If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Summit Recruitment & Search was established in 2009 to address the recruitment, mass recruitment, executive search, outsourcing and training needs of companies based in Kenya or wanting to enter the Kenyan, East African, South African and African market.
- Inspection of all the incoming materials to ensure that only materials that conform to the company specifications are accepted.
- Carrying out any required analysis on raw materials and finished products as per the laid down operational procedures.
- Monitoring of the set Critical Control Points and Operational Prerequisite Programmes (O-PRP).
- Monitoring the entire processes as guided by standard operating procedures.
- Ensuring that product non-conformities are controlled at all levels, and any non-conformity is properly documented and product isolated to prevent unintended use.
- Carrying out shelf life studies on the current products as per the laid down procedure.
- Actively participating in any research on new product development and improvement of the existing ones.
- Sensory evaluation of all products being packed to ensure quality and consistency.
- Ensuring that high hygiene standards are upheld in the production environments and the plant in general.
- Carrying out daily and weekly hygiene audits, and equipment are cleaned as per the laid down schedule.
- Ensuring that personnel in production areas adhere to the set hygiene rules at all times.
- Maintaining clean Quality Control records and properly filing them within 24 hours.
- Carrying out reshipment inspections on goods being dispatched to the market.
- Undertaking any other assigned duties, when the circumstances at hand dictate so.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science / Chemistry from a recognized institution.
- Engineering from a recognized institution with at least 3 years’ work experience.
- Experience in food processing Quality Assurance.
- Training and working knowledge of HACCP and ISO 22000.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ready to build systems from the ground up.
Monthly net salary: Ksh. 100,000 /= (Approx. 1,000 USD)
go to method of application »
- Find new sales leads
- Work with Marketing to ensure consistent lead generation
- Manage day-to-day performance of all sales team members and deliver reviews
- Work with the sales director to generate ideas for sales contests and motivational initiatives
- Lead and schedule weekly and/or monthly team meetings with sales team and customers
- Manage the entire marketing lifecycle: defining the strategy, conceiving means and collaterals, design and working with cross-functional teams, particularly sales, through implementation
- Partner with product, sales and training teams to deliver marketing collaterals, campaigns and events as per road map and objectives and implement go-to-market strategy
- Build and lead a high-performing internal team to undertake research, business analysis and human-centred design
- Design and implement promotion schemes for market acquisition
- Design and manage focused field-based research, trials and pilot projects following Lean Startup methodology to validate key product hypotheses
- Recruit and manage interns, fellows and seconded professionals supporting the product line and sales function
- Drive execution of new product and pricing launches across the organization
Qualifications / Skills:
- Bachelors Degree or above in relevant field
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role
- Experience managing a big sales team
- Having worked for a start up company is a plus
- Strong intrapersonal skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and reach targets.
- Hardworking, persistent, flexible, and dependable
- English and Swahili fluency. Swahili dialect in addition is a plus
Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 100,000 /= (Approx. 1,000 USD) plus very competitive commission
Deadline: 31st October 2016
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
To apply, please follow the link below
Summit Recruitment & Search, Blixen Court, Karen Road, Karen
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.