Want to get a job fast?
Kibabii University is a public university in Kenya located in Bungoma County along Bungoma-Chwele highway.
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime Signup Now
Read more about this company
Grade: Scale 15 – KIBU/ADM/2/2020
Terms: contract period of five (5) years
Reporting to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration, Finance and Development), the Finance Officer shall on the overall be responsible for the supervision and management of all administrative and operational functions of the Office of the Finance Officer.
The Finance Officer shall be tasked with the following duties and responsibilities among others:
- Ensure the development of financial policies to ensure a standardized system of operations in the management of the University’s finances;
- Budget preparation to ensure efficient and effective utilization of the University’s resources and submission of the budget to the parent ministry and the National Treasury within the statutory deadlines;
- Preparation of financial statements to ensure compliance with the Constitution of Kenya, 2010, PFM Act, 2012, International Public Sectors Accounting Standards and Public Audit Act, 2003 for submission to the auditor General before the statutory deadlines;
- Preparation of the quarterly reports and financial statements for submission on or before the statutory deadline in line with the PFM Act, 2012;
- Update the Council regarding changes in legislation or regulations that may affect the University’s business operations;
- Ensure maintenance of the University assets register on both movable and immovable assets;
- Setting up Internal controls to ensure minimization of errors, and frauds in the institution’s financial operations;
- Ensure adherence to financial regulations, policies, legislations, and applicable Accounting & ISO Standards;
- Liaison with external and internal auditors on the audit of Institution’s books of accounts and maintenance a good working relationships;
- Implements authorized and approved payments to facilitate activities of the University;
- Supervision of Finance department staff to ensure assignments are carried out efficiently and effectively in order to maintain the set standards;
- Coaching and mentoring of staff through assignment and guiding in execution of the activities to ensure high standards are met to satisfy interests of customers;
- Liaison with Government Agencies and other institutions on financial matters to ensure timely disbursement of resources;
- Ensure participation of Finance Department staff in continual education programs and career advancement;
- Evaluation of staff in the Finance Department to ensure adherence to the performance targets; and
- Perform any such other duties as may be assigned or delegated Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration, Finance and Development).
For appointment to this position one must have:
- PhD, Masters and Bachelors Degree in a relevant area from a recognized University with 12 years working experience 3 of which as Deputy Finance Officer Scale 14 or its equivalent
- OR Masters and Bachelors in a relevant area from a recognized University with 15 years working experience 5 of which as Deputy Finance Officer Scale 14 or its equivalent.
- CPA (K).
- Registered membership of ICPAK or an equivalent Accounting body.
- Practical experience of ICT is mandatory at this level.
- Consistently demonstrated outstanding qualities for leadership, coordination and organization capabilities at top management level.
- ICT Competence.
go to method of application »
Reporting to the Deputy Registrar (Administration and Human Resource), the Assistant Registrar (Human Resource) shall assist in supervision and management of Human Resource functions in the Human Resource Department.
The Assistant Registrar (Human Resource) shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Implementing HR policies and procedures;
- Coordinating staff recruitments, appointments, selection process, transfers and discipline;
- Coordinating collection and collation of information to inform human resource policies in the organization;
- Analyzing utilization of human resources in the organization and advising on proper deployment;
- Identifying, designing and overseeing the implementation of training programmes based on identified needs;
- Coordinating preparation of personal emolument budget;
- Coordinating development and maintenance of human resource database;
- Coordinating implementation of performance appraisal process;
- Coordinating industrial relations and staff welfare;
- Providing advice to staff on pay and benefit system;
- Ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements relating to Human Resource;
- Ensuring preparation of quarter and annual reports;
- Processing travel clearance; and
- Facilitating meetings, conferences and other special events;
- Masters Degree in a relevant area with six (6) years working experience 3 of which as Senior Administrative Assistant Scale 11 or its equivalent;
- CPS (K)/CIHRM or Postgraduate Diploma in relevant field;
- Must be a member of IHRM in good standing;
- ICT Competence;
- Shown merit and administrative ability in work performance and results.
go to method of application »
Grade: Scale 14 KIBU/ADM/4/2020 (1 POST): Vacancy June 2020
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, the Deputy Chief Legal Officer/ Council Secretary shall on the overall be responsible for the supervision and management of all administrative and operational functions of the Office of the Chief Legal Officer.
