Professional development for employees is a key driver of Total’s performance and is achieved through a customized career plan that considers each employee’s aspirations, skills, performance and potential. Total’s Talent Developers are the resources that ensure that development. Every employee, regardless of their position in the organization, receives career development support from a dedicated Talent Developer who is based alongside the workforce.
Your work with approximately 150 employees will cover four main activities.
- Assisting each employee in defining a career development plan and preparing for their future career path. You will conduct career assessments and assist managers in creating individual training plans. You will draw on evaluation tools and solicit a variety of viewpoints in order to solidify each employee’s chosen career direction. Thanks to your coaching and listening skills and your knowledge of the opportunities, career paths and businesses at Total, you will be able to propose ideas and recommendations.
- Supporting managers in the role of coach – You will actively promote each manager’s role as a coach by helping managers interact more effectively with their team and show their commitment to each employee’s personal development. You will provide managers with regular feedback.
- Serving as an HR Partner for the organization – You will conduct people reviews and advise managers on coordinating their teams. You will help to implement HR policies.
- Managing employee mobility – You will work with the managers to ensure that positions within your scope of activity are appropriately staffed. You will ensure the integrity, transparency and fairness of the internal mobility process.
Context and environment
You enjoy working with people. You are an HR professional with at least 10 years of experience, or you are switching from your original career path to HR because you are attracted to the multi-faceted challenge of helping employees develop their career potential. You are familiar with coaching or training. You like to get involved and help employees grow and develop by enabling them to clarify their own ideas while offering advice and suggestions. You know how to listen and how to make yourself heard.
Come be a part of each employee’s professional development.
The job holder will require the following minimum qualifications: –
- Education: University degree, Good command of French and English. International experience is a plus.
- Experience: At least 10 years of successful experience in a field with a strong HR and management focus.
- Skills: Strong ability to work independently; big-picture perspective; listening skills; ability to generate new ideas and demonstrate conviction, influence and leadership; ability to develop managers and their teams; excellent communication skills; ability to make decisions; goal-oriented.
go to method of application »
Tyre Distribution Africa Limited (TYDIA) is a company incorporated in Kenya as a Joint Venture between CFAO Group and Michelin Group both with Head Quarters in France. TYDIA’s core business is the importation and distribution of Michelin Tyres to Its customers in Kenya.
The incumbent will be responsible for developing his/her business portfolio (geographical or segmentation, etc) through the sales of offers (product/service/solution) to Customer (Direct, Indirect, Professional End User, Dealer, Fleets, OE maker)
- Gathers information from the customer to understand their needs and detailed requirements.
- Oversees monitoring of relationships including lessons learned and appropriate feedback (close the loop).
- Develops/generates new leads by monitoring trends, conducting research, identifying opportunities, cold calling and making appointments.
- Educates and develops rapport with internal and external customers, promoting partnerships, seeking feedback and proactively addressing customer needs and requests.
- Expands customer buying centers and use cases, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring that all customer needs and expectations are met.
- Develops communication and training programs to inform sales and marketing teams of new product launches and changes in organizational strategy.
- Develops processes and procedures to optimize account management efforts and ensure sales goals are achieved.
- Monitoring of the credit of the customer following the policy of the company.
- Develops sales action plans for targeting leads, converting them into sales.
- Manages own territory by allocating time and resources.
- Develops and maintains mid-term territory plans.
- Gathers and disseminates competitor market intelligence.
- Maintains and updates customer target list.
- Participates in strategic lead generation and development of target markets.
- Identifies new, profitable business potential in specific markets.
- Monitors partnership arrangements to ensure that the objectives of the partnership remain on target.
- Influences various partnerships to meet multiple goals.
- Analyzes complex information, identifies patterns and implications; understands that the root cause of an issue may initially appear to be unrelated to the issue.
Product, Service & Industry Knowledge
- Pitches own organization against competition in generic terms.
- Identifies related industries that may have an impact on own industry
- Matches product knowledge to the implicit needs of the customer.
- Troubleshoots product related problems.
- Reaches mutually acceptable solutions in straightforward, formal negotiations with internal or external stakeholders (e.g., negotiates with external contractors on straightforward service delivery; negotiates with other departments on cost sharing).
- Selects an approach to negotiation based on an understanding of each party’s interests and priorities.
Customer Value Management
- Develops and executes channel and customer promotions/programs that leverage national brand ideas/thinking and consumer insights to drive increased consumer preference and customer activity.
