Account Manager Job at Booking.com
Posted on: 4 January, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Hospitality
View All Jobs at Booking.com
B.V. (the company behind Booking.com™) is registered and based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands ("Booking.com", "we", "us" or "our"), from where it renders an online accommodation reservation service (the "Service") on its website (the "Website"), and is supported internationally by its local group companies (the "support companies"). The support companies provide only internal support to Booking.com B.V. The support companies do not render the Service and do not own, operate or manage the Website or any other website.
As an Account Manager you are responsible for hotel account management. You support Booking.com BV by informing new hotels in a specific area in Kenya with respect to the services offered by Booking.com BV. You create quantity and quality reports on results and performance for information support to Booking.com BV. You inform hotels about Booking.com. You provide hotels the (initial) training on how to use Booking.com’s system. You will assist the Supply Manager of Booking.com Kenya on the improvement of hotel availability and supply in order to support Booking.com BV in meeting the demands of the visitors on the Booking.com website.
This fulltime position will be based in our new office in the Nairobi office.
- Support Booking.com BV’s – strategy for hotel availability and supply within Kenya
- Promote the Booking.com BV brand name and its online reservation services to hotels, also by visiting hotels located in specific geographic areas of the country
- Responsible for area coverage
- Inform hotels and advise on allotment, availability and supply
- Rate checks and competitor checks
- Liaison person for hotels to contact when they have questions
- Providing hotels with information and advice by mail and email, including follow-ups
- Follow up on cancellations and evaluations
- Accompany and train hotels on how to use Booking.com’ s extranet and rates & availability system
- Support hotels with regards to Booking.com’ s on-line system
- Organize and coordinate Tourist Trade Fair visits to liaise with hotels
- Check statistics in the control room and follow up
- You will also need to be versatile and adapt quickly to the latest guidelines from Booking.com BV
- 2 years of experience in a relevant account management function;
- Fluent in English and Swahili.
- Affinity/experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry;
- Pro-active, sense of responsibility, friendly and can work independently;
- Quick and resourceful, flexible, accurate, strong analytical skills and an eye for detail;
- Great face-to-face and telephone communication skills;
- Team player, motivated and enjoys to work in e-travel and hospitality;
- Business focused;
- Positive attitude;
- Hotel School or University background preferred;
- Driver’s license;
- Availability to travel 50% of the time;
- You already have a work permit to work in Kenya.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonus. We also offer what is called the “Booking Deal” with competitive benefits.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Booking.com career website on workingatbooking.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Booking.comSimilar Jobs
- Librarian at Karen Country Club
- Job Opportunities at Kenya Safari Lodges and Hotels - 4 Positions
- Digital Marketing Executive at Hemingways Collection
- Verification Officer at Java House
- Job Opportunities at Mercado Restaurant - 7 Positions
- Job Opportunities at Tribeka - 3 Positions
- Job Opportunities at Gelian Hotel Machakos
- Senior Director Development at Hilton