If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The International Labour Organization ILO is a specialized agency of the United Nations, whose primary goal is to promote opportunities for women and men to obtain decent and productive work in conditions of freedom, equity, security and human dignity and creating jobs of acceptable quality.
The Driver will report to the Administrative Assistant and work under the overall supervision of the Chief Technical Officer
Driver Job Responsibilities
- Drive authorized personnel as directed, ensuring strict adherence to traffic rules and regulations including speed limits.
- Deliver, collect mail, documents and other items as instructed.
- Ensure logistical arrangements for cargo and other items going to and from Somali offices
- Performs clerical work related to administrative services such as sorting, filing, photocopying, binding and scanning as required.
- Take responsibility for delegated management of logistical arrangements for people, goods and services to support the delivery of the office work
- Meet and escort ILO officials to and from the airport, their place of residence and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required ensuring all officials are able to meet their respective timetables ensuring all records are kept accordingly
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, check oil, water, battery, brakes and tyres.
- Make sure vehicles technically ready prior to departure for field trips.
- Keep record of official trips, daily mileage in the log sheet, record fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing and other services.
- Ensure the service schedule is met and adhered to as preventive maintenance undertaken
- Perform minor repairs and arrange for major repairs and ensures vehicles are kept clean at all times.
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident.
- Keep a high degree of confidentially and discreteness in discussions and travels, which involves ILO and its officials.
- Allow only authorized personnel and goods in the assigned vehicle.
- Be well presented in order to reflect a good image of the ILO at all times.
- Perform other related duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications for the Driver Job
- Successful completion of Primary Education
- Possession of a valid driving licence class B, C, E, demonstrable knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
- Advanced driving course an asset
- Training and driver support skills an asset
- Four years’ work experience as a driver with a safe driving record.
- Capability to speak the language in the assigned duty station
- A high level of driving and vehicle maintenance skills.
- Demonstrable capability to manage logistics and offer reliable support to the functioning of a complex office working across Kenya and Somalia
- Demonstrable ability to listen and take up communicated directions and ability to clearly articulate logistical arrangements for others to ensure completion of designated tasks
- Good knowledge of the local languages. Knowledge of the working language of the duty station.
- Proven ability to keep accurate records and take necessary actions from examining the records.
- Proven ability to drive safely and efficiently
- Capability to manage logistics taking initiative ensure effective and efficient office functioning.
- Demonstrable ability to take initiatives.
go to method of application »
Programme Coordinator Job Responsibilities
- Coordinate 10M’s Mixed Migration Programme and ensure that the project manager is implementing the activities stipulated in the project documents in a timely manner.
- Anticipate constraints to project implementation and work out solutions with the project manager and project officers. Liaise closely with other 10M regional programmes on the same.
- Coordinate closely with the Mixed Migration Programme Project Officers on the strategy and approach of mixed migration programmes to ensure harmonious implementation of the projects within the areas of coverage. Ensure regional approach within the region by organizing regional meetings.
- Represent 10M in the Mixed Migration Task Force (MMTF) cluster meetings such as protection and other related agencies as well as in donor meetings.
- Participate in field-based MMTF meetings and activities, analyse data collected by MMTF Coordinator and missions, guide field activities based on data/recommendations; oversee the organization of the MMTF Regional Conference.
- Develop and maintain necessary relationships with local authorities, United Nations (UN) agencies, national and international institutions, non-governmental organizations, voluntary agencies, required to promote 10M and its transitional activities, and to facilitate the implementation of ongoing activities. Ensure use of all 10M partnership and mixed migration tools, and update and disseminate regularly with lessons and input from the field and partners.
- Highlight mixed migration issues on UN forums and funding mechanisms such as the Consolidated Appeals Process (CAP), Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) and other institutions. Coordinate with regional institutions such as the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD), European Union (EU), Arab League and other donor forum.
- Monitor and ensure that budgets and work plans are implemented as planned in coordination with the Monitoring Officer and the Resource Management Officer. Provide feedback on areas related to gaps and improvement in the MM programme implementation and management.
- Coordinate technical support requirements with the Regional Programme Officer for Technical Cooperation and other relevant units in 10M.
- Develop new programmes and activities, especially in areas were IOM technical expertise would improve the humanitarian response (Internally Displaced Persons, Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration and Emergency Response) in cooperation with the Interagency Standing Committee members (IASC), relevant authorities and public/private entities in relation to both internal and international migration. Work closely with donors agencies to identify opportunities for partnership and cooperation and develop related fund-raising strategies.
- Advise COCF Nairobi about developments in the field of migration and related governmental policies affecting the work of the Organization.
- Prepare regular and special reports covering 10M’s activities, prepare briefings and background information requested by the Government, donor (s) and other entities. Analyse and report on information regarding migration as well as information related to the activities of regional organizations having a presence and involved in migration issues.
- Support Headquarters units in preparedness and response to migration emergency and recovery strategies while maintaining credible image of 10M vis-a-vis the local authorities and other partners in the country.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications for the Programme Coordinator Job
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Science, Business Administration, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Relevant management, operational and field experience in coordinating, implementing mixed migration programmes in various countries covering the following components: awareness raising, livelihood, technical cooperation, capacity building and border management, and counter human trafficking among others;
- Experience writing project documents, proposals, and reports, managing and monitoring programme budget required.
- Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Somali and/or Arabic is an advantage.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates are invited to send their applications on email to email@example.com
Applications later than Monday 30th January 2017 will not be accepted and only short listed candidates will be contacted