Our mission is to deliver world-class financial services to the mobile generation. Life moves faster than the pace of bank queues. Your smartphone is making the world a smaller place—and a faster one. Branch is a for-profit socially conscious company based in San Francisco and Nairobi. We use technology to dramatically reduce the cost of delivering financial services in emerging markets. Our first product is credit. Branch is like a bank in your pocket, there for you at all times. Commitment to Privacy and Security Branch eliminates the challenges of getting a loan by using the data on your phone to create a credit score. We encrypt the data you choose to share with us to protect your privacy. We do not share your information with third parties. Fair and Transparent Services Our fees are clear and easy to understand. Our terms allow for easy repayment. We do not charge late fees or rollover fees. The more you use Branch, the better it gets. As you pay back on time, our fees decrease, and you unlock larger loans with more flexible terms. Innovative Product, Compassionate People Complete our application in minutes. Receive your loan instantly. We provide world-class support, 24 hours a day. Ask a question in the app and receive a response in minutes. We are motivated by seeing you succeed, and we will never stop improving to better serve you.
The Senior Accountant will work under the Finance Manager Africa. This will be a permanent role that will involve, accounting, reporting and analysis as well ensuring adherence to internal controls and statutory compliance.
Senior Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Perform cross country accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling transactions with deep understanding of GAAP and IFRS accounting standards
- Be able to set up accounting books and procedures for new countries
- Take charge of month end procedures and timelines
- Assist with testing and receiving final approval for accounting software reports required for management, financial reporting and general ledger reconciliations.
- Assist with interim and annual external audit including completing required materials such as schedules.
Reporting and Analysis
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including “Budget vs. Actual” variance reports.
- Assist with completion of the quarterly and annual statutory and regulatory filings for all countries where Branch operates
- Production of daily, weekly, monthly reconciliations for each country covering Disbursements, Repayments and Net-cash, third party contracts such as M-pesa, Vodafone, Cellulant
- Assist in the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools
- Perform Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis using the available business intelligent tools
- Assist in developing financial models, analyses and dashboard reports to support strategic initiatives
- Assist in analyzing complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures.
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned.
Qualifications for the Senior Accountant Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance related areas and a CPA qualification
- More than 2 years of solid Accounting experience preferably handling more than 2 countries
- Experience working with accounting software, QuickBooks, Pastel, Sage, Oracle
- Highly analytical with high proficiency in MS Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to run a meeting and comfortably convey instruction
- Self-motivated, Creative and a Self-Initiator
- Super Organized & Results focused
- Able to work with short timelines on deliverables and multiple request at a time
- Comfortable with Start-up environment; Aggressive goals and targets, Open company culture, Flat company structure and strong Team spirit
Customer Solutions Associate Job Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for providing an inspiring and delightful experience for our customers.
- Delivering efficient and friendly responses to customer inquiries and build our brand via our text-based chat platform
- Responding to customer inquiries via Social Media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Google Play
- Escalating customer feedback and IT issues to help improve our product
- Ideal candidates will be extremely flexible with scheduling e.g. willing to work on weekends and occasionally holidays.
Qualifications for the Customer Solutions Associate Job
- Higher Education Qualifications in Business/Client Service/Customer Service/Marketing
- Passionate about customer service
- Highly entrepreneurial – comfortable with ambiguity and taking initiative
- Excellent collaborator and team Player
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Good grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Good typing speed (ideally above 45 wpm)
- Previous experience in Customer Service in Finance related company is an added advantage
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.