activities for partnerships, fund raising and lifelong relationships with University stakeholders. He or she will report to the Marketing and Institutional Development Manager but shall work closely with the Executive Committee of the Alumni Association of AIU.
- Write human impact stories about God’s work through AIU concerning Students, Alumni, Staff and Faculty
- Create and maintain an updated alumni database and keep all the records of the alumni association both in soft and hard copy.
- Take minutes in the executive meetings of the alumni association committee and follow up on the implementation of all the committee’s decisions.
- Provide a link between the alumni association and the university and involve them in the university activities e.g. student recruitment, fundraising, development plans.
- Maintain year-round communication with partners, including written reports, partner surveys and in-person meetings providing information on projects of interest to donors.
- Sensitize and create awareness among the alumni and students about the alumni association and its activities
- Plan for and facilitate the implementation of alumni activities, ensuring involvement of all alumni.
- Foster collaboration with other alumni in institutions of higher learning and other organizations.
- Facilitate the welfare activities of the members e.g. recognition system for outstanding alumni, weddings, bereavement etc.
- Assist in drafting fund raising proposals and related written materials.
- Have an up to date database for different constituents making contributions to AIU funds.
- Meet the set fundraising targets by implementing specific assigned fundraising initiatives.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor in line with the furtherance of the University Vision and Mission.
Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communication and Public Relations is preferred. Minimum of 2 year experience in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations with demonstrated success, preferably having worked in the not-for-profit or associated sector. Experience in organizing and coordinating meetings, minute taking, correspondence and record keeping.
Applications should be emailed to job application ensuring vacancy code is in the subject. Attach a cover letter, detailed resume and duly filled job application form. Deadline for application is October 29th, 2021, 5.00 p.m.
Interested and qualified? Go to Africa International University on www.aiu.ac.ke