Job reference number DS/SSD/2019
How organizations capture, create and use data is changing the way we work and live. Many indicators suggest we are on the cusp of an analytics revolution that will transform how organizations are managed, as well as the economies and societies in which they operate.
Want to know what will happen in the future? Find the most lucrative opportunities? Get insights into impending outcomes? Make the best decisions possible and unearth opportunities for business?
You have an edge as far as data analytics is concerned; you stay on top of the latest analytics insights and trends, reimagining the possible within data analytics and analytical innovation. You think in terms of possibilities, opportunities and discoveries and have found your niche in the breadth and depth of advanced analytics that wow.
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment? Look no further; Make your move towards analytical innovation within the Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” the place for those looking to new horizons.
The Data Scientist position is the perfect opportunity for you. You will be a pivotal member, reporting to Head – Business Intelligence. You will be responsible for applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, building high quality prediction algorithms, developing analytical reports and devising analytical solutions to use cases.
The primary requirement is not related to traditional programming or systems analysis skills but to the ability to create sophisticated, value-added analytic systems that support revenue generation, risk management, operational efficiency, regulatory compliance, portfolio management, and research.
- Transform large, complex datasets into pragmatic, actionable insights, leverage data to identify, quantify and influence tangible business gain by performing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in reports, dashboards and charts.
- Implement analytical model designs, perform any restructuring required, and review dataset implementations performed by the data engineer and BI developers.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques and Data mining using bank selected data mining tools.
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems, Process, cleanse and verify the integrity of data used for advanced analysis by creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance.
- Improve data foundational procedures, guidelines and standards and develop best practices for data management, maintenance, reporting and security.
- Implement statistical data quality procedures or test driven approach for quality assurance and conduct performance tuning to be able to optimize the application of statistical models and scripts
- Design, build, and maintain various parts of the data warehousing with respect to requirements gathering, data modeling, metric establishment, reporting production, and data visualization.
- Gather and process raw, unstructured data at scale into a form suitable for analysis then consolidate into the data warehouse in order to perform Business Intelligence and advanced analytics.
- Evaluate datasets for accuracy and quality using statistical data quality procedures, software, or test-driven approaches that ensure quality assurance and solve any issues which may arise.
- Assist to analyze business/use case requirements from BI analysts to determine operational problems, define data modeling requirements, gather and validate information, apply judgment and statistical tests and develop data structures to support the generation of business insights and strategy;
- Provide test interfaces for users to test the reports and dashboards before being put on the production environment and carry out technical user training as required to enable users interpret BI solutions.
- Develop and maintain documentation/manuals on models developed, reports generated and statistical solutions devised.
- Assist in developing and implementing a program of continuous improvement of BI processes through a cycle of analysis of existing systems, processes, and tools, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing high-impact changes, and getting feedback from stakeholders.
- A degree in statistics, data sciences or related quantitative fields is preferred (or equivalent on-the-job experience).
- A minimum 3-5 years of business experience as a Data Scientist or applied data experience is required.
- Experience with relational databases such as Oracle, SQL queries, or OLAP cubes is preferred.
- Experience in development of credit score cards will be a huge plus.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM and Decision Forests
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Python, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc.
- Excellence in at least R and/or Python is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig and Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc. with good scripting and programming skills.
- Knowledge of agile software development process and performance metric tools.
- Experience extracting and cleaning text in different formats e.g. HTML, pdf files.
- Proven ability to collaborate with other team members across boundaries and contribute productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view. Able to use strong interpersonal and teamwork skills to cultivate effective, productive client relationships and partnerships across organizational boundaries.
- Strong co-ordination and project management skills to handle complex projects.
go to method of application »
Job reference number DE/SSD/2019
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment? The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom bank” is the place for those looking to new horizons.
We seek a fearless inventor with an artistic streak who can find creative solutions to tough problems and sculpt brilliant strategies from a mountain of data, someone who can create the digital equivalent of Mona Lisa with only an algorithm and a smile.
Reporting to the Head – Business Intelligence, the Data Engineer will be responsible for developing, maintaining, testing, evaluating and implementing data solutions and data architecture design.
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets using statistical techniques and provide reports. Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources, maintain databases/data systems, and apply ETL procedures to normalize data.
- Gather information from business users to understand their detailed requirements and expectations, analyze business/use case requirements from BI analysts to determine operational problems, define data modelling requirements, gather and validate information, apply judgement and statistical tests and develop data structures to support the generation of business insights and strategy.
