We are looking for an experienced and result-driven operations manager in Kenya to join our awesome team that is passionate about understanding and meeting the needs of women in Kenya!
Reporting to the East Africa Social Enterprise Lead, you will play a leading role in development of the EASE Kenya strategy and delivery of the same. You will be responsible for country operations and the team working together to deliver the strategy and day to day operations.
- Establishment of the Kenya Office
- Lead the process to Kenya office establishment including premises, and 3rd party providers
- Operational excellence within the Kenya office
- Compliance in all Kenya office operations including dealings with 3rd party distributors.
- Sales and Route to Market Leadership
- Working alongside the EASE lead, develop the appropriate Route to Market for the different offerings by the EASE Kenya office.
- Leadership of the sales and detailer teams, ensuring sales force effectiveness
- Relationship management with the 3rd party distributors and ensuring delivery of targets
- New Product Development and Business Planning
- Working with the Senior Marketing Manager and the EASE lead, develop new Kenya market product strategies, and ensure commercialization of the same.
- Lead registration process of the new products by the Kenya regulatory authorities
- Kenya adherence to the organization marketing and business planning process timelines
- Relationship Management
- Manage external relationships between the EASE Kenya office and external stakeholders including but not limited to Regulatory bodies, Ministry of Health, Commercial sector players, professional bodies etc
- Establish partnerships
- Review the Kenya market, identify and establish partnerships that could expand the EASE product offering in Kenya including pharma products, and other expanded pleasure offerings across the life cycle of the women.
- Provide leadership and performance management to the EASE Kenya team
What are we looking for?
Bachelor's degree: the ideal candidate will have a degree in Pharmacy, and be registered to operate in Kenya
- Post graduate qualification in management would be an added advantage
- 7-10 years of business management experience, preferably in a large/mid-sized pharmaceutical market
- Experience in leading sales operations
- Demonstrated use of insights to deliver effective marketing and sales strategies Effective cross-functional team leadership and influencing skills
- Experience in business set up will be an added advantage.
- Experience working with and managing distributors
- Experience in strategy development and management of digital marketing is added advantage
- Must be detail orientated and have strong personal leadership skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing environments
- Experience in establishing strategic partnerships.
go to method of application »
The US Presidents Malaria Initiative (PMI) Impact Malaria project is PMI’s flagship global malaria service delivery project, helping to improve the quality and increase the delivery of malaria diagnosis and treatment services in up to 27 countries around the world. PMI Impact Malaria is a USAID contract hosted and led by PSI as the prime contractor. PMI Impact Malaria works with national malaria control programs to help tackle these challenges by:
Closing the gaps in malaria service delivery to get the right medicine, with the correct diagnosis, to patients in need, in the timeliest manner.
Unlocking the potential of key drug-based approaches, by helping countries to introduce, implement, and scale-up proven innovations to move countries forward in their elimination efforts, according to each country’s unique malaria situation.
Strengthening malaria health systems and the use of data for decision-making to link operational research and country-led dialogue with global technical leadership for the means of accelerating service delivery improvements and advancing key learnings.
The PMI Impact Malaria (IM) team is a results-focused, multi-disciplined and multi-cultured team, based out of Washington DC, working through PSI country offices as well as through our partners Jhpiego, MCDI and UCSF.
Population Services International (PSI), thanks to the PMI Impact Malaria (IM) project, seeks a dynamic candidate with an interest in supervision and management of routine health data monitoring systems for the position of Senior DHIS2 Program Manager. The successful candidate will work closely with teams from two different global departments to provide technical guidance and supervision relating to DHIS2 (the Impact Malaria project management information system) and other Digital Health initiatives. The role will work closely with the IM HQ M&E team, Health Area Monitoring Advisor for the PSI’s Malaria Department and the Sr DHM Program Manager/Deputy Director Monitoring. The main focus will be supervising a dedicated team to ensure timely and quality implementation of activities related to digital health for the Impact Malaria project, and to support troubleshooting, general system administration, analytics and dashboard development, maintenance and promotion of use of complex configuration of program monitoring systems in DHIS2. The position will also provide capacity building of DHIS2 Specialists, DHIS2 Officers, MIS Officers and Country System Admins across IM country offices.
Sounds interesting? Read on!
- Supervise and coordinate a dedicated team to provide timely and quality implementation of digital health activities
- Lead the IM staff working on digital health activities for the project (Systems Specialists, MIS Officer and Digital Solutions Consultant)
- Ensure planning and execution of IM digital health activities in line with the project workplans by coordinating technical resources to meet project deliverables**
- Act as the focal point to the Impact Malaria team within PSI’s Digital Health and Monitoring (DHM) Department to provide updates and reports on implementation of activities **
- Offer technical oversight and guidance to the team in the areas of DHIS2 and other digital health tool and other initiatives **
- Offer technical guidance in terms of best practices in the digital health space, as well as PSI’s digital strategy**
- Provide technical oversight in the areas of DHIS2 and other digital health initiatives
- Supervise configuration of multi-country and complex program monitoring systems in DHIS2 meeting organizational standards, in both desktop and mobile DHIS2 (Data sets, Event and Tracker Programs, Indicators, Program indicators, management of Users, User groups, Org Units and Org Units Groups, etc)
- Supervise system administration, maintenance, configuration support, analytics and dashboard development of the Impact Malaria project monitoring system, digital supportive supervision tools and any other digital tools to be developed, including supervision to troubleshooting and technical assistance to Country System Admins and IM DHIS2 Officers
- Provide technical oversight to strengthen use of DHIS2 visualizations and dashboards to support evidence-based decision-making through the DHIS2 Interpretations app and Data-to-Action approaches, as well as to improve data quality through ensuring data quality standards and validation checks
- Provide capacity building support in DHIS2
- Support capacity building of DHIS2 Officer, DHIS2 Specialist, MIS Officer, IM Country System Admins, M&E Officers and other project staff to effectively interpret and use DHIS2 and other digital health initiatives for the Impact Malaria project
- Support maintenance and use of capacity building resources and platforms to maximize long-term sustainability of capacity building efforts
What are we looking for?
- Degree in Epidemiology, Data Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, Health Information Systems, Information Technology, or a related field
- At least 5 years of experience in managing complex public health information systems
- Proven experience supervising team of MIS/digital health/ HIS technical experts for public health programs; experience developing workplans
- Proven experience in project management (developing workplans, timelines and budgets)
- Experience overseeing development, roll out and capacity building related to digital health tools
- Good working knowledge of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) , particularly on M&E plans/performance monitoring plans, indicators, and systems to support programmatic decision-making
- Proven experience working with DHIS2 on system configuration, maintenance and use
- Excellent cross-cultural, interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills
- Excellent coordination, organizational and multitasking capabilities and keeping a team on track to meet deadlines
- Nice-to-have: Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages
- Nice-to-have: Experience working on USAID funded projects
- Preferred: working proficiency in French
All applicants MUST have work authorization for Kenya.
- Interested applicants should submit a current Curriculum Vitae no later than November 23rd, 2020 to [email protected] . Subject: Country Operations Manager or Subject: Sr DHIS2 Program Manager
- Applications will be screened on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified. References will be required
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.