Kimisitu Sacco was formed in March 1985 by a group of Staff from ICRAF. The society was formed mainly to promote thrift among its members by affording them an opportunity for accumulating their savings; and to thereby create a source of funds from which loans can be made to them exclusively for provident and productive purposes, at fair and reasonable rates of interest; thereby enabling them to use and control their money for their mutual benefit.
The Sacco’s founder members were: Dennis Wambugu (Chairman), Jane Waweru (Secretary), Simon Kanani, James Wahome Charity Kanyeki and Fred Gitau.
Initially, there was no dedicated office for KIMISITU, elected officials operated from their respective employment offices and later moved to city centre in a shared office. Later the office returned to ICRAF Complex when the management of the latter agreed to provide office space at ICRAF House for the then two staff – The Manager and Accounts Clerk.
Receipting of members’ remittances on daily basis and customer service on individual remittances
- Daily updating of bank remittances to member’s accounts.
- Follow up on outstanding bank reconciliation items as guided by the Assistant accountant
- Management of the Msacco platform and daily reconciliation of MPESA account
- Customer service regarding individual remittances
- Follow up on new member registration
- Document Filing of standing orders, bank statements and journals
- Marketing of the Sacco
Necessary Qualifications and Skills:
- University Degree in Finance, Commerce, or Business Administration
- Minimum KCSE C plain
- CPA Part II
- Hands on experience in using ERP software and Microsoft office packages
- Good analytical, skills, good communication and interpersonal skills, must be a team player and able to
- work under minimum supervision.
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience
go to method of application »
- The job holder will be responsible for recruiting new members and selling the Sacco products to members
Sales Job Responsibilities:
Recruiting new members.
- Selling Sacco’s products to member organizations and new organizations.
- Assisting in handling customer complaints and issues.
- Ensuring new organizations’ membership documentation is 100% compliant
- Ensuring new individual membership documentation is 100% compliant.
- Explaining to customers the different types of loans and savings available and their respective terms and
- Advising members on loan eligibility.
- Advising organizations on eligibility for joining Kimisitu Sacco.
- KCSE Grade C- (Minus).
- Diploma in sales and marketing or in business related fields.
- A bachelor’s degree is an added advantage
- Proficiency in computer skills and computer applications
- A person of integrity, team player and have effective communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, outgoing personality, and ability to work independently and effectively under
- pressure and on strict deadlines and in a multicultural setting.
- A good team player
Minimum two (2) years in sales and marketing
Method of Application
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online by filling in the data form from the link www.kimisitusacco.or.ke/accountsassistancedataform/ The data form must be filled in full. Incomplete forms will be disqualified. In addition, the applicants should send Application letter with a detailed CV to email@example.com . Clearly state the subject of the email as Accounts Assistant