The Micro and Small Enterprises Authority (MSEA) is a State Corporation established under Micro and Small Enterprises Act No. 55 of 2012.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director, MSE Strategy, Planning and Coordination will be responsible for all matters pertaining to the promotion and facilitation of Research on development of Micro and Small Enterprises Sector.
- Providing strategic leadership and management in the Corporate Planning Department;
- Advising and guiding other Divisions/Departments on corporate planning matters, economic analysis and development planning;
- Performance monitoring, evaluation, reporting, research and development;
- Preparing policy memorandum for funding/partnerships and collaboration on projects;
- Administering, directing, and reviewing policy and planning programs;
- Analysing government policies, regulations, and legislation to develop new policies and plans or revise existing policies, plans, or programs;
- Analysing statistical data and reports to identify and determine areas of interventions and develop recommendations for improvement of organization’s policies and practices;
- Liaising and consulting with MSEA stakeholders on legislative, policy, and planning issues;
- Coordinating development and review of the Authority’s Strategic Plan;
- Developing and guiding implementation of the Authority’s performance contracts and annual work plans;
- Overseeing implementation of a monitoring and evaluation system;
- Coordinating preparation of performance progress reports; Entrepreneurship Transforming Kenya
- Guiding the development, implementation and review of relevant economic analysis models; and
- Coordinating administrative and staffing matters in the department.
- Minimum experience of twelve (12) years, five (5) of which must have been in a senior management position in Strategy, Planning and Coordination in micro and small enterprises or in a comparable position;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Economics, Statistics, Strategic Planning/Management, Business Administration, or equivalent qualification in related field from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Economics, Statistics, Strategic Planning/Management, Business Administration, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Membership to a relevant professional body;
- Certificate in Leadership Course lasting not less than six (6) weeks;
- Certificate in either Monitoring and Evaluation, Quality Assurance or any other related qualifications; and
- Proficiency in computer application.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of the mission, vision, and strategies of MSEA and the ability to clearly interpret and apply the role of Micro and Small Enterprise in Kenya’s social economic development and particularly in line with vision 2030 and Big 4 Agenda.
Method of Application
Application letters should be include detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, 3 referees with their e-mail addresses and telephone contacts; quoting the Reference Number for the job being applied on both the envelope and the application letter.
All applications should either be sent through the post office or hand delivered or emailed to the Chief Executive Officer not later than 10th June, 2019.
The Chief Executive Officer
Micro and Small Enterprise Authority (MSEA)
Utalii House 10th Floor, Left wing
P.O. Box 48823 – 00100
MSEA is an equal opportunity employer .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form or failure to attach any of the stipulated documents shall lead to automatic disqualification