Assistant Manager HR Job at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Posted on: 20 December, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Government
View All Jobs at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
Assistant Manager Job Key responsibilities
- Implementation of employee relations strategy across KRA
- Work with HR colleagues in development of integrated disciplinary solutions.
- Implementation of the disciplinary policy and manage the administration of all discipline/grievance issues as per discipline /grievance procedures.
- Work with line managers to ensure compliance to labour and government regulations relating to staff issues.
- Liaise with Ethics and Integrity Department on disciplinary matters.
- Liaise with key committees and internal/external bodies shaping future policy in areas of employee relations and policy.
- Liaise with the Legal Department on cases arising from the disciplinary process
- Enforce compliance with the Public Officers Ethics Act specifically regarding declaration of income, assets & liabilities.
- Prepare disciplinary process impact assessment reports.
- Coordinate and facilitate grievance procedures.
- Maintain ongoing and closed staff discipline files.
- Employee relations;
- Industrial relations;
- Disciplinary process management;
Qualifications for the Assistant Manager Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Law or related field;
- A Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management;
- Membership to a relevant professional body;
- Any additional qualifications in Employee or Industrial Relations would be an added advantage.
- At least t h r e e (3) years’ experience in labour and employee relations management; and
- Experience in planning and delivering employee relations initiatives.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) career website on www.kra.go.ke to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)Similar Jobs
- Head of Clinical Trials at KEMRI-Wellcome Trust
- Job Opportunities at Kenya Defence Forces - 20 Positions
- Job Opportunities at Rural Electrification Authority - 7 Positions
- Project Expert - Animal Production, Natural Resources Management and Resilience at African Union
- Job Opportunities at Konza Technopolis Development Authority - 3 Positions