- Works with sales strategy and planning partners to ensure forecast accuracy, maximization of opportunities and development of plans to deliver against organization’s objectives.
- Identifies business opportunities based on knowledge of clients, markets, products and services.
- Coordinates planning activities with other functions and stakeholders within the organization.
TYDIA – Sales and Marketing Team, Customer Service Team, Supply Chain Team
Group Companies – Toyota Kenya Limited, Toyota Tsusho East Africa Limited, Toyota Tsusho Fertilizer Africa Ltd, Toyotsu Automart Kenya Ltd, Tsusho Capital, DT Dobie
- Customers (Distributors, Fleet)
- BCOM Degree or any other relevant Degree
- 5 Years of relevant work experience
- Experience in the automotive industry is an added advantage
- Professional Competencies
- Customer Service Relationship
- Account Management
- Opportunity Management
- Time and Territory Management
- Sales Planning
- Business Partnering
- Industry Knowledge
- Product & Service and Technical Knowledge
- Customer Value Management
- Impact and Influence
- Working with autonomy
go to method of application »
- Partner with Factory Accountant and Production team and procurement team to execute the proper factory accounting and stock keeping
- Provides required financial information to Management
- Drive strong Governance and Internal Controls in the Factory
- Manage factory Budgets and costs under jurisdiction
- Provide direction & leadership Stock control team
- Direct and supervise Warehouse clerks based at Factory in the proper execution of stock control tasks.
- Check the proper filling and updating of relevant files ( sales File, Goods return, credit note requests
- Maintain/extract from Navision and consolidate stock movement reports and circulate the same on daily basis.
- Review production posting transfer files to ensure correct quantities are captured on trial balance.
- Review Good Receipt Note file for material receipts against vendor invoices & LPOs
- Check and Validate proper posting of receipts to correct codes and LPOs
- Weekly perform factory spot checks and stock cycle counts including validation of production related stock for raw materials, WIP (if any) and Finished goods
- Perform reconciliation of inventory at Factory considering all relevant changes.
- Flags up redundant/obsolete stock to management for disposal
- Supervise inventory Movement and Sales at Factory and manage stock transfers by location.
- Update inventory trial balance with Finishing of jobs ( Review & Change status) against Product Transfer Note(PTN)
Project Management- IT and Related Improvement
- Assist in carrying out manufacturing trials from the finance perspective, perform cost comparison.
- Calculation of Cost Production in a timely and accurate manner (
- Timely and accurate reporting of factory results ( Actual inputs & outputs)
- Perform Final landed cost of materials( additional charges until stored at relevant bay)
- Review material cost and changes per consignment and impact on margin
- Perform analysis and utilization of trucks and perform costs and benefits ( generate P&L for each; 3 HINOs & prime Mover)
- Provide production related proposals for input into the annual budget preparations
- Identifies cost and asset utilization improvement opportunities, and co-development of solutions
- Effective use of BOM for product costing.
- Check Transport invoices against delivery notes and agreed rates ( transport invoices)
- Perform 3 match (LPO/Delivery Note & Invoice): Check proper posting of receipts into Navision as per delivery.
- Manage posting of Petty Cash & checking
Safety, Health, Environment
- Observes all Safety, Health & Environmental related issues as per the company’s documented Policies and Legislation
- TTFA Staff
- TTEA Corporate Team
- Proven experience in successful Cost accounting and Inventory Control role from manufacturing background a must.
- 3+ years’ experience hands on in the same position.
- Degree in finance/Accounting/ Business related
- Candidates must be a CPA / ACCA finalist
- Proven ability to utilize Finance systems accurately and efficiently
- Able to manage own workload, set and meet deadlines and operate independently with minimum supervision.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office applications and ERP system experience (Navision preferred), implementation knowledge will be an added advantages.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Good understanding of accounting practices & related software with emphasis on Navision
- Good knowledge of Internal Control System
- Strong in numeracy.
- Fluent in English (spoken & written)
- Ability to ensure task completion & meet stated deadlines
- Good delegation skills
- Good interpersonal & communication skills including report writing
- Strong analytical skills
Attitudes / Behaviors
- Proactive “Can do” attitude
- Eye for detail & analytical
- Good team builder & player
- Honesty & integrity
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Send your applications to email@example.com
Applications close on 17th May 2019.