- Carry out analysis of requirements and recommend solutions to address user requirements. Manage the queue of requests and communicate to the appropriate advanced analytics, BI or data management functions.
- Assist in preparing system definition/specification by the users highlighting technical requirements and roll out BI Solutions to stakeholders. Assist in developing and implementing a program of continuous improvement of BI processes through a cycle of analysis of existing systems, processes and tools, identifying areas for improvement, implement high impact changes and get feedback from stakeholders. Make changes to system/database configurations and parameters to accommodate business and technological requirements.
- Build visualizations to summarize and make presentations to business and other key stakeholders. Filter, clean data and review reports, print outs and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Secure BI solutions by putting adequate controls and restrict access to programs by users in accordance to the requirements of the Bank.
- Understand Key Performance Measures and Indicators that drive company performance measurement and reporting as well as analytics across functions and understand how these metrics and measures align and track against overall business strategies, goals and objectives.
- Guide the business in drawing report formats & wireframes and advice on the best approach to transform data and automate reports as well as Design and code reports/dashboards according to user specification with the key objective to deliver reports that will assist in decision-making and control.
- Develop and maintain documentation/manuals on system configuration or set up, carry out technical user training as required to enable users interpret BI reports as well as deal with data, dashboards and report queries from users and resolve or advise them accordingly.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or any other degree in related fields.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in BI & Software Development using Oracle.
- Experience with relational data modeling, data management and data processing. Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages in analyzing large data sets (Excel, SPS, SAS etc.) will be an added advantage.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques is desired.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with ETL tools such as Oracle ODI and Microsoft SSIS.
- Very good knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and a fair knowledge of Unix & Linux.
- A good understanding of relational databases, particularly Oracle.
- Good understanding of programming languages; specifically experience in database programming languages such as Oracle PL/SQL and SQL Server TSQL.
- Experience in analysis, design and development of efficient business systems
- Good knowledge of reporting and business analytics tools such as such as OBIEE, Microsoft SSRS.
go to method of application »
Job reference number ERA/HRD/2019
We are seeking to strengthen our HR support to the business by recruiting a highly motivated individual for the position of Employee Relations Advisor. This is a stretching role and requires a self-directed professional with ambition to grow, develop their career and most importantly passionate about people.
Reporting to the Head, Employee Relations & Staff Welfare, this position handles employee engagement, organization climate, disciplinary matters, employee wellness and implementing staff recognition programs. This is a critical role and provides an exciting opportunity to be part of developing and executing People Agenda interventions that support delivery of business objectives.
- Facilitate through liaison with line managers, increased awareness and consistency of implementation of employee policies and procedures in the Bank.
- Review and provide input into the resolution and remediation actions of disciplinary matters in consultation with the team leader and the Director HRD.
- Involvement in Industrial Relations with regard to investigations and resolution of all queries raised by the Union or Line Managers on staff matters.
- Implementation of employee engagement initiatives in consultation with the HR Business Partners and the business.
- Implementation of the Employee Wellness program for corporate wellness for increased employee productivity in the Bank.
- Act as an advisor to the various stakeholders on employment legislation, union matters and all matters pertaining to employee relations.
- Under the guidance of the Head- Employee Relations and Staff Welfare, maintain relationships with internal/external stakeholders/customers, Kenya Bankers Association, FKE, Union and Functional Heads.
- Support the Head of the department for any litigation matters by liaising with the internal Legal department for technical legal advice, collating appropriate case documentation and evidence amongst other related duties
- Formulate input to the Employee Relations and Employee Wellness strategy.
- At least a university degree in HR, Law or equivalent from a recognized university with 2-3 years of demonstrable HR experience in a busy environment.
- Ability to contribute to team success by having a positive attitude to work and working with integrity.
- Working under pressure and with little supervision and hence the need to be self-driven and motivated.
- High level of tact and diplomacy and the ability to use appropriate styles and methods of communication to ensure a professional yet personal customer service; excellent spoken and written English.
- Sound understanding of HR policies and procedures and a good understanding and knowledge of Labour and Employment legislation.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a discreet and professional manner;
- Ability to build effective working relationships with others – at all levels of the organization;
- Proven ability to remain calm, focused and organized and to deliver results on time when under pressure and with rapidly changing circumstances;
- Leads from the front, Delivers and owns results, Values and respects others, Drives innovation, Fosters Communication & Inspires trust and integrity Customer Centric.
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com indicating the job reference number by 22nd May, 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer.