If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Kenya Commercial Bank Limited is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya - incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 - and all KCB's regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan. It also owns KCB Insurance Agency, KCB Capital, KCB Foundation and all associate companies.
Reporting to the Head, Employee Relations and Wellness, the jobholder is responsible for implementation of the disciplinary and grievance handling policies and procedures for a portfolio of assigned Business Units; taking into account, application of law, organization values, operational policies and procedures. The person implements staff recognition programs and interventions that support delivery of business objectives in line with the organization values.
- Formulate input to the Employee Relations and Wellness HR Strategy relating to the assigned Business Units Portfolio.
- Implement the Group HR Policies, procedures and processes relating to the assigned Business Units Portfolio and provides staff and line management with guidance on matters arising thereof.
- In liaison with the Forensic Department and or other concerned Departments, line management and staff, investigate or coordinate the investigation of staff cases relating disciplinary and grievance matters and see to their conclusion and or determination.
- Manage staff separation procedures and communication, ensuring that internal policies and related statutory requirements are observed/fulfilled.
- Internally manage law suits filed against the Bank involving former staff; including liaising with the internal legal department for technical legal advice/guidance, collating appropriate case documentation and evidence, contacting witnesses to corroborate the organisation’s legal position.
- Manage and maintain relationships with internal and/or external customers, stakeholders, and suppliers relating to the assigned Business units portfolio: Heads of HR Departments, Survey Consultants, Trade Unions/Committees, Medical, Wellness and Safety Providers and Consultants, Industry bodies (e.g. Kenya Bankers Association, Federation of Kenya Employers), lawyers, Functional Directors, Heads of Departments, Branch Managers, staff and line managers,
- Prepare substantive management papers, reports, recommendations, opinions, briefs, presentations, proposals and meeting minutes relating to the assigned Business units portfolio.
- Provide secretarial support for business and or staff committees, schemes, initiatives or forums relating to the assigned Business units portfolio. (Disciplinary and Grievance Handling Committees, Appeals Committees, Union/Management Meetings, Staff Recognition Panels, Staff Visits and Engagement Forums).
- Maintain accurate and consistent data, records and statistics relating to the assigned Business Units portfolio
- A University degree in Human Resource Management or a business related field from an institution recognized by the Commission for Higher Education.
- Professional qualifications in HR or specific field of HR
- A member of IHRM
- An MBA or LLB will be an added advantage.
- 5 years’ experience in Human Resource Management; with at least 3 years in Employee Relations and/or Industrial Relations management.
- Sound understanding of HR Policies and Procedures.
- Knowledge of Labour and Employment Laws and HR Regulatory Guidelines
- Excellent leadership, customer service, communication, planning and organizing skills.
- Computer Literacy
Reporting to the Legal Manager, Litigation, the purpose of the role is to assist in managing debt recovery cases and court orders served on the Bank and ensure that the Bank's interests are not prejudiced either before court, in public domain or business environment. Additionally, the job holder provides support with respect to legal issues affecting the entire Credit Support Unit with a view to mitigate legal risks and prevent adverse consequences to the Bank.
- Conduct legal research, collate evidence, prepare witnesses for pre-trial and hearing; develop concept papers, prepare legal briefs and opinions as well as develop effective defence strategies, arguments and testimony in preparation for legal proceedings of cases in liaison with external lawyers.
- Represent the Bank before any court or tribunal as a witness or to watch brief as necessary.
- Assist in managing and measuring performance of external lawyers to ensure efficiency.
- Provide support to the Credit Support Unit on all debt collection related matters, create legal awareness and provide advice on suitable action to avert and/or minimize litigation.
- Scrutinize legal fees and ensure they are raised in accordance with the Remuneration Order and Service Level Agreement.
- Update database of all debt recovery litigation to ensure the same is consistently up to date and provide reports as may be required.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Head, Legal Services
- Ensuring the bank’s compliance with tax regulations.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law
- Post Graduate Diploma from Kenya School of Law.
- At least 3 years' post admission experience in dispute resolution/litigation
- At least 2 years' experience in legal drafting
- At least 2 years' demonstrated experience in legal communication and advocacy
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, problem solving, negotiation skills with the ability to positively and clearly communicate with a variety of constituents.
NB: In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Certificate of Good Conduct (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service as applicable
- Practicing Certificate for 2018
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.