Duma Works is changing the way people think about hiring. By efficiently connecting employers and potential hires through our mobile platform, we make finding that perfect person a fun experience, allowing businesses to grow and job seekers to access new opportunities.
Ref No: 3126
Duma Works is recruiting a General Manager in Nairobi for one of our clients, a leading interior design and construction services company.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories.
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion;studying trends.
- Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the company by complying with legal requirements.
- Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, enforcing program, operational, personnel policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Marketing Background is a must
- An individual who upholds honesty and integrity.
- Excellent communication skills – being polite, clear and direct when communicating Outgoing and self-confident
- Leadership skills, comfortable making decisions and taking responsibility
- Able to plan and prioritize, and think on your feet when the plan goes out the window
- Understanding of business principles for decision-making
- At least 5 -10 years in a similar role
- Sound knowledge in Microsoft Office proficiency and ERP
go to method of application »
Duma Works is recruiting a Technical Manager for one of its client in Uganda. The hiring company is a reputable solar energy for profit company with branches in Kenya and Uganda.
Ref No: 3127
The Technical Manager will be responsible for implementing our technical management strategy, policies and processes,ensuring client satisfaction through high quality installations that meet relevant standards, safety, and within budget.
Reporting :The Technical Manager will report to the Operations Manager and will work collaboratively with other desk managers.
- Management of Team :Plan, direct, coordinate and develop strategies for the installation,service and workshop team for the successful completion of tasks to ensure client
- Technical and operational Performance: Identify operational and technical issues to ensure timely,quality installations that meet relevant standards
- Staff Development: Mentor and coach team leaders to enable them develop productive teams
- Health and Safety: Promote, adhere to and ensure Health & Safety guidelines, standards and procedures are followed, ensuring good standards of onsite health and safety and to undertake health and safety risk assessments for each installation
- Communication and Reporting: Prepare timely and accurate weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for the technical department and present them to Senior Management
- Management of the department: Manage the implementation and improvement of overall procedures and policies of the technical desk.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or relevant field
- At least 3 years of progressive experience of managing teams
- Relevant experience in Renewable energy sector will be an added advantage.
- Strong Organisation, Leadership and decision making skills
- Ability to explain complex systems in simple terms
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team
- Problem solving, communication/listening skills
- Result oriented, capable to adapt to a dynamic environment
- Fluency in English
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word software applications
- Project management skills.
About the Technical Manager
The Technical Manager is a key role to deliver a professional & high quality service for our commercial customers. You’ll be a customer focused individual with a passion for renewables, an eye for detail and a track record in full project management.
Review and evaluate proposed projects for technical and financial merits and adherence to program and standards.
The Technical Manager is responsible for the management of the installation,service and workshop teams.
You will work closely with other desks to identify, recommend, implement, and support technical
As well as these responsibilities, the Technical manager will define and implement Technical
policies, procedures, and best practices.
Method of Application
Applicants should send a Cover Letter and detailed CV to email@example.com marking the ref number at the subject of the mail, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2782 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 24th November 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.