Career Opportunities at PATH International - 2 Positions
Posted on: 12 November, 2017
Deadline: 12 November, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at PATH
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
PATH is the leader in global health innovation. An international nonprofit organization, we save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
- Build strong relationships with client teams and serve as strategic advisor on recruiting matters.
- Advise hiring managers on networking and recruiting strategies and provide recommendations for attracting diverse applicants.
- Recruit and hire talent for Eastern Africa region, including Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Ethiopia.
- Source candidates utilizing cutting edge technology, social media, targeted outreach and networking.
- Take initiative to provide innovative solutions to challenges and ensure timeliness and efficiency throughout search.
- Review resumes, interview candidates, lead post interview discussions, and manage candidate communications and expectations.
- Partner with the Regional HRBP in developing recruiting and talent management strategies to ensure critical projects are appropriately staffed.
- Guide hiring managers to identify a balanced interview team, design an efficient and professional interview process, and prepare interviewer.
- Negotiate job offer, coordinate reference and background checks, and ensure candidate records are accurate and complete.
- Guide hiring managers to make fair hiring decisions.
- Develop competitive offers following PATH practices.
- Ensure compliance with PATH policies and practices and applicable local labor laws.
- Participate in the development and optimization of recruiting processes and best practices.
- Contribute to the larger Africa HR and Global HR teams, bringing regional perspective and best practices to the global team.
- Bachelor’s degree. A higher national diploma in HR would be an added advantage
- A minimum of five years’ HR experience with experience in life-cycle recruiting.
- Experience recruiting senior level professionals in the Eastern Africa Region.
- Proven effectiveness leading talent searches while demonstrating professionalism, discretion, fairness, and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated success driving recruitment efforts and influencing clients to adopt best practices in all aspects of recruiting.
- Track record of working well in a team environment with highly technical staff.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working efficiently, productively, and with urgency in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment.
- Proven ability to prioritize competing demands and keep others apprised of progress.
- Demonstrated success exercising sound judgment, applying effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills, and acting and thinking independently.
- Proven success using online recruiting tools and strategies to identify talent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office and working knowledge of applicant tracking systems and online sourcing techniques.
- Membership in a professional HR body is an added advantage
- Draft a wide range of agreements including memorandums of understanding with government agencies and other project stakeholders, public-private partnership collaboration agreements, collaborative research and development agreements, clinical study agreements, manufacturing and supply agreements, license agreements, commercialization agreements, services agreements and other technology-supportive third party agreements.
- Provide legal consultation for PATH’s Office of Grants and Contracts team regarding grants/awards and subordinate agreements managed and prepared by that group.
- Collaborate with program team members and the Office of Grants and Contracts to negotiate agreement terms that align with PATH’s mission, policies and effective stewardship of PATH’s resources.
- Work with program teams to establish strong public-private partnerships serving the mission of PATH.
- Manage scope and interaction with outside counsel in coordination with PATH Senior Counsel and program leaders as appropriate.
- Ensure cost-effective provision of legal services in a timely and effective manner.
- Bachelor of Laws and Postgraduate Diploma in Laws (or equivalent degrees), with license to practice law in Kenya preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, particularly in English (French desirable).
- Minimum of five years of experience, preferably including with multinational or international organizations, regarding technology or life sciences collaborations (involving pharmaceutical, biotech, or biomedical firms preferred).
- Substantial transactional experience drafting and negotiating agreements involving complex collaborations and technology.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proven ability to provide sound practical legal advice.
- Ability to solve problems creatively with aptitude for addressing ambiguity.
- In depth understanding of intellectual property driven transactions (related to the pharma/life science practice preferred).
- Self-starter who collaborates effectively and efficiently within and across groups.
- Ability to synthesize and clearly convey legal concepts and language to non-lawyers.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively in multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 5 to 10%.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about PATHSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at Bible Translation & Literacy (E.A)
- Chief Financial Officer at World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF Kenya)
- Latest Recruitment at Handicap International - Humanity & Inclusion
- Consultant at International Rescue Committee
- Communications Officer at Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya
- Senior Communications Officer at Catholic Relief Services
- Job Opportunity at Village Enterprise
- Job Opportunity at Oxfam