The Deputy Chief Legal Officer/Council Secretary shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring compliance with Statutes, regulations and procedures;
- Advising the Vice Chancellor and Council on legal obligations;
- Drafting, reviewing and approving agreements, grant awards and contracts;
- Overseeing management of land assets and Intellectual Property;
- Keeping Custody of legal and Council documents;
- Overseeing preparation of Council and legal reports;
- Overseeing review of legal policies and practices;
- Identifying, mitigating legal risks and developing remedial plans;
- Representing the University in litigation and developing case strategy;
- Reviewing progress of outstanding litigation;
- Ensure that Council complies with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements as well as best corporate governance practice, including disclosures;
- Ensuring Council resolutions, internal policies and procedures comply with legal provisions;
- Provide proper advice and resources required by Council members to discharge their duties;
- Serve as the focal point for all Council communications and engagements;
- Maintain accurate records of Council and Committee deliberations, ensuring they reflect proper exercise of fiduciary duties;
- Manage all Council and Committee meeting logistics, attend and record minutes of all meetings and facilitate Council communications;
- Facilitate induction of new Council members and assist in their training and development; and
- Masters of Law/Legal Studies degree from a recognized University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Law from Kenya School with seven (7) years’ working experience three (3) as Senior Legal Officer Scale 13 or its equivalent;
- Must be an advocate of the High Court of Kenya with the current practicing certificate;
- Shown merit and administrative ability in work performance and results;
- Registration with Law Society of Kenya;
- CPS (K) and member of the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya in good standing.
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- ICT Competence.
go to method of application »
Grade: Scale 14 – KIBU/ADM/3/2020
Reporting to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration, Finance and Development), the Deputy Chief Medical Officer shall on the overall be responsible for the supervision and management of all administrative and operational functions of the Office of the Medical Officer.
The Deputy Chief Medical Officer shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure sustained and effective relationships between the University Health Centre and the University Management;
- Ensure that the University Medical Centre operates in accordance with its vision, mission, plans and policies set by the Board, by overseeing quarterly Monitoring and Evaluation (M & E);
- Shall be the Head of the University Health Centre;
- Ensure prudent and economical resource management for the University Health Centre;
- Oversee, promote and maintain the culture of clinical research and training and ensure that the Hospital has sufficient infrastructure facilities to support it;
- Oversee, initiate, establish and maintain inter-institutional collaboration and strategic partnership with other relevant healthcare institutions in clinical referral, clinical research and training services in the region and beyond;
- Develop and foster effective collaboration among the Hospital’s departments, staff leadership, faculty and other affiliated services to ensure an integrated approach to providing services, and fulfilling the clinical service delivery, research and training goals and objectives;
- Promote and ensure a culture of compliance with all established statutory and professional regulations and requirements, good governance principles and best practices in the health center;
- Oversee and ensure competitive compensation of human resources in order to attract and retain highly skilled individuals in the health Centre; and
- Work through the Management team and medical leadership of the clinic, serving as a resource to help reduce costs, enhance revenues, achieve effective utilization and quality goals and objectives, analyze and utilize information to develop and support management decisions.
- Be a qualified medical doctor with Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB/MBBS) degree from a recognized University.
- Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Medicine, Pediatrics; Cardiothoracic Surgery; Dermatology; Public Health or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Fifteen (15) years’ working experience 3 of which as Senior Medical Officer Scale 13 or its equivalent in a busy government or private medical institution;
- Be registered by the Kenya Medical and Dentists, Practitioners Board;
- Have a current practicing license;
- Be ICT Competent;
- PhD Degree in a relevant area is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Each application shall be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, Testimonials and other relevant supporting documents. Scanned copies of these documents must be attached to the email application.
Applicants must also submit the following current documents:
- Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau
- Criminal Investigation Department- (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Letters of recommendation from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and character in general which should be sent to the address below by the application deadline.
All applications should clearly be marked with the Reference Number of the Advertised position and submitted as follows:
- Ten (10) hard copies
- An electronic copy in PDF format by email be sent to the following email: email@example.com
Applications must be sent on or before 15th July, 2020 addressed to:
The Vice Chancellor,
P.O. Box 1699 – 50200
Kibabii University-Main Campus,
Administration Block, Third Floor, Room ABA 308